Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

Airlines for OFP

Guest RKSL-Rock

As the title suggests I'm looking for airlines that the community would expect to see in OFP environments.

Since Everon, Nogova etc are assumed to be eastern european in location i'd expect to see eastern european airlines visiting the airports.

I'm developing a series of civil aircraft (and their military versions) so i'm looking into Colour schemes etc.

So far the airframes I have are:

Airbus A340-200 & 300

Airbus A330-300

Boeing 707

ATR-42

ATR-72

Avro RJ85/BAe 146-200

Obviously the Airbus airceaft are too modern to be anything but "1st world" airlines: BA, Air France, Lufthansa etc.

Eventually if demand is high enough I'll add:

Boeing 737

Boeing 767

Lockheed L1011 Tristar

Vickers VC10

What I would like is:

Realistic suggestions of airlines for our OFP envronments and links to high res pics if at all possible.

Everon/Malden/Nogova = European/Eastern European

Tonal = Middle East/African

etc...

Also:

I remember a thread for Nogovan Airlines colour scheme a while ago - any suggestions for other fictional airlines in theme would be appreciated - especially if they include some sort of demo artwork.

Cheers

If you remember back to the CWC campaign, James was the owner of Pegasus Air, might be cool to make that.

Hmm... there have been commercial jet addons released in the past... but has anyone made any missions with them? Just wondering, because it would be a shame for you to go through all that work, and have nobody use the things... Course, that isn't the reason why people make addons anyway, so no matter. wink_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Uh....I want Malaysia and Singapore Airlines.Did my PM gave you the idea of this topic? smile_o.gif

Actually yes and no...

Yes because i know some people in the community have had this debate on various boards and have been asking for civil aircraft for a while and you were one of them.

No because I needed some feedback about the 'sorts' of airlines and airliners people want in game to fit the most popular "ingame" scenerios.

Unfortunately I'm not planning in doing Singapore or Malaysia airlines...no offense...but i cant see them being in high demand by alot of people.

I plan on making 3-5 skins of the most popular of the suggestions from this thread.  I will release the PSD's that I used to make the skins so that other people can reskin them to their heart's content.

Quote[/b] ]Luftansa?

I'd already thought of that in the main post smile_o.gif - any others?

Quote[/b] ]Hmm... there have been commercial jet addons released in the past... but has anyone made any missions with them? Just wondering, because it would be a shame for you to go through all that work, and have nobody use the things... Course, that isn't the reason why people make addons anyway, so no matter.  

From my research of previous airliners made for OFP I'd say the reason for that was the fact that they were all crap and look like they were either made from Lego or should have been....although the Lega Warz Jet was rather cool! - probably had a deciding factor.

Quote[/b] ]James was the owner of Pegasus Air,

Any links or pics?  I cant find any references here.

How about Polish airlines LOT or CSA Czech Airlines? I am not sure whether either one of them use the planes you are planning on working on, unless you are willing to make one of these Boeings; 767-300, 767-200, 737-300, 737-400, and 737-500. I know that LOT has a lot of Boeing 737-400 and 737-500s. CSA also uses Boeing 737s, as well as the Airbus A310-300.

Click here and you will see all or most of the airlines of europe. They also have links that you can use. Hope that helps a bit.

Edit: checked a bit more and some of the links are down, but hey you can still you the Name of the airline. Just google it.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Why work so hard?

Let TomiD do them all in 5 minutes. tounge_o.gif

Because I'd rather that the first official RKSL release be 100% new and unique. Not recycled MS Flight Sim skins applied to my models. No offense intended or inferred to TomiD - i really like the F-14 reskins - very cool

Thanks for the feedback so far guys.

737's might not be impossible - but i'm not going to guarentee anything...

@Drill Sergeant - I never noticed that...will have to go and have a look...:) ...Though I think the ATR or 146's might be a bit on the large side for an "Air Taxi Service".

SAS? Scandinavian airlines biggrin_o.gif or finnair, they could go well ith fdf mod and the swedish forces pack mod tounge_o.gif and they fly all around europe to smile_o.gif

I plan on making 3-5 skins of the most popular of the suggestions from this thread. I will release the PSD's that I used to make the skins so that other people can reskin them to their heart's content.

Make a Tonal skin wink_o.gif

I plan on making 3-5 skins of the most popular of the suggestions from this thread.  I will release the PSD's that I used to make the skins so that other people can reskin them to their heart's content.

Make a Tonal skin  wink_o.gif

Now that you mention it:

UTA, before it was swallowed up by Air France.

Since Everon, Nogova etc are assumed to be eastern european in location i'd expect to see eastern european airlines visiting the airports.

I'm developing a series of civil aircraft (and their military versions) so i'm looking into Colour schemes etc.

So far the airframes I have are:

[ATR-42

ATR-72

Avro RJ85/BAe 146-200

I think these small island hopper type aircraft would be more appropriate for OFP, since it’s based on small island environments.

I saw there was some discussion around which airlines were to represented. I'd suggest a Nogovan Airlines and a Generic Airlines version (maybe with the possibility to add your own logo, similar to Footmunch's roundel system).

In additionto the aircraft mentioned above, it would be great to see some of these as passenger and freight carrying aircraft:

Russian and East Europe aircraft

Antonov/PZL Mielec An-2

Antonov An-12

Antonov An-24

West Europe and US Aircraft

Avro RJ70 & BAe 146-100

BAe Jetstream 41

Boeing 737-100 & 737-200

Fokker F-27

Fokker 50

I would like to see some "TurboProps" like the ATR-42, ATR-72 and perhaps a small jet like the Avro RJ85/BAe 146-200 you mentioned. I'm actually nor sure if big planes like the Airbus A340-200 & 300 or Airbus A330-300 would fit that good too ofp (compared with the "normal" size of the islands and airports).

About the Airlines: I would prefer a fictional airline, but i can also live with an existing one biggrin_o.gif

Ah, and some "old" planes would be nice, too. Perhaps something like the Antonov, NAF is making.

MfG MEDICUS smile_o.gif

We only want well good looking civil planes, the name doesn't really matters. You can create your own air company smile_o.gif

@Drill Sergeant - I never noticed that...will have to go and have a look...:) ...Though I think the ATR or 146's might be a bit on the large side for an "Air Taxi Service".

In the CWC campaign there is a cutscene where James gets a phonecall from Col. Blake. There is a Cessna outside the hangar and one more inside being worked on. You get to see the door clearly in it.

I know the commercial planes are a bit large for an Air Taxi service but i still think the name Pegasus is kinda cool.

Aeroflot!!!

some of the Ilyushin birds, IL-14 Crate, IL-18, and IL-78(that way you can also make a Mainstay)

not to mention the always awesome AN-72 Coaler

I think Footmunch is working on an An-72?  rock.gif

Edit: I think a Nogovan and a Tonalese airline are vital! smile_o.gif