Sign in to follow this  
Arne

Team Yankee

We just want to say Hello and introduce our new website to the OFP-community.

"Another Mod?" you may ask. Well, not a complete Mod of its own. We want the player of our upcoming campaign to play as Captain Bannon, commander of Team Yankee, a tank heavy combat team stationed in West Germany in summer of 1985. The iron curtain is still in existance and Soviet aggression is rising...

The player will see the first fourteen days of World War III through Captain Bannon's eyes with missions to play as they are descibed in Harold Coyle's novel "Team Yankee".

If you want to know more of our Mod then visit us at Team Yankee.

Don't miss our FAQ section and we invite you to visit our forums.

Arne, Team Yankee

You kept this quiet smile_o.gif Good luck with everything smile_o.gif

I hope you'll finish it, unlike many other mods out there. smile_o.gif

Viel Glück!

Thank you mates for the wishes and it's always nice to see that the book does not seem to be as 'unknown' as we thought. biggrin_o.gif

bye, Arne

Sounds good, so good luck with this one! smile_o.gif

...I just have to ask...is Arne your real name? If so, are you from the nordic countries? rock.gif

Thank you mates for the wishes and it's always nice to see that the book does not seem to be as 'unknown' as we thought.  biggrin_o.gif

bye, Arne

I've got an urge to read it again now, must be at least 10 years since I read it.

I hope the campaign will start of with Garger getting his daily ass-chewing for breaking radio silence biggrin_o.gif

Didn't read the book, but played the game on an Atari ST and Amiga 500 smile_o.gif Good on you for taking this idea up for a mod.

Definitely looking forward to this. I finally read the book last year, and it would be quite cool to play through it. In fact, I'm sort of suprised nobody has done it before. Good luck fellas smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]...I just have to ask...is Arne your real name? If so, are you from the nordic countries? rock.gif

Yes it's my real name, but I'm German.

Quote[/b] ]I hope the campaign will start of with Garger getting his daily ass-chewing for breaking radio silence

Uuups ... he can read my thoughts biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]but played the game on an Atari ST

You may remember the map that came in the box?

We are using that one for island creation.

Atari... once upon a time there was Atari.... sad_o.gif

If anyone wants to help us, contact us on our forum (Link is in my first post)

thanx, Arne

Ha! I used to have Team Yankee the game (as well as Pacific Islands, the sequel) and I loved both very much. I remember the graphics at the time were as close to real as I'd ever seen.

I still have the book and the graphic novel somewhere around here...

I still have the book and the graphic novel somewhere around here...

Is the graphic novel worth the money Hellfish? Just spotted it at E-Bay this morning.

Jens

Thats where I got mine. I lost the one I had when I was a kid. It's OK, I'm not much of a comic book person so I can't compare it to anything, but some of the drawings are a little "off" - like the T-72s don't quite look like T-72s and sometimes the M-1s look a little too angular. But I'm nitpicky like that. smile_o.gif

Yeah, I read the book while I was in the Army in the late '80's. Read much like the meat-grinder battles that set the stage for the role-playing game, "Twilight: 2000".

I wouldn't mind lending a hand in the authenticity department. I served in the U.S. Army from '86 to '89. Msg me or something.

not meaning to go off topic

another good book ..we have all the stuff to do now in ofp ..would be Clash of Steel by Lewis Burruss..set in iran ...

unconventional warfare ...on a grand scale ..

pm me for more info ...

Tonight we proudly present the first in-game screenshots of out Team Yankee M88 Armoured Recovery Vehicle. Still in alpha, but we try to release it in Feb./2005 if nothing seriously happens.

M88-1.jpg

And another on from behind:

M88-2.jpg

Visit us at Team Yankee - A WW3 Mod

bye, Arne

Most of the units we need have been made by other teams by now:

- M113, M3, M901 by Combat!

- M1 by Inquisitor

But we are still waiting for a T-62

sad_o.gif

The M88 Pack will probably contain a uparmoured M88A2 HERCULES, too.

Perhaps I'm going to make a M981 FIST, don't know yet.

Some static Addons are in beta by now and when they don't do any hazards when set in WrpTool, we'll release them.

bye, Arne

good to see you guys around here.

now i know who "arne" is i mailed with biggrin_o.gif

why don't you take our t-55s as a placeholder for the t-62s? i mean, who knows RHS also knows that we're releasing 1-2 addons per year... tounge_o.gif i hope we can increase this rate a bit this year!