Sign in to follow this  
king homer

M1A2 Abrams SEP

fine work ....can't wait to support the armored spearhead in "Whispering Death" ....yet another fine job ...all we need now is a working IVIS system for all the ground combat elements

King Homer, your M1A2 SEP is looking good so far (as does SILESIAN’s). I would like to point out to you that it may be better to equip your M1A2 SEP with the type of tracks that SILESIAN is using on his tank (not including the bottom most one of the group of five pictures he posted on page one of this thread).

That type is the newer type, and it is known as T158. The older style that the M1 series was originally equipped with is known as the T156 track type (like you currently have on your M1A2 SEP). Some M1s are still equipped with the T156 tracks, but for your M1A2 SEP the T158 would be much more appropriate.

Wheres silesian's? I looked on the BI forums and the ofp gamezone search but didn't find anything cept a retextured: apache,cessna,and so on and so forth,no abrams though.

Oh and before I loose thought of it,is there way to make the X likeshape on the of the abrams,where the tracks are and such less stretched?

Wheres silesian's? I looked on the BI forums and the ofp gamezone search but didn't find anything cept a retextured: apache,cessna,and so on and so forth,no abrams though.

Oh and before I loose thought of it,is there way to make the X likeshape on the of the abrams,where the tracks are and such less stretched?

He posted some pics about halfway down page 1.

Very cool video. Thanks. Any chance of seeing another taken mostly during daylight? I give you major props for artistry, and atmosphere, but I'd just like to see the tank, and different scripts at work.

Thanks again!

Hm..why not make 2 SEP abrams with both tread tracks? I like Silesians and the other one at the same time sad_o.gif

And in later versions will the treads have the "cut off" parts like the M60A1 by inquisitor?

congrats on the staff script, just had a quick run with it and it was great fun!

death from above baby  tounge_o.gif

m1staff.jpg

going to try the mpat script now, see if the fuze works  smile_o.gif

We're still workin on details and on both scripts are reworked at the moment.

What is that? rock.gifwow_o.gif

The SAM site got hit by a 120mm XM943 STAFF round.

Wow! What a kool killing device! ghostface.gif

Quote[/b] ]XM943 120mm Tank Round- Smart Target Activated Fire and Forget (STAFF)

STAFF is a 120mm tank round thatsearches out and destroys enemy armor at distances beyond the reach of conventional munitions. As a top-attack smart munition, STAFF destroys enemy armor by flying over it and firing a highly lethal explosively formed penetrator down into its lightly armored top. No enemy armor is safe from STAFF -- whether it's moving, at long range, or in defilade. Although STAFF is primarily designed as an anti-armor round, it complements the M830A1 tank round by being highly lethal against helicopters.

STAFF is unique among antiarmor munitions because of its large sensor footprint and the standoff capability of its explosively formed penetrator warhead.

STAFF requires no change to the tank turret and no unique actions by the tank crew other than setting a single range zone switch. From aiming and firing to the last stages of its operation, STAFF functions much like a conventional round. During ballistic flight, STAFF establishes a vertical reference and orients itself with the ground. In the final seconds of flight, a search and track mode is initiated. The forward-scanning millimeter wave sensor establishes a large footprint for target acquisition. The round flies over the target, rolls to align the warhead, fuzes, and then fires its lethal penetrator down into the most vulnerable area of the tank.

Alliant Techsystems developed the STAFF round. Proof of principle was demonstrated in 1990.

m943-2.jpg

crazy_o.gif

If I get permission, I may also include the new ORCS effect script.

I've been using it, I think it looks great.

Very nice everyone, finally an Abrams with all guns added (all though of course not all working) smile_o.gif

well we may have that soon thanks the great efforst by rhs smile_o.gif . back on topic a very nice looking abrams, those new ammo types are lethal

It looks... strange. And not similar for EFP explosions

(f.e. could be seen here http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/sadarm.htm )

STAFF hit would propably look as cloud of smoke and flames just above tank roof and on it - and quick disperse. Not as column of light that stays and stays...

But maybe you got better photos and sources... if yes, would you share? wink_o.gif

Abrams looks.. lethal ghostface.gif

STAFF hit would propably look as cloud of smoke and flames just above tank roof and on it - and quick disperse. Not as column of light that stays and stays...

it doesn´t really stay that long..i used slowmo to capture the effect.

although a little cloud above the hit tank would be nice too smile_o.gif

It looks... strange. And not similar for EFP explosions

(f.e. could be seen here http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/sadarm.htm )

But maybe you got better photos and sources... if yes, would you share? wink_o.gif

Abrams looks.. lethal ghostface.gif

Thx for the Pics, it was really hard to find anyone, now we can make the STAFF explosion as realistic as possible.

Guest [B.B.S.] T_D

We couldnt find any pictures of the STAFF explosion, so we had to improvise. Now we have good pictures and I'll rework the script. But this will be at least at next week, cause I'm on holiday for one week.

T_D @ Dec. 17 2004,17:08)]We couldnt find any pictures of the STAFF explosion, so we had to improvise. Now we have good pictures and I'll rework the script. But this will be at least at next week, cause I'm on holiday for one week.

Damn. Now have to wait few more days... sorry   tounge_o.gif

Of course I am not 100% sure if STAFF EFP explode in another way than those EFPs in artillery projectiles (f.e. M898 SADARM) or ATGMs (f.e. TOW2B), but adding some smoke, reducing this column of light dimensions and making it dispersing faster may give some good results.

Few years ago I saw some short clip (in TV?) with BILL attack (HEAT warheads, but it attacks from above), maybe there is somewhere in web... but from the other hand any simple RPG explosions is similar.

How is your STAFF effective against tanks in OFP?

Yeah staff shot was way too bright and large, Wondering if this is gonna be another one of those things being made that won't have propor counter measures.

We already have stuff o defeat the STAFF round, and the Russains were working on things to make it less effective. like adding more ERA blocks to the turret deck, as well as Shatora (sp) and Arena systems that can effect Staff.

The big moan, whats this gonna be like for MP missions, usualy something with fancye scripts is not gonna like being used in P sessions, even if you put it in the read me people are still gonna try using it in MP and piss and moan about it.. Like MCAr units.

Glad you didn't use the extra gun scripts aviable, be annoying being chased around by a dislocated gunners postion that was unkillable once the tank was destroyed. dispited you droped a 500 lgb on the commanders access hatch.