Sign in to follow this  
pogingwapo

Somebody please suggest

I would like to ask for everyone's advice. I am looking for other games that have the same "feel" and action like OFP.

Ever since I got hold of OFP I have cancelled buying other games. Now OFP is old and other games are being released but I only want to have a game that gives me the same blood rush just like in OFP.

Problem is, which of them?

that $100 would be much better spent giving it to me than to the VBS1 <s>commies</s> peoples.

that way i can buy stuff on ebay.

$100 is still too much, even if I want to. What if my relatives found out I withrawed cash just to buy a videogame?

Anyway, what about Battlefield 1945? Is it just like OFP? There may be some limitations but have the MODs of this game been able to overcome them?

Anyway, what about Battlefield 1945? Is it just like OFP? There may be some limitations but have the MODs of this game been able to overcome them?

EEP! crazy_o.gif You can't imagine the shitstorm of comments you're about to stir up smile_o.gif

I'd recommend Hidden and Dangerous 2 though, not exactly similar to Flashpoint, but I'm definately enjoying it.

Also, how about some of the mods for Flashpoint, have you tried any of those? The Finnish Defence Force mod is very good.

Also, how about some of the mods for Flashpoint, have you tried any of those? The Finnish Defence Force mod is very good.

Oh yes I did. I enjoyed FDF. Few missions though.

It's just that I feel like I am missing something because I closed the door on other games and concentrated on OFP but now that it's gotten old and OFP 2 is too far away. There may be a great game out there that I am not aware of.

Sometimes you need a rest from OFP and after a few months you fall in love with it again.

Dont try to find a game that is simillar to OFP, I tried FarCry, Doom3, battelfield (whatever), Call of duty and others in the meantime. They are good games for sure, but that does not keep you entertained for long.

Try to jump out of this genre instead.

Go for Panzers

Go for Mafia (old but still awesome graphics)

Or others...

They will clean your head from OFP..

Mafia is cool, but GTASA will totally eclispe it. i never played BF, but i heard BF Vietnam was pretty fun. if your into flying sims and what something a little more origonal than typical dog fights, i reconmend

B17 Flying Fortress: The Mighty 8th

11.jpg

2.jpg

9.jpg

12.jpg

31.jpg

this is a older game so you can probaly find it in the barging bin.

Call of Duty: Too Arcadish

BF1942 and BFV: From the perspective of a military advisor working for some game design teams, these games are the devil.

And something with the devil

Doom3: Nah, good action and bit of a scary campaign though.

Giving BF or Soldner a relatively good review is like insulting my god.

BF1942 and BFV: From the perspective of a military advisor working for some game design teams, these games are the devil.

then u missed the whole point of the game, it was designed to be fun online and offline, and not to be uber realistic, and in the fun field it fullfilled the needs.

go pick up swat 3 elite edition. i know its old but its really fun. the levels are really hard towards the end.

go pick up swat 3 elite edition. i know its old but its really fun. the levels are really hard towards the end.

I love Swat 3. Though I'm not very good with the tactics and I don't always feel that I'm one with the team when I have no idea how to stack up properly in certain situations and so on.

Of course new swat is supposed to come out this year IIRC.. wink_o.gif

The Battlefield series (Demo: http://www.gamershell.com/download_139.shtml), Söldner (Demo: http://www.gamershell.com/download_6626.shtml ) and Joint Operations (Demo: http://www.gamershell.com/download_6191.shtml) would be closest to OFP, however these products do not have similar depth, play somewhat arcadish in comparison, and are geared towards online play.

If it does have to be shooter, how about

Vietcong  (Demo: http://www.gamershell.com/download_2037.shtml )

Raven Shield (Demo: http://www.gamershell.com/download_1456.shtml )

Americas Army (Full Game: http://www.gamershell.com/download_6114.shtml )

Hidden&Dangerous 2 (Demo: http://www.gamershell.com/download_5073.shtml )

SWAT 3 (demo: ftp://ftp.vugames.com/pub/sierra/swat3/demos/si_swat3tgoty_demo_us.exe )

or Ghost Recon (Demo: http://www.3dgamers.com/dl/games/ghostrecon/grdemo.exe.html )

There are plenty of other interesting titles out there, especially if you expand your search beyond the shooter genre.  wink_o.gif

this was a kewl game

RVS_M6_4.jpg

Ravenshield

RVS_M6_3.jpg

and this too

FarCry_2_640.jpg

Farcry

FarCry_11_640.jpg

... (oh and D3 of course) but only funny in SP or campaigns  

... and i still love OFP  biggrin_o.gif

SWAT 3 is f00king amazing. Too bad they cancelled Urban Justice.

"PUT YOUR HANDS UP! GET DOWN ON THE GROUND! DO IT! DO IT NOW!!" tounge_o.gif

Check me sig line for BIS Forums Top 100 games. I've been very busy so I haven't been able to publish it but there are some good games there. I know this isn't like OFP but you REALLY should try out Fallout 1 and 2. Fallout 2 were close on nailing the top seat of my top 10 games list and I've been playing OFP forever so it's quite an impressive game. wink_o.gif

"a game like ofp" - well, that's definitely VBS. Wait, that IS the same (more or less)... wink_o.gif

Ok, apart from that I really can't recommend anything like OFP: there simply isn't. If you need a break from OFP then go and play something completely different. I enjoy playing EVE (online scifi rpg), strategy games and roleplaying games - or the odd 'shooter' like DeusEx2. While there's great many good games out there none of them has manged to capture me as OFP did - and I always return to play that after a short while.

Hey Parvus, I shot the rope that made the shark hanging, pushed the shark into the sea to see the reaction of little fishes, expected a big rubble of AI piranhas, but was dissapointed that the shark...welll...just dimpled :-)

Anyway Far Cry...big experience...liked it...for 3 times.

OFP, big experience for how many years now ? *scratches head*

There's the GOTY edition of Morrowind, thats MASSIVE and a good break from OFP imho.

and a good MOD'ing community for it.

SWAT 3 is f00king amazing. Too bad they cancelled Urban Justice.

Not too bad.

Judging by the arcadish way Urban Justice went at some stage of its development (leading , along with some vivendi bankrout, in several and respected key members of the previous Swat 3 dev team and advisors departure), i am really happy that finally it had been cancelled.

Unlike Urban Justice, from what can be read Swat 4 seems to be really a good candidate to a serious sequel of the great Swat 3 game.

Quote[/b] ]Mafia is cool, but GTASA will totally eclispe it.

That's a matter of opinion. In my opinion any game that uses 50 cent for voice talent is hurting pretty bad.

Furthermore the single sweetest thing about Mafia was the ability to really abuse the shit out of the cars. Particularly shooting the bearings so the tires would fly off the cars as they were driving. I had so many beltway sniper moments sitting by the construction yard in hoboken shooting the tires off of moving cars.

Soldner is fucking junk. The battlefield games are pretty much glorified Quake/halflife mods. So you're essentially insulting OFP by attempting to establish any strong similarity there.

Farcry was alright, however I couldn't enjoy the game without heavily modifying the guns and damage so it was more realistic. However this in the end didn't work because for some moronic reason the LOD for each entity is defined in the editor for each level so I'd have guys who could shoot me beyond my drawdistance even though it was maxxed out. So... yeah. I dropped that game like a bad habit. Not to mention that the ai was a bit superhuman in it's ability to keep shooting accurately after being shot in the chest.