Sign in to follow this  
DEATHBULLET

SixPack

But, wait until you discover beer......all that hard work, down the drain.........or is that bucket.......or head stuck down a toilet bowl...... wink_o.gif

Well, beer is way better than all those Bacardi Breezers, energy drinks (Red Bull) and stuff like that, it contains a lot of sugar. And Breezers contain a lot of chemicals so you get one big boost of alcohol and have a need for more, and this will lead of course to more sugar crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]btw wheres my boyfriend!!!

Also still waiting? tounge_o.gif

lol dont know why no-one has mentioned that before:D

hmm

try kissing biggrin_o.gif

u loose lots of unecessary calories that way

(dont remember how much exactly it was)

another thing is S-E-X

yes...

also a fat burner :P

lol

but dont start saying to ur gf

"lets do it! wanna loose weight! and u could too!"

crazy_o.gif

btw wheres my boyfriend!!!

hmm, actually with sex you burn more calories than with working-out/cardio-training. It's a great way to los fat, but it does require two...

I believe it was a british research that actually researched this and measured to burned calories biggrin_o.gif

Me = 132 pounds

Age = 14

No abs on when I lay on the floor and pull up. So your not the only one.

Edited-

Try laughing I know I laugh everyday and it hurts my stomache. Must be burning calories. biggrin_o.gif

I do have the pack its just not fully visble of a 6pack it only shows 4 and theres definitely little fat covering them and right now am just going to try to do lots of cardio. smile_o.gif

Best advice for whatever purpose you might have when training is to buy a "pulse watch" like Polar etc (  Polar  )

With a watch like that you control your pulse and it enables you to follow a training regime suited for your specific needs. It's really effective! I used it when I trained mountainbiking - but it's suited to all activities whether it be jogging, walking, boxing etc.

However, the best activity if you want to reduce underskinn fat is to walk quickly - and keep your pulse within a certian and relatively low pulse zone!

If you want to improve your aerobic abilities you should train in a higher pulse zone with jogging/running at a higher pace etc. Mind you, the moment you exceed or fall below your "pulse zones" the whole point of training will be lost!

However, the best activity if you want to reduce underskinn fat is to walk quickly - and keep your pulse within a certian and relatively low pulse zone!

I don't mean to nitpick, but is there any other kind of fat? Overskin fat? I think that would be especially easy weight to lose. biggrin_o.gif

Anyway, how do you find what pulse zone you're supposed to be working in? I looked up my max to be about 185 for my age/weight range, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean I should redline my heart at 185 for 3 miles. What's a good range to use?

Quote[/b] ]I don't mean to nitpick, but is there any other kind of fat?  Overskin fat?  I think that would be especially easy weight to lose.  biggrin_o.gif

Hehe.... well, there's only underskin fat.....

Point is that "underskin fat" is something we all have wether you are skinny or fat. It's supposed to be there for a reason (insulates and protects) but can be reduced for cosmetic reasons if you want to. This very thin layer of fat are relatively evenly distributed all over your body and is not something directly related to what you gain in weight around the waist or ass when eating the forbidden stuff  smile_o.gif

Getting rid of it may sound like a good idea for people that are too concerned about their looks but it is possibly dangerous. As a former amateur boxer I know this first hand because you wan't to fit in an ideal weight category/class that suits your boxing abilities.

Work out too hard can cause serious dehydration and is something even bodybuilders only do in short periods. The sixpack is a goal best reached when you willingly dehydrate your body for a short period - and is the period when you loose most underskin fat. And of course, specificly training your stomack muscles helps too biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Anyway, how do you find what pulse zone you're supposed to be working in?  I looked up my max to be about 185 for my age/weight range, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean I should redline my heart at 185 for 3 miles.  What's a good range to use?

There are several ways of determing the different ideal pulse zones. The ones on the web is not particularly suited unless you know you fit the average description of age, weight and fitness level.

Best way to find out is to go to a physicist and measure weight, blod preasure, your lung capacity (oxygen intake) during max exercise.

It's a very individual thing!

Oh, almost forgot - to max your pulse out while training is not something you want to do very often. It only helps your body's anaerobic ability - but it's not advicable to do so more than a couple of times. And it requires a very very long resting period without ANY hard training at all - unless you want to ruin it all.

When training mountainbiking I actually rarely went into the woods except when I wanted to "jump and play" . Singletracks means too high pulse level to train effectively. Most of the time I trained on country roads for 3 to 5 hours sessions (about 40 - 60 km) within 110 - 130 pulse beats a minute. If I trained sprints I only maxed out 3 times uphill for a short time and then calmed down the rest of the time.

How you get a six pack = crunches ( I had them)

How you lose them = get married (and drink beer)

I vouch for this.

Best advice for whatever purpose you might have when training is to buy a "pulse watch" like Polar etc

Yes, that is what I use when running. However it must be one with a belt around your chest, those are the only ones being precise, the rest is just bullshit.

You identify the range of your pulse that is best for burning fat and the watch on your hand informs you if you need to accelerate or slow down a bit.

If you are realy into burning fat then you should run a little, then rest a little, and run again ... and so on. The pulse-watch can help you with that.

