Sign in to follow this  
BoweryBaker

men of valor

I've heard good things about this, i hear it has more Urban fighting than other Nam games too. Also, think it's this game, which is made by the same people as MoH:AA, if it is, then it's this game that has a capture the hill mission to rival the MoH Omah Beach mission. Sounds, and looks, great. What the MP is like is what will decide for me if it's worth buying however.

Screen looks very good, but as with every other game in the past, let's wait for a playable demo to see what "perfect-graphics-crap-game" it really is.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

Playable MP demo is available at...

http://www.menofvalorgame.com

Tested it a couple of hours today and had some nice urban fighting so it may be a fun "gung-ho" FPS game but it's not an OFP contender. Really small maps it seems...

However, I really liked the lean function and hope to see something similair in OFP 2.

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

I cant believe there wasnt already a thread for this game. EDIT: He just beat me to mention the demo that just came out yesterday. I played it for a few hours today. The graphics are exactly the high quality you would expect, and the gameplay and level limitations seem like they will follow the same basic formula as games like call of duty. It will be a great game, but I doubt it will be highly replayable or modified.

demo download link

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=5546

It's only a matter of time before the textures are extracted and brought to our beloved flashpoint.  wink_o.gif

Thx for heads up!

I will try the demo tomorrow.

Now I'm going to hunt some deers in the Deer Hunt 2005 demo.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

BoweryBaker watch your filesizes please smile_o.gif

i'll play it,

just like most nam games, and hopefully it doesnt suck like most...

it actually looks far better than any other nam games coming out recently in my opinion.

Anyone else having poor sound in the MP demo?

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

I do have ambient sound that sounds fine but gun fire sounds awfull pitty and often clips/cuts off in MP...

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Graphics are amazing!

And that's it.

Small levels, no iron sights, crappy sounds(weapon), no bots in mp.... etc.

And why no jump function? I don't want bunny jumping nam soldiers, but I want to get over that thousands of obstacles in those beautiful maps.

Maybe the full version has more then just hardware eating graphics, let's see.

MfG Lee rock.gif

lol. I wish the guys who are making this would hear it. I bet that they kiss so much butt to the kids who test their games that the kids are too scared to tell the truth about the game. They be like "man that game was dope" and thats it. At least its not a finished product, but honestly, i don't see how these game studios make these games and think they're so good. They're jerks for releasing half made games and fake cgi commercials that don't even come close to what you get in the box.

I dont understand how you can be anything but impressed by this game. It takes the simplified, fast-paced gameplay that the market demands, and provides the most stunning vietnam game yet, made by some of the most skilled designers in the industry.

I can understand a lack of ambient sounds in multi-player, thats just a level design decision, it makes it less frustrating when you get shot, having only heard gunshots from players. The gun noises seemed realistic to me, it is usually the arcade style games that feature those more satisfying gunshot sounds you seem to expect.

Anyway I can't wait to get the game, maybe you should watch the IGN videos to get a better idea of what call of duty in vietnam can be like.

Quote[/b] ]

The gun noises seemed realistic to me, it is usually the arcade style games that feature those more satisfying gunshot sounds you seem to expect.

What sound hardware do you have? I can tell you that the sound is porked for me at least. No way a gun sound like that IRL. Of course it could be my setup and thats why I'm asking what your is.

After spending a few more hours with it I must say that I agree with BoweryBaker. MoV shows promise and I enjoy the street fights where you have to think cover all the time, but it's not finished and I hope it will be before release.

Also miss iron sights alot and the small maps (at least in the demo) may become an issue for me...

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

The gun noises seemed realistic to me, it is usually the arcade style games that feature those more satisfying gunshot  sounds you seem to expect.

Go to shootingrange and then tell us if the gunsounds we´re realistic...i can even fart louder.

No ironsights = No interest from me smile_o.gif

No ironsights = No interest from me smile_o.gif

yep

that's why I choose Vietcong, nice Ironsights

also Call of Duty and OFP of course

yeah i miss iron sights alot in this why couldnt they have gone done the call of duty route and atleast given you the option to use them or not sad_o.gif

It wasn't horrible - I liked the environmental details and the models weren't terrible looking. I didn't fancy the gameplay, though, nor the CS kiddies playing on the servers.

Meh, with some new trees and a few new models OFP could do that. However all of OFP's addon makers seem focused on putting as much detail on to one M4 as possible. uB3r m4 r0xx0r!

crazy_o.gif

Just returned the game to blockbuster.

Some thoughts:

1.) Why does not the M-14 have auto. mode?

2.) I loved the embedded reporter part.

3.) Yes, they burned a village down but, unlike other media on this subject, there is a excuse. The village was a VC Village and did not want the village to be reoccupied by them. Some of the guys objected but reason over came. Also, the reporter in his report tried to spin it has something evil. Liked when the Marine Lt. called the cameraman a fatass.

4.) You fight in Da Nang area, Operation Starlite, Operation Cesar Falls, work with the ARVN, Khe Sanh Hills, Tet Offensive (Hue), and the Seige of Khe Sanh.

5.) The gameplay was good. Also, the jungle parts had a lot of immersion.

6.) Team AI was horrible because they always ran in front of you!

7.) Enemy AI was spotty at best because sometimes they miss completely and then hit you directly at the same range or they sit by you and not fire. Also, you have to rush the enemy sometimes because they will supress you. But, majority of the time you have to go slow.

8.) The last mission is very hard because of where they put the last checkpoint.

9.) PT-76 can take multiple hits from a RPG.

10.) Ontos is in-game. (which is rare)

11.) Somehow the enemy can see you when crawling in the bush from the distance.

12.) I liked the facts they give during the loading screen and achieve footage they use to give background info on a new mission.

13.) Like how the enemy uses the bush has camo.

14.) The characters are interesting (i.e. your a college educated black man who volunteered for service) but I do not think they would put brothers in the same squad.

15.) The death notice (your son was killed was killed *insert area* bah bah) to your parents was a interesting idea.

16.) There are no medals.

17.) In the death notice you can see that your character gains rank over time.

18.) There are a lot of surprises (i.e like who dies and what you find).

16.) The pig rocks! It clears out the bush.

Rating: 7.5 out of 10

This game is the best vietnam console game.

Ranking:

1.) Men of Valor

2.) Conflict: Vietnam

3.) Shellshock '67

4.) Vietcong (heard it was a pos on the console)