Sign in to follow this  
Imshi-Yallah

Irish Interim troops

I was wondering if anyone would like to help produce and Interim Irish soldier pack until Pmachine returns to complete his.

SASR_SABRE and SKEG_MAN have generously given permission to use their ADF models, and unless Im mistaken Sabre has some textures already, just not the time to apply them.

Having the troops would allow for the release of some other addons, to complete a humble Irish pack.

Thanks

Imshi-Yallah,

say what the GIF file of. The addon or just another game rock.gif

*Horray 1000 post*

Imshi-Yallah watch your filesizes please, you're still on a warning level for posting 5 over 100kb in the combat photography thread so you should be well aware of the rule about hotlinked images.

Sorry forgot about it for the gif thing, apologies.

No the Gif pic was from a Ghost Recon Mod, just trying to put people in the mood sad_o.gif

Irish gaurds etc ...to the best of my knowledge wear DPM , just like the rest of the UK's armed force .

Irelands not part of the U.K and neithers it army. Its been an independant state for a while.

Irelands not part of the U.K and neithers it army.  Its been an independant state for a while.

I think Orson was refering to the "Irish Guards" regiment which is infact a part of the UK forces Guards division.

Ontopic. having seen this thread i'm kinda thrilled at the idea of having an Irish army i can invade with my PUKForces soldiers  tounge_o.gif .

Irelands not part of the U.K and neithers it army.  Its been an independant state for a while.

I think Orson was refering to the "Irish Guards" regiment which is infact a part of the UK forces Guards division.

Ontopic. having seen this thread i'm kinda thrilled at the idea of having an Irish army i can invade with my PUKForces soldiers  tounge_o.gif .

lol *pictures Mr Reality fumbling with a jammed SA80 as Irish forces look on in disbelief*

Quote[/b] ]Irelands not part of the U.K and neithers it army. Its been an independant state for a while.

Since we won our war of independence in 1921, the IRA has been the enemy ever since then, common mistake to think that the IRA are the Irish army, or indeed an army at all.

Quote[/b] ]Ontopic. having seen this thread i'm kinda thrilled at the idea of having an Irish army i can invade with my PUKForces soldiers

Thrilled to the point were you'd do the texturing?

*sigh* check my sig for pictures of the actual Irish army, should give any prospective texturers an idea of what would be involved.

thx.

On the subject of PUKF, their soldier model would be the ideal basis for an Irish defence forces soldier since we use PLCE and similar cuts of smock shirt and trouser.

But the ADF pack is excellent and would require only basic cutting and pasting, if anyone had an interest in doing so....

*Imshi goes back into his corner

Edoted: for obscene, funny and true typo

Anyone know where I could get decent PLCE and Bergen models?

ARW, cav and patrol and fighting infantry should be possible out of mixing and matching the models from SABRE and SKegs pack, but the basic webgear and backpack aren't similar to anything we use.

HelmetFO.jpg

FOboonie.jpg

BergenBoonie.jpg

My own fumblings

I think Bibmi left the community a while ago. It'd be worth asking UKF, as he helped found it.

Just for the purposes of my own experimentation how would I go about applying textures from Bibmis decompiled PBO to Skegs model s?

Anyone know where I could get decent PLCE and Bergen models?

ARW, cav and patrol and fighting infantry should be possible out of mixing and matching the models from SABRE and SKegs pack, but the basic webgear and backpack aren't similar to anything we use.

[im]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/Imshi-Yallah/HelmetFO.jpg[/img]

[im]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/Imshi-Yallah/FOboonie.jpg[/img]

[im]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/Imshi-Yallah/BergenBoonie.jpg[/img]

My own fumblings

I think he was refering to that post. smile_o.gif

DOH, that reminds me, still got to pack that youknowwhat up smile_o.gif

Sorry I kinda forgot sad_o.gif

I hope Imshi doesnt mind me posting this.

2 days ago i sent Imshi an email offering texture help. Last night i got a reply and started on the BDU. I now have work of a reasonable enough standard to post a screenshot of.

My apologies for the BDU texture not being of fantastic quality, but i have only 9 more days before i leave for 6 months, and i don't have time to perfect everything. However, i believe it should prove sufficient as at least an interim pack.

The soldier model is the ADF unit by Skegman. The smock hood is my own addition.

IDF.jpg