Anybody got any advice for me?  I'm trying to get my run times down and my pushup scores up.  I've been running a mile every other day and doing pushups when I'm not running.  I don't eat unhealthy (I wouldn't say I eat healthy though, biggrin_o.gif) and I'm trying to get my scores good for the military.

Your gonna have to run more than a mile. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Your gonna have to run more than a mile.

Yeah exactly. If you want better endurance, run much longer, try to vary the speed to simulate hills (in order to improve lactic acid). Either that or those 1 mile laps, really fast and repeatedly.

What, however is good is that you're running every other day, and doing it consequently.

smile_o.gif

to simulate hills

Or you run in the forest where there actually are hills and a much nicer environment wink_o.gif "Simulate," you must be harmed by OFP ghostface.gif

No, I’m just surrounded by a relatively flat landscape. (And no it's not Denmark =) Running in a forest can be very fun and very good, but it doesn’t necessarily give the proper lactic acid (Not sure if that’s the proper name) training, that running up and down hills, or continuously changing pace would give.

Mjölksyra and Intervallträning are the two words I'm talking about

smile_o.gif

Awwww I was expecting to see your cartoon face sad_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

There aren't any hills anywhere near I live so I'll have to do the speed thing.

And I'll start doing 3 miles instead of just 1. I was really just doing 1 until I got back in shape to go longer. Pushups I'm working on just like running, just doing them a lot. Situps have never been a problem for me, I could do situps all day without turning red. Don't know how, I never made a point to do lots of situps when I was young.

So if I keep this up I should be squared away. smile_o.gif Thanks for the advice guys.

Awwww I was expecting to see your cartoon face  sad_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Your wish is my command (and 1 extra post  tounge_o.gif )

picture.jpg

There aren't any hills anywhere near I live so I'll have to do the speed thing.

And I'll start doing 3 miles instead of just 1.  I was really just doing 1 until I got back in shape to go longer.  Pushups I'm working on just like running, just doing them a lot.  Situps have never been a problem for me, I could do situps all day without turning red.  Don't know how, I never made a point to do lots of situps when I was young.

So if I keep this up I should be squared away. smile_o.gif  Thanks for the advice guys.

Yes. It is very wise to take it easy and gradually increase the training.

But rather then taking a very short distance of 1 mile it would be better to do 3 as you suggest, and run those 3 more slowly, in a pace where you pretty much can talk normally whilst running.

It depends on what shape you're in right now, and how much time you've got before the army thing. But most people consider running 45 minutes without stopping (in whatever speed that suits you) a major “first goal†in their training.

The progress that one makes during the first weeks and months is amazing, and it can be really inspirational to see those distances lengthening and those times shortening.

I could write tons of stuff, cos' I was like extremely lazy and unfit, and started running and just in a matter of months I became one of the best ones in my class. And from feeling that running was a pain in the ass, I actually started enjoying it. Keep up the good work, and good luck. smile_o.gif

I'm actually already starting to enjoy it. I just need to find a more scenic route than the mall parking lot. Something about running past IHOP and Chilli's early in the morning just doesn't motivate me.

I'm actually already starting to enjoy it.

I sprint 400m with a backpack full of books pretty much every weekday in order to catch the right train into the city.

Not that I enjoy it, but it is very rewarding. It keeps me fit; I get to sleep in longer, and making the platform just as the train arrives is always an incentive. tounge_o.gif

Sure I could wake up and leave the house earlier, but where's the fun in walking?

I'm actually already starting to enjoy it.

I sprint 400m with a backpack full of books pretty much every weekday in order to catch the right train into the city.

Not that I enjoy it, but it is very rewarding. It keeps me fit; I get to sleep in longer, and making the platform just as the train arrives is always an incentive. tounge_o.gif

Sure I could wake up and leave the house earlier, but where's the fun in walking?

You should see me in the morning, i fucking hate hurrying up when i'm tired. The problem is, no matter how late i wake up, i'm always pretty tired.

So what do i do, i wake up one hour and a half before i need to be at my busstop. It takes me 3 minutes to walk to my busstop. This means that i have 87 minutes left to wash myself, to eat a bit and to take something to eat for school...

This means that no matter how slow i go, i NEVER miss my bus biggrin_o.gif

Aaaaaaah gotta love the "darklight way" of planning your day...

Be introspective.

Don't ask people how many pushups you should do/how far you should run/how to get in shape. If you judge yourself against others you will quit before you start.

Just pick a goal, get motivated, and go after it. Then when you are really tired and think you can't do any more, do another 10%. You will feel great afterwards.

Edit: Do your stretches.

do a lot of cardiovascular exercises as already pointed out, dont hurry about it, as you only start burning fat after the first 20 minutes, before that your only burning nutrients off the bloodstream.

At your age, unless your obese\overweight noone should diet, you will need all the food you can chew to get energy to develop and chase girls biggrin_o.gif

Edit: Do your stretches.

That's one thing I have been doing right. I always stretch before and after running, makes things so much easier. Also doing stretches and maybe 5 warmup-pushups will help out my pushup score too.