Interesting poll I saw last night:

Do you Approve of Bush's Performance?

46% Yes

48% No

What issues are most important to you?

19% Iraq

19% Jobs/Economy

7% Terrorism

Do you feel the President shares your priorities?

19% Yes

61% No

That's debatable. The Democratic party has utterly failed to question the possibility of tampering with the electronic voting systems in key states by the manufacturers of the voting machines.

This in my opinion is THE BIGGEST threat to democracy in the United States as there is absolutely no way currently to verify the votes were valid as most states don't require paper printout of the vote that are verified by the voter and handled like a paper ballot.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

And they still voted for him crazy_o.gif

he lost the popular vote, and only was only barely re-elected. the bulk of his campaign consisted of half truths, flat out lies and the use of smear campaigns which he more than happily used destroy a genuine real war vet and POW, John McCain in 2000. they went as far to say such things like McCain's adopted Bangladeshi daughter was his own illegitimate black child, that he was emotionally unstable due to his torture in Vietnam, and even drew criticism at McCains wife who had a problem w/ Pain killers, guess George needed a way to draw attention away from his own drug and alcohol addictions and his criminal record.

And they still voted for him crazy_o.gif

The only true reason why he was reelected was because the bulk of america's youth didnt go out and vote.

Man behind "Freedom Fries" now says they left a bad aftertaste - wishes he had ordered "Peace Pretzels" instead

Quote[/b] ]French Fries Protester Regrets War Jibe Jamie Wilson in Washington May 24, 2005

It was a culinary rebuke that echoed around the world, heightening the sense of tension between Washington and Paris in the run-up to the invasion of Iraq. But now the US politician who led the campaign to change the name of french fries to "freedom fries" has turned against the war.

Walter Jones, the Republican congressman for North Carolina who was also the brains behind french toast becoming freedom toast in Capitol Hill restaurants, told a local newspaper the US went to war "with no justification".

Mr Jones, who in March 2003 circulated a letter demanding that the three cafeterias in the House of Representatives’ office buildings ban the word french from menus, said it was meant as a "light-hearted gesture".

But the name change, still in force, made headlines around the world, both for what it said about US-French relations and its pettiness.

Now Mr Jones appears to agree. Asked by a reporter for the North Carolina News and Observer about the name-change campaign - an idea Mr Jones said at the time came to him by a combination of God’s hand and a constituent’s request - he replied: "I wish it had never happened."

Although he voted for the war, he has since become one of its most vociferous opponents on Capitol Hill, where the hallway outside his office is lined with photographs of the "faces of the fallen".

"If we were given misinformation intentionally by people in this administration, to commit the authority to send boys, and in some instances girls, to go into Iraq, that is wrong," he told the newspaper. "Congress must be told the truth."

Oh, God, I know I'm going to regret this but:

Where did that Poll come from?

America's youth voting has nothing to do w/ it. It's getting a multicultural vote that matters. Hell, I'm 19 and I voted. As far as stem cells go, see the movie "Gattica". I'ts a scary thought, living in a "perfected" society. If the cells were used to cure things, say AIDS and Cancer, great. But, If it's used (eventually) to change eye color, athletic ability, etc., we are opening a can 'o worms that could be very dangerous.

I am pro-life, but that doesn't mean that I necessarily "toe the line" on the issue, I think there are concessions to be made in the debate, so that everyone (or at least more folks) can be happy. No matter how you slice it, however, will everyone be happy, and there will always be something to bitch about. I can gaurantee that had Kerry been elected, we'd be having the same arguments. But, I'm happy with Bush. He is a smart, thoughtful induvidual who did serve in the military, who has an impressive and capable staff (excluding Rumsfeld and Cheny-those guys rub me the wrong way, especially from a soldiers point of view). I believe that although I myself am more conservative, religious, etc. (Generally the type most here love to hate) I can be convinced of differing opinions and can fight for them.

Either way, I'm glad that in my nation, I defend the right of every induvidual to say what he/she wants to say, whether I agree with it or not. Feels like freedom.

