Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

USA Politics Thread - *No gun debate*

I find myself agreeing with Badger, along with his personal preference. But seeing the likes of Francine Dee, I have no problem dealing with the weight she carries up front. For me at least, and this is obviously a personal opinion I don't give a damn if the American society has been riddled by so called "pressure" to look like what's broadcasted on TV or in magazines. Hell, you look what you want to look like, big, small, etc. D, FFF, or XXXX front heavy is whatever exists, by that I mean go with what you like. Just because it's there doesn't mean you have to like it. smile_o.gif

and I quote:

"Kerry served in the military, in the frontline, and won medals. Bush served in Alabama and had his teeth fixed. I have a friend that was in the Air Force and was in Kentucky running radar sites for bomber training missions during the Gulf War. He didn't come anywhere near the Middle East. He thinks its absolutely hilarious (and ridiculous) that he is consdered a Gulf War Vet.

Basically Bush did a fine job of slandering and smearing the name of a Vietnam Vet, something he did previously, and equally malaciously in 2000. "

Actually, if you'd done your homework, you would know that the only reason john kerry got his medals is because HE HIMSELF put in the paperwork for HIMSELF. the only thing he ever did was chase down a mortally wounded pre-teenaged viet-cong, & shoot him in the back, get back on the boat, etc. most of the people on that boat said at least some of the wounds were self inflicted, ie, misuse of grenades, etc.

although i voted for bush, everyday, he seems like more and more of an idiot, so i'll go with you on that. but just because bush is a freakin' idiot doesn't mean kerry is any better. he is not the honorable vietnam vet many would think. saying things like that make people like my father cringe, who served tours in vietnam as a US marine 2nd lieutenant to captain in 1968-70. george bush may be a dumbass, but at least he's honest. he doesn't play with your mind, & just tell you what you want to hear to get elected, (ie, john kerry) he really screwed up by going into iraq; (i myself am a 1st LT in the USMC, & have been twice) BUT, at least he's honest about why he went in, he thinks it has something to do with the war on terror. he knows he's screwed up, but he's prepared to face it, & see it through, so the soldiers that have died, won't have died in vain. john kerry was one of the most vocal advocates of using military force against saddam hussein, that is, BEFORE he started his presidential campaign. after seeing howard dean climb in the polls as a result of his lobbying against the war, kerry decided he was anti war? kerry is just a phony idiot, like i said, george W may be an idiot, but he's a helluva lot better than kerry any day.

bush never smeared john kerry. john kerry smeared himself by not being honest to the american people.

Quote[/b] ]he is not the honorable vietnam vet many would think. saying things like that make people like my father cringe, who served tours in vietnam as a US marine 2nd lieutenant to captain in 1968-70. george bush may be a dumbass, but at least he's honest. he doesn't play with your mind, & just tell you what you want to hear to get elected, (ie, john kerry) he really screwed up by going into iraq; (i myself am a 1st LT in the USMC, & have been twice)
He was more honorable than Bush. Also Kerry has every right to slander the vietnam war because he fought in it. Also Bush does play with your mind he used bogus CIA reports that were nothing but shit and if I remember correctly the CIA said that they didnt think it was worth shit to go to war in Iraq. A war that cost more lives than any war since Vietnam itself. Kerry atleast had a exit plan to clean up bush's pile of shit. Bush doesnt even know how to read a damn speech without fucking it up.

P.S. I'm going to confirm wether your a marine or not on SOCOM.net just because I've met alot of military or Spec. Ops. wanabes who share these same stupid views.

P.S. I'm going to confirm wether your a marine or not on SOCOM.net just because I've met alot of military or Spec. Ops. wanabes who share these same stupid views.

No one's view is stupid, everyone has the right to express his point of view without having to fear to suffer from personal attacks such as this one.

On a sidenote, how does one's profession determine one's political and socio-economic outlook?

No one's view is stupid, everyone has the right to express his point of view without having to fear to suffer from personal attacks such as this one.

On a sidenote, how does one's profession determine one's political and socio-economic outlook?

Because most of the the soldiers over there in Iraq think this war was a pile of shit. Also I said I'm going to confirm his claim that he is who he says he is. Thats not a personal attack and I've not given such fear of personal attacks I'm just wanting to confirm his service in the Marine and his 2 tours in Iraq. If its true than I salute him for his service. Ifs it false then I'll look down upon with resentment but the SOCOM.net guys will prolly make it known that hes a poser.

