Sign in to follow this  
Spark

Which ennemis for the campaign?

Yep, but it's harder to switch resistance units to East/West than used the Russians or US army... crazy_o.gif But it's possible... smile_o.gif

So fight the French and the Germans - problem solved wink_o.gif

Maybe the swiss can be caught between the 2 sides in a new war. smile_o.gif

I agree with Pathy, there is an option with the weather menu and such to choose who the resistance side is friendly with just set on "nobody" and let it rip.

why do ppl always want the russians as the bad men?

I've thought of the swiss banks and all that nazi gold there. who would be interested in it? who has the rights to steal it? who has the capability of invading any country in the world (at least thinks he has)? who is the leader of the world (at least he thinks he is)?

that's right the greedy Mr G. W. Bush and the US of A

Yep, but it's harder to switch resistance units to East/West than used the Russians or US army... crazy_o.gif But it's possible... smile_o.gif

So fight the French and the Germans - problem solved wink_o.gif

That is the only thing I could think of as enemies in a campaign. With any countries troops I always look at surrounding countries, and the history between those countries in the last several hundred years to see if there were any changes with borders or anything of that sort. I woudn't really expect the Russians to have to cross over countries (even by air) to invade Switzerland tounge_o.gif

That is the one argument I can provide for not having someone like the USA or Russia attack, they are almost too far away to have any reason to even attack the Swiss, and it would be almost too controversial for anyone in EU to just sit there and let it happen.. Same might go if France or Germany attacked, but such quick manuvering could be on a massive scale, and France does have Nuclear arms that would keep other countries from rushing in too quick to help the Swiss.. just a few ideas. crazy_o.gif

I woudn't really expect the Russians to have to cross over countries (even by air) to invade Switzerland tounge_o.gif

That is the one argument I can provide for not having someone like the USA or Russia attack, they are almost too far away to have any reason to even attack the Swiss

have you totally forgotten Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, Bosnia and such

the americans have gone to various places with no profit and nothing to achieve so I wouldn't be surprised

No, ofcourse I have not forgotten. You do have a good point, but most of those conflicts were in different time and for different causes and consequences involved (Aside for the last conflicts since around 1990). I can't really imagine Russia or the U.S. even having a reason for invading Switzerland, I have never heard of tensions between any of them but if anyone would like to correct me on that please go ahead. Ofcourse, anything would be possible, but it would be almost more realistic if someone in Europe, prefferably close to Switzerland was the aggressor.. It would cause a major stir within the EU, and it wouldn't be an "outsider" attacking, making it harder to deal with. What I meant by the finding it hard to believe the US or Russia would go so far is how could they pass over France, Germany, or any other country in the EU with permission? I would think if anyone threatened a country in EU then the rest of the EU nations would have their military on alert, especially AA hardware. That's just my opinion.

Is there any country having a reason invading switzerland  rock.gif

And yes there are several military alliances that guarantiee

help in case of war , such as the WEU (West European Union)or the Weimar Triangle (Poland,Germany, France and i think Denmark too)

Quote[/b] ]Is there any country having a reason invading switzerland
Maybe to understand in our campaign... lol

Take the Austrians! Would be a ablanced fight and you Swiss hate them anyway! Let's say they try to invade Liechtenstein and you stand in their way! tounge_o.gif

*ROFL*

Germany attacks Switzerland... yeah, sure.

We didn't even do that when we had some military power, and now we can barely pay our military... tounge_o.gif

Go for a peacekeeping mission.

biggrin_o.gif lol!

Yep, but how to make peacekeeping without addons?? rock.gif Of course we can take BIS Resistance units and integrate soédiers in the config for they are West or East side... smile_o.gif

Yep, but how to make peacekeeping without addons??  rock.gif Of course we can take BIS Resistance units and integrate soédiers in the config for they are West or East side...  smile_o.gif

Like in the yellow pages commercial, when in doubt you better ask someone professional wink_o.gif

For Resistance, dial 0800-GEN-OPFOR... smile_o.gif

Look here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=43573

how about a "civil war" in the EU and the mighty swiss put their spoon in the soup and try to put an end to the war without anyone else knowing biggrin_o.gif

*ROFL*

Germany attacks Switzerland... yeah, sure.

We didn't even do that when we had some military power, and now we can barely pay our military... tounge_o.gif

Go for a peacekeeping mission.

That is why I was pushing more for France rather than Germany. I suppose a peacekeeping mission would be best especially using those new units.

I'm with Ronin on this one (yeah write that down tounge_o.gif )

Stick with what's available, we have decent French and German units already. It's always rebels or evil Russkies we're pitted against, it gets kinda tedious and there's only so many reasons to fight them.It's also a plausible scenario IMO.

If not this scenario, then I'm with the peace keeping idea ALONGSIDE the French and Germans smile_o.gif

I would love to see the French and German units we have so far, implemented into this campaign.But the French and Germans don't exactly like to take the initiative when it comes to invading another country.Like Iraq for example.What would it take for those two nations to actually use there military power rather than there diplomatic way.

Yes... we can create the "ex-Yugoslavia" island for the campaign... It's a possibility... I'll see with our unofficial future island-maker biggrin_o.gif

But the French and Germans don't exactly like to take the initiative when it comes to invading another country.Like Iraq for example.

Well they did not engage because it was illegal , but this is another issue we have not to discuss here.

If MMP and Operation frenchpoint agree I would love to see some German and French units in your campaign.

Hope you succeed and good luck ...

Greetz MC

For OFrP... It's in resistance too... And MMP, why not but it's not suffisant production for a good opposition. The best is that we should have our own units (for good balance...)

wink_o.gif

And the Gen OPFOR don't work at me... sad_o.gif

The best enemy IMHO would be USA. Their president finds oil there and finds out that swiss's president commits genocide to his own people. So american one prepares his peacemakers' forces and heads to rescue swiss people.

ok....seriously folks...wars against top tier nations are not a good idea (for realism reasons) France, the UK, Germany or the USA(are u serious crazy_o.gif ) would pummel Switzerland in a realworld conflict..period. And when is the last time Switzerland has lead a coalition..um yeah. A more realistic campaign would have this nice units used as part of a peace keeping operation gone bad or something like that..I like the before mentioned Kosovo crisis idea..it seems plausible and realistic.

Yes. The Kosovo is a good idea... but we need units for aOPFOR (by our mod or a addon) crazy_o.gif