Sign in to follow this  
BoweryBaker

men of valor

Even worse than Battlefield Vietnam. There is no screenshot without muzzle flash. The weapon textures of CWC were even better, these textures are just f*** up.

I downloaded the MP a time ago, can't believe I wasted my time downloading it. It's just boring, nothing interresting. Played it about 5min.

Vietcong is still the best nam game for me. smile_o.gif

And the gameplay modes? Let me guess: TDM, DM, CTF...how original.

Quote[/b] ]Go to shootingrange and then tell us if the gunsounds we´re realistic...i can even fart louder.

The guns sounds from what I hear in the movies aren't realistic. Then again not even gun sounds in OFP are that realistic to be honest. Nobody has -ever- made a truly real sounding shotgun blast in my opinion. They don't have a lot of bass and they don't sound like a big hollywood explosion. It's a very loud concussive cracking sound.

Furthermore .223/5.56 mm rifles don't sound that loud either outdoors. Fairly similar sounding to a .22LR believe it or not. They're not that loud. It's like the sound of a "pop" with the echo sound or the sound of rushing air of the bullet breaking the sound barrier.

Either way. I saw some of the videos... I wasn't impressed. It looks like it plays like a typical FPS. I saw a part where an explosion happened right at a players feet... wow, he didn't die. He wasn't even stunned or crippled. His screen just went red. Wow. It's just like Quake with different weapon models and atmospheric explosions.

I was particularly unimpressed with the controls as it didn't have that satisfying human movement limitation that OFP has. Looks like it has the potential to be a real circlestrafe bullshit festival.

Quote[/b] ]Even worse than Battlefield Vietnam. There is no screenshot without muzzle flash. The weapon textures of CWC were even better, these textures are just f*** up.

There are muzzle flashes in the full game. They released a crappy demo.

I believe you read that wrong

Quote[/b] ]there is no pic without a muzzle flash (or something like that

basically the creators are jus trying to make their game as 'action filled and exciting' as possible. I was really let down by this game, thought it was gonna be gd... ah well, back to H&D2 and OFP

it's a nice piece of eye candy but too arcadey for me, especially without iron sights.

I believe you read that wrong
Quote[/b] ]there is no pic without a muzzle flash (or something like that

basically the creators are jus trying to make their game as 'action filled and exciting' as possible. I was really let down by this game, thought it was gonna be gd... ah well, back to H&D2 and OFP

If the creators wanted a game with to much action, okay, but they don't have to be suprised when nobody buys this game. There are plenty better Vietnam games available.