@SFWanabe

Well, I don't appreciate his view being called "stupid", that's all I'm saying smile_o.gif You can disagree with it all you like, but surely you agree that judging it like this is not fair on either the view itself or its adopted promoter, no? smile_o.gif

Also, you alluded that veterans (current and previous ones) all regard the war as a mistake of sorts, yet now you're saying it's "most", not "all". Hence, his views must be supported by "some", perhaps not a majority, but still held by some nonetheless? Therefore, calling this guy's views stupid, you're also calling the other guys' ideas, which happen to be the same, also stupid?! Do you see the link? smile_o.gif

How the heck did "USA Politics" become a debate about the merits of mammary sizes? crazy_o.gifwow_o.gif

Oh we were talking about how american chicks always want to get they're boobs done and it just went into.......i dont know,lol. biggrin_o.gif

How the heck did "USA Politics" become a debate about the merits of mammary sizes? crazy_o.gifwow_o.gif

Oh we were talking about how american chicks always want to get they're boobs done and it just went into.......i dont know,lol. biggrin_o.gif

Don't get on my tits and get on with the discussion instead biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

Yeah, sorry I got carried away in the moment after viewing that post. It's just that when I think of a hottie with a big front, well you can pretty much guess I might start commenting on that instead of politics. But rest assured I won't go off way off topic, unless I post some good pictures for all you guys (or due to content rules of this forums, at the very least some links). smile_o.gif

Yeah, sorry I got carried away in the moment after viewing that post. It's just that when I think of a hottie with a big front, well you can pretty much guess I might start commenting on that instead of politics. But rest assured I won't go off way off topic, unless I post some good pictures for all you guys (or due to content rules of this forums, at the very least some links). smile_o.gif

Pass them by me first for.........ermmmmmm...pre-approval wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Actually, if you'd done your homework, you would know that the only reason john kerry got his medals is because HE HIMSELF put in the paperwork for HIMSELF. the only thing he ever did was chase down a mortally wounded pre-teenaged viet-cong, & shoot him in the back, get back on the boat, etc. most of the people on that boat said at least some of the wounds were self inflicted, ie, misuse of grenades, etc.

Because I don't have the time to go through the entire discussion we went through during the election I'll not even bothered, but it would be appreciated if you do a little research in the thread you have decided to grace.

And let me get this straight. Kerry is a coward, as you want to paint him, because he shot a VC that was firing on his boat? Kerry is a coward for going to Vietnam and face actual enemy fire, while Bush was getting his teeth done in Alabama from a commission his daddy bought him?

I think you are the one that needs to do their homework...either that or change your standard for comparitive analysis.

Quote[/b] ]but just because bush is a freakin' idiot doesn't mean kerry is any better.

No I think Kerry is "better" in the relative sense of the word. Think of it as the Great Satan, Lesser Satan type deal.

Quote[/b] ] he is not the honorable vietnam vet many would think. saying things like that make people like my father cringe, who served tours in vietnam as a US marine 2nd lieutenant to captain in 1968-70.

My Dad served in Da Nang...so whats your point?

Quote[/b] ]george bush may be a dumbass, but at least he's honest. he doesn't play with your mind, & just tell you what you want to hear to get elected, (ie, john kerry)

Thats the biggest load of horseshit ever.

Honest? Why again are we in Iraq? Maybe you need to do your homework and look up some of the analysies of Bush's pre-Iraq War speeches. Count how many time he mentions 9/11 or Bin Laden in the same breath with Hussein and Iraq, yet never actually tieing them together. The result, the majority of people who supported the Iraq war did so under the basis that he had something to do with 9/11. War On Terror? Newsflash. There weren't any terrorists in Iraq before we went in!

Maybe you should look up how actively Bush courted religous voters, in order to win.

Quote[/b] ]he knows he's screwed up, but he's prepared to face it, & see it through, so the soldiers that have died, won't have died in vain.

Hate to tell you this but they did. They died for no reason other than corporate greed. Oil companies not profitting from high gas prices? Exxon just posted the largest profit...EVER. As in for any company in the world, at any time.