To remark on all the Bush bashing, the quality of life in my state has gone up dramatically, and those who I speak with (folks my age) are generally not worried about a draft, not worried about another terror attack, and all have food on the table, a roof over their heads, and clothes on their back. I can't say the same for (some, not all) nations in Europe (a few of which have been denied member status in the EU), nations in Central America (a few of which have completely hosed their own economies over), and certain Asian nations.

I'll don my kevlar and flak jacket for the incoming barbs, but please consider this a commentary, and not an insult.

-Breaker Out

Quote[/b] ] He is a smart, thoughtful induvidual who did serve in the military, who has an impressive and capable staff

biggrin_o.gif

Welcome to the thread!

Oh, God, I know I'm going to regret this but:

Where did that Poll come from?

America's youth voting has nothing to do w/ it. It's getting a multicultural vote that matters. Hell, I'm 19 and I voted. As far as stem cells go, see the movie "Gattica". I'ts a scary thought, living in a "perfected" society. If the cells were used to cure things, say AIDS and Cancer, great. But, If it's used (eventually) to change eye color, athletic ability, etc., we are opening a can 'o worms that could be very dangerous.

Guess what, you already live in a society where people go through great amounts of surgery to improve their looks, like anything would change if it was done with a less fucked up method.

Quote[/b] ]

But, I'm happy with Bush. He is a smart, thoughtful induvidual who did serve in the military, who has an impressive and capable staff

*head explodes*

Quote[/b] ]Where did that Poll come from?

If you are refering to mine I think it was an AP or Reuters poll.

Quote[/b] ]America's youth voting has nothing to do w/ it. It's getting a multicultural vote that matters.

If the young voted they would be almost as powerful as the seniors, however due to their natural apathy, they don't vote. This election showed that if they had, it would have mattered.

Quote[/b] ]As far as stem cells go, see the movie "Gattica". I'ts a scary thought, living in a "perfected" society. If the cells were used to cure things, say AIDS and Cancer, great.

I guess we won't know if it cures anything, since Bush is going to veto the bill outright, despite a sizable outcry from the public that many want stem cell research.

Quote[/b] ]But, I'm happy with Bush. He is a smart, thoughtful induvidual who did serve in the military, who has an impressive and capable staff (excluding Rumsfeld and Cheny-those guys rub me the wrong way, especially from a soldiers point of view). I believe that although I myself am more conservative, religious, etc. (Generally the type most here love to hate) I can be convinced of differing opinions and can fight for them.

You would be happy with Bush, since you probably fit into the 19% that believe Bush shares their prioritites. However, if the poll is to be believed (and I think basically it can) a majority of Americans feel the president doesn't share their priorities. Most likely that is the people that aren't strictly conservative (middle of the road) and probably not religious (or not strongly so).

Course I've also read that the Christian right, who played a large part in getting Bush elected, have started to get unhappy. Due to Bush's courting of the religious right, and their aide in the election, many feel that Bush owes that group something now, and many want payback now (ie legislation, prayer in school, etc). Some are unhappy that Bush seems to not be moving very fast on a religious issues. So its possible that parts of the religious right fit in that 61%.

Now, to address that meat of your statement.

Kerry served in the military, in the frontline, and won medals. Bush served in Alabama and had his teeth fixed. I have a friend that was in the Air Force and was in Kentucky running radar sites for bomber training missions during the Gulf War. He didn't come anywhere near the Middle East. He thinks its absolutely hilarious (and ridiculous) that he is consdered a Gulf War Vet.

Basically Bush did a fine job of slandering and smearing the name of a Vietnam Vet, something he did previously, and equally malaciously in 2000.

Quote[/b] ]o remark on all the Bush bashing, the quality of life in my state has gone up dramatically, and those who I speak with (folks my age) are generally not worried about a draft, not worried about another terror attack, and all have food on the table, a roof over their heads, and clothes on their back.

