Sign in to follow this  
John J. Rambo

U.S. Soldiers 1967/68

A little more info about these would be nice wink_o.gif

I would prefer to know a little more about them (new weapons, features etc.) before I DL them

weapons: m79(sebnampack2), m16, m60, thompson(inv44), m1911(wwIIec)

new helmet models, new backpack...

...they looking good believe in me.

they look very good on the screenshot. I'll try em out tonight.

About time some new nam troops were released. I was almost going to give up all hope. thanks!

Looks like there are a few missing textures - the M16, when viewed in thirdperson, is almost completely white. The machine gunner has... blah, you need to fix some missing textures, otherwise, it looks really good!

Yeah, you mean 1st person view. The textures are white and the sights are missing. Fix that, and you got yourself an addon that might be reckoned as better than Nam Pack 2.

In other words, this will be a 10/10 if the textures are fixed.

Very nice units JJR! I like your object pack a lot and these units rule. As the others before me said, there's some texture probs. Probably wrong texture paths or such. smile_o.gif Easily fixed. Here's a zip with a few pics of the units that have the texture problems. The Colt and Thompson have their sights displayed correctly, other guns don't AFAIK. wink_o.gif

The picture zip:

http://tuote.org/~black-beret/vietnam/pics_jjr_units.zip

Hoping to see a new version soon!

...thank you all for telling me the bugs. i didn't know that and will fix them. maybe this weekend.

@HawkinsDaFin: thank you for the screens they will help me a lot.

...greetings wink_o.gif

These units are v.cool, great work apart from the bugs also the hands connecting to the arms could do with a bit of an adjustment so people can use custom animations and the hands wont be split from the arms. Can see them landing on a hot LZ already biggrin_o.gif

Very Good Job!  biggrin_o.gif

The sight of the m16 is white also (if that were not known as)  crazy_o.gif

It's a personnal request... You can deploy the m60 bipod?  rock.gif

that would be well  tounge_o.gif

ThK for your great soldiers!  biggrin_o.gif

(sorry for my english... )

EDIT: The m60 is white when one sees by far...

Awesome units, like everyone else's comments about the bugs...textures, etc. But past those minor things your detail on the soldiers are awesome. They're both unique and detail oriented which makes them great with the SEB units because they're different, but also share some common features, colors, etc. Looking forward to the update! Thanks JJR!

Looks like The Unsung and Vietnam: Burned Battlefields has some competition wink_o.gif

Those look brilliant biggrin_o.gif

I'll try them out when the textures are fixed wink_o.gif

sim

wow_o.gifwow_o.gif Man I think these are the best nam units out there, even with the bugs they kick ass. Just amazing. Any chance for an m-14? Or VC or nva units?

Oh almost forgot. I think I have found weapons to replace the sebnam ones. Is there any chance you can provide a weapons list with your next release?

very nice units, but fix the pathnames for the textures. Some refer to OFRP unit pack and some have the wrong path (jjr_wp instead of jjr_weap) ect ect. Easy fixes.

Units are extremely nice, but I would delete the helmet on the 'soldier 3' (guy with boonie). A guy who's not wearing a helmet will not take one with him hanging from his gear. In Nam a lot of soldiers didn't use their helmet. If you delete the helmet they can also be perfectly used for LRRP guys. With the nice backpacks they look very suited for the job.

Good work!

There aren't any blood textures on the units, and the M60 ammo belts on several of the units are also untextured.

Also, niether of the M60s have reloading sounds.

These really are great looking units otherwise....fix those texture bugs and these will be the premier Vietnam units out there.

wow_o.gif  really cool!

please, fix the bugs and a little suggestion: modify the helmet model, just a little smaller, it would be nice.

thank you for this excellent addon.

The M16 (well the barrel, frontsight and receiver), the M60 and what appears to be a CAR-15 are Soldier of Fortune 2 imports.

Units are extremely nice, but I would delete the helmet on the 'soldier 3' (guy with boonie). A guy who's not wearing a helmet will not take one with him hanging from his gear. In Nam a lot of soldiers didn't use their helmet.

You're almost right there. They chose not to wear their helmets on patrol, too much to haul. Ammo, aidkit and food were the only things necessary to carry. Draftees weren't in the same physical state as enlisted men. Other than that, they ususally wore their helmets in combat, because it gave some extra protection, just like the flak vest.

Looking forward to the update.

The helmet was indeed used during the entire conflict. But some soldiers use booniehats, patrolcaps and berets (black and in erdl). Those soldiers that used these items would not take the helmet with them (not even in combat). It's better to take more ammo and water with you.

The protection of the metal helmet is very low. It won't stop a bullet and only gives limited protection from shrapnel. Sme soldiers did actually prefer the boonie at all times (even in combat). The flakvest wasn't used a lot in the jungle. In urban fighting and by guys on the FSB's it was used quite a lot.

The USMC was the only unit in vietnam to use both the helmet and the flakvest in combat almost every time.

to get back to the addon;

the soldier 3 guy wears a boonie and has helmet hanging from his gear. This is nice, but you will not be able to put this helmet on during combat; it's just hanging there. So it's better to pretend he's one of those guys who prefer the boonie and delete the helmet

To start off my reply : these units look very good, really great man.

The M16 texture problem is already mentioned, and there is also a problem with some strings of bulllets around helmets and such, and a bandanna. I got the sebnampack 2 installed, so i think these are part of the texture problems expierenced by more ppl. After you've fixed these beauty's, my question is, what's next? Things i would like to see next in NAM : decent Nam era M14, M60 with deployed bi-pod, new Charlie's with some nice AK47s(config them up right so the AK isn't as accurate as the M16, but make it pack a heavier punch), new SF units with tigerstripe camo. Static M60's.

In the meanwhile seb nam pack can fix a lot of these problems, but your units have taken the Nam units to the same high class level as the E&S Marines, LSR stuff, HYK soldiers. So it would be great if we had some other high quality NAM features.

By the way, is there a face pack with some Platoon/Apocalypse Now faces? Would be great to have Sgt Barnes, Sgt Elias and such ingame. The dude with the bandanna and the Car-15 really makes me think of Sgt Barnes.

Looks like The Unsung and Vietnam: Burned Battlefields has some competition  wink_o.gif

not realy....