Quote[/b] ]bush never smeared john kerry. john kerry smeared himself by not being honest to the american people.

Yeah. The Swifties just materialized out of thin air headed by a man that has been on the Republican payrolls for years. Maybe you should do your homework and see what his campaign did to McCain, unless of course you think McCain is just a coward too.

Somehow I doubt you will bother actually doing your homework though...

Oh yes.

This update from the Texas Legislature:

Republican Senators, and Republican House members managed to bicker, and bitch at each other long enough that school finance and property tax relief has officially died.

It goes to the "activist judges" of the courts to decide or force Chief Big Hair to call a special (see my previous post).

Quote[/b] ]Actually, if you'd done your homework, you would know that the only reason john kerry got his medals is because HE HIMSELF put in the paperwork for HIMSELF. the only thing he ever did was chase down a mortally wounded pre-teenaged viet-cong, & shoot him in the back, get back on the boat, etc. most of the people on that boat said at least some of the wounds were self inflicted, ie, misuse of grenades, etc.

Because I don't have the time to go through the entire discussion we went through during the election I'll not even bothered, but it would be appreciated if you do a little research in the thread you have decided to grace.

And let me get this straight. Kerry is a coward, as you want to paint him, because he shot a VC that was firing on his boat? Kerry is a coward for going to Vietnam and face actual enemy fire, while Bush was getting his teeth done in Alabama from a commission his daddy bought him?

I think you are the one that needs to do their homework...either that or change your standard for comparitive analysis.

Quote[/b] ]but just because bush is a freakin' idiot doesn't mean kerry is any better.

No I think Kerry is "better" in the relative sense of the word. Think of it as the Great Satan, Lesser Satan type deal.

Quote[/b] ] he is not the honorable vietnam vet many would think. saying things like that make people like my father cringe, who served tours in vietnam as a US marine 2nd lieutenant to captain in 1968-70.

My Dad served in Da Nang...so whats your point?

Quote[/b] ]george bush may be a dumbass, but at least he's honest. he doesn't play with your mind, & just tell you what you want to hear to get elected, (ie, john kerry)

Thats the biggest load of horseshit ever.

Honest? Why again are we in Iraq? Maybe you need to do your homework and look up some of the analysies of Bush's pre-Iraq War speeches. Count how many time he mentions 9/11 or Bin Laden in the same breath with Hussein and Iraq, yet never actually tieing them together. The result, the majority of people who supported the Iraq war did so under the basis that he had something to do with 9/11. War On Terror? Newsflash. There weren't any terrorists in Iraq before we went in!

Maybe you should look up how actively Bush courted religous voters, in order to win.

Quote[/b] ]he knows he's screwed up, but he's prepared to face it, & see it through, so the soldiers that have died, won't have died in vain.

Hate to tell you this but they did. They died for no reason other than corporate greed. Oil companies not profitting from high gas prices? Exxon just posted the largest profit...EVER. As in for any company in the world, at any time.

Quote[/b] ]bush never smeared john kerry. john kerry smeared himself by not being honest to the american people.

Yeah. The Swifties just materialized out of thin air headed by a man that has been on the Republican payrolls for years. Maybe you should do your homework and see what his campaign did to McCain, unless of course you think McCain is just a coward too.

Somehow I doubt you will bother actually doing your homework though...

Damn Akira....you sure know how to lay it down. Drinks on me dude!!! wink_o.gif

So at 19 I don't have to worry about that shit, huh?

Gaw, Sergeant Carter, surprise, surprise, surprise.

As far as Bush's staff goes, if you make any bru-hah-hah about Kerry, you had better take notice of the volume of vets on Bush's staff. For example, Gen. (Ret.) Tommy Franks, or Colin Powell (Ret.). Both served with more valor and distinction in combat then Mr. Kerry (whom I respect for his part in the conflict) and went on to become American Leaders.

I thought that deserved addressing. 19, geez.

As far as reserching stem cells, it is within policy to research them for their curing ability, but NOT for cloning. Right now, the President has okayed the use of nonliving stem cells, which makes sense.

But, again, I have been outclassed, outdone, and utterly conflunded with your ability to quote, mudsling, and tarnish any part of America you could. But let's leave out any positive thoughts.

-The Big Ugly, Stupid American

or Colin Powell (Ret.).