Exactly what are you basing this on? Folks your age (19), don't generally have to worry about the items you listed. No one is seriosuly worried about a Draft as that would lead to almost certainly lead to Bushs ouster. The people that have families to support and the millions that have lost jobs under Bush do have reason to worry. There is a difference between living and existing. Give it a few more years when your priorites and needs change.

Quote[/b] ]But, I'm happy with Bush. He is a smart, thoughtful induvidual who did serve in the military, who has an impressive and capable staff (excluding Rumsfeld and Cheny-those guys rub me the wrong way, especially from a soldiers point of view). I believe that although I myself am more conservative, religious, etc. (Generally the type most here love to hate) I can be convinced of differing opinions and can fight for them.
Bush is not smart. Infact hes the worst US president since Jimmy Carter. His staff are the worst bunch of people in the USA. Also if your letting religion make your choice about poltics then you need serious help.

Quote[/b] ]Guess what, you already live in a society where people go through great amounts of surgery to improve their looks, like anything would change if it was done with a less fucked up method.

Correct, except that it doesn't improve athletic ability unless you pump yourself ful of drugs, hough that doesn't last long either. Everyone would eventually look the same, as things such as blonde hair is the fashion item. So tey'll change there genes to have blonde hair. And if it's using the bone marrow cells, then it will be passed onto offspirng. Large tits don't get passed on if they are plastic.

Saying "No" to stem cell research because you are afraid of a "Gattica" style future or thinking everyone suddenly going to start demanding gene therapy so they can get those extra inches on their wanker is pretty ridiculous.

First off, thats not even what anyone is talking about or even suggesting. Second it assumes everyone wants to have blond hair and big tits, which is a little ridiculous. And what the hell is wrong with everyone having big tits anyway??

Saying "No" to stem cell research because you are afraid of a "Gattica" style future or thinking everyone suddenly going to start demanding gene therapy so they can get those extra inches on their wanker is pretty ridiculous.

First off, thats not even what anyone is talking about or even suggesting. Second it assumes everyone wants to have blond hair and big tits, which is a little ridiculous. And what the hell is wrong with everyone having big tits anyway??

I wish I could have gene therapy so I can have foot-long. biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Guess what, you already live in a society where people go through great amounts of surgery to improve their looks, like anything would change if it was done with a less fucked up method.

Correct, except that it doesn't improve athletic ability unless you pump yourself ful of drugs, hough that doesn't last long either. Everyone would eventually look the same, as things such as blonde hair is the fashion item. So tey'll change there genes to have blonde hair. And if it's using the bone marrow cells, then it will be passed onto offspirng. Large tits don't get passed on if they are plastic.

You do know how stem cells work right? rock.gif

Well....according to Bush...something about baby killing....

Well....according to Bush...something about baby killing....

But is the baby even there at that stage?

My knowledge over this issue is limited i.e how are stem cells made? I've read quite a few articles that come in TIMEs and all heck they even had one in this weeks issue about some S Korean lab making some cells but no where did it describe how they are extracted/made?

And what the hell is wrong with everyone having big tits anyway??

exactly. i'm not afraid to admit that i have bigger boobs than some females.

as far as i know stem cell allows the growth of entities that compose your body and its parts. the worry(or misunderstanding) that opposition have is that it will lead to cloning, thus a human playing a god-like role.

And what the hell is wrong with everyone having big tits anyway??

exactly. i'm not afraid to admit that i have bigger boobs than some females.

You need help tounge_o.gif .

Some of us don't like lasrge tits mate, medium is best, then smallish but not flat-chested. biggrin_o.gif

I just don't understand you Brits. Brits seem to think along the lines of "as much as I need" while the Americans think "If D is good, FFF must be better!"

I just don't understand you Brits. Brits seem to think along the lines of "as much as I need" while the Americans think "If D is good, FFF must be better!"

No need to waste volume of your house with masive tits getting in the way. That reminds me, can you take Jordan and keep her over there, cus we hate her lol

D cup is all I can handle. biggrin_o.gif

C is my prefered 'spec'.

C is my prefered 'spec'.

My ideal is around there aswell mate.