Funny that Powell complained in a book released before 2000 about privileged ANG flyboys during the vietnam war. Wonder who might fall into that category. unclesam.gif

Both of those people mentioned have gone, what is left? The 32st fighting neoconservatives?

Funny that most^H^H^H^Hall of the more hawkish warmongers have barely even touched a rifle (Rumsfeld, Cheney, Wolfowitz, just about any conservative pundit, Bolton, Perle and many many more)

Quote[/b] ]but NOT for cloning.
I agree 100% about not using stems cells for cloning.

the problem with TBA is that they are ready to stop further reasearch even before the cloning is possible or not.

anyways, to all the conspiracy theorists and clue seekers, one mystery is solved.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/05/31/deep.throat/index.html

Quote[/b] ](CNN) -- The legendary source "Deep Throat" in the Watergate scandal that brought down a president was identified Tuesday by Vanity Fair magazine and The Washington Post as W. Mark Felt.

Felt, now 91, was the No. 2 official at the FBI in the early 1970s. The information he provided Washington Post reporters Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein helped them break many of the stories that led to the resignation of President Nixon in August 1974.

The revelation ended more than three decades of speculation about Woodward and Bernstein's famous confidential source in reporting on the cover-up by the Nixon White House following the bungled break-in of National Democratic Committee headquarters at the Watergate office-hotel complex in June 1972.

Woodward, Bernstein and Benjamin C. Bradlee, who was the Post's executive editor at the time, confirmed that Felt was Deep Throat in an article Tuesday on the paper's Web site.

"W. Mark Felt was 'Deep Throat' and helped us immeasurably in our Watergate coverage," according to a statement issued by Woodward and Bernstein.

"However, as the record shows, many other sources and officials assisted us and other reporters for the hundreds of stories that were written in The Washington Post about Watergate."

Woodward and Bernstein had declared they would not reveal their source's identity until he died.

But an article in Vanity Fair posted Tuesday on the magazine's Web site did it for them.

According to the story, Felt told California attorney John D. O'Connor, a family friend who wrote the article: "I'm the guy they called Deep Throat."

At the time of the Post stories, only Woodward, Bernstein and Bradlee knew Deep Throat's identity.

Bradlee told the Post that he knew the paper was "on the right track" by using Felt.

"The No. 2 guy at the FBI, that was a pretty good source," Bradlee said. The "quality of the source" and the soundness of his guidance made him sure of that, he said.

On Tuesday, Felt appeared at the door of the Santa Rosa, California, home where he lives with his daughter, Joan Felt, and smiled. "Thanks for coming," he told reporters.

"He's grinning from ear to ear," Joan Felt said. "I think it's a great moment in American history; it's a great moment for our family."

She disputed reports that her father was in poor health, saying she expects him to live to 100.

I´m somehow dissapointed that one of the major myths in american history has now been uncovered.

Damnit ! biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]anyways, to all the conspiracy theorists and clue seekers, one mystery is solved.

Felt is an interesting character to say the least. I wonder if he would not had spilled the beans if he got to become Hoover's replacement. It seems like he was a disgruntle employee because he got passed over to become the FBI director, and wanted payback for this. Anyway, you know Nixon is kicking himself in the grave.

Edit: My Wiskey Tango Foxtrot (I'm an poser) is going on at the border time....

Quote[/b] ]

Iranian smuggling ring busted near Mex border

Feds believe man brought 60 from terrorist state into U.S.

Posted: June 1, 2005

1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

A smuggling ring specializing in bringing Iranians into the U.S. over the Mexico border has been broken up in an FBI sting operation.

A 39-year-old Iranian with permanent legal residency status who is suspected of having smuggled 60 other Iranians into the U.S. was arrested Thursday in Mesa, Ariz., according to the U.S. Attorney's Office.

At his arraignment yesterday, Zeayadali Malhamdary, who owns a tailoring business, pleaded not guilty. He faces a detention hearing tomorrow.

Iran has long been designated a terrorist state by the U.S. State Department and FBI.

The FBI began investigating Malhamdary after a source told immigration officials that Malhamdary had sought help getting false Mexican visas so he could bring Iranians into Mexico and then across the border into Arizona.

The source also told investigators that Malhamdary had asked for help bringing his sister into the United States. According to the probable cause statement by FBI Agent Aaron Kellerman, the source didn't help him, but the sister did arrive in Arizona.

Federal prosecutors say Malhamdary had previously smuggled about 60 Iranians into the United States.

Malhamdary flew to Tehran, Iran, in March, allegedly to get the passports of the Iranians he planned to smuggle into the United States through Mexico, Kellerman said in the statement.

In late March, the undercover agent was given three passports.

Malhamdary allegedly told the undercover agent in May that he had eight more people who wanted to be smuggled into the United States.

The undercover agent on Thursday met with Malhamdary and agreed to pick up three Iranians in Mexico City and then to bring them to Nogales, Mexico, and arrange to have them smuggled across the border, Kellerman said in his statement.

When he was arrested, Malhamdary allegedly told investigators that he wanted to bring Iranians into the United States so they could seek refugee status. No one answered the phone at his tailoring business yesterday afternoon.

If convicted of the three attempted smuggling charges, Malhamdary could face up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine on each of the counts.

FBI officials said they had no reason to believe there were any terrorist connections to the case.

Quote[/b] ]anyways, to all the conspiracy theorists and clue seekers, one mystery is solved.

Felt is an interesting character to say the least. I wonder if he would not had spilled the beans if he got to become Hoover's replacement. It seems like he was a disgruntle employee because he got passed over to become the FBI director, and wanted payback for this. Anyway, you know Nixon is kicking himself in the grave.

how about joining me and the rest in condemning Nixon's abuse of power instead of trying to smear Felt?

Quote[/b] ]

Quote[/b] ]

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

A smuggling ring specializing in bringing Iranians into the U.S. over the Mexico border has been broken up in an FBI sting operation.

A 39-year-old Iranian with permanent legal residency status who is suspected of having smuggled 60 other Iranians into the U.S. was arrested Thursday in Mesa, Ariz., according to the U.S. Attorney's Office.

At his arraignment yesterday, Zeayadali Malhamdary, who owns a tailoring business, pleaded not guilty. He faces a detention hearing tomorrow.

Iran has long been designated a terrorist state by the U.S. State Department and FBI.

The FBI began investigating Malhamdary after a source told immigration officials that Malhamdary had sought help getting false Mexican visas so he could bring Iranians into Mexico and then across the border into Arizona.

The source also told investigators that Malhamdary had asked for help bringing his sister into the United States. According to the probable cause statement by FBI Agent Aaron Kellerman, the source didn't help him, but the sister did arrive in Arizona.

Federal prosecutors say Malhamdary had previously smuggled about 60 Iranians into the United States.

Malhamdary flew to Tehran, Iran, in March, allegedly to get the passports of the Iranians he planned to smuggle into the United States through Mexico, Kellerman said in the statement.

Malhamdary allegedly told the undercover agent in May that he had eight more people who wanted to be smuggled into the United States.

The undercover agent on Thursday met with Malhamdary and agreed to pick up three Iranians in Mexico City and then to bring them to Nogales, Mexico, and arrange to have them smuggled across the border, Kellerman said in his statement.

When he was arrested, Malhamdary allegedly told investigators that he wanted to bring Iranians into the United States so they could seek refugee status. No one answered the phone at his tailoring business yesterday afternoon.

If convicted of the three attempted smuggling charges, Malhamdary could face up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine on each of the counts.

FBI officials said they had no reason to believe there were any terrorist connections to the case.

Wow Minuteman made a great catch! NOT!

how about joining me and the rest in condemning Nixon's abuse of power instead of trying to smear Felt?

Amen!

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]

Quote[/b] ]

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Wow Minuteman made a great catch! NOT!

This is no less pointless than Billybob's swipe at Felt. rock.gif

While I find it good that he did stear the reporters in the right direction and eventually to Nixon I have to say his reasons for doing so were a lot less noble. Nixon was bad, Felt isn't a knight in shining armor exactly either. He didn't help the reporters because he felt what Nixon did was wrong, he helped them because he got passed over for a promotion. Would he have done the same if he did get the position as head of the FBI when hoover died? I don't know.

He didn't help the reporters because he felt what Nixon did was wrong, he helped  them because he got passed over for a promotion.

Can you substantiate that? rock.gif