Sign in to follow this  
Laser

LSR Addons

@Laser - Thanks a lot for looking into that issue Laser... As I'm sure you know, Llauma is working on a new and much better behaved head wink_o.gif which might be worth looking at for future LSR work... meantime I'm gonna look at the whole mapping issue just as an excuse to learn my way around Oxygen a bit better...

re: Russian SF, etc.... I'd seen the RHS ones, and CSLA have released a few very promising screenshots too... It'll be very interesting to see what you come up with... I saw some photos on a military foto forum which I'm sure all you guys know about, and the Spetznaz training pics seemed to emphasise the hooded camo "pyjamas" and the individualised nature of the squad - much like your SEAL units - everybody was 100% military, but no two were alike and there seemed to be a lot of leeway given with regard to uniforms, etc... (vests/no vests, sleeves up/down, various combinations of hood, helmet, balaclava, etc....) some worthy East counterparts for the SEALS would be great...

Spetznaz training fotos

Cheers!

Bushlurker

@Laser

I understand that you need to think about the poly count but I will try to make up to 10 different lods of which the addon makers can pick the ones that fits their lods.

The bad things is that the heads which are using the new textures will have disabled custom faces and off course there are some people who can't live with out them no matter what. The good things are that I will make several different heads incl. caucasian, african and asian. Hopefully each model will have at least 20 different faces and each face will have both camo and normal versions. We also plan to make 3 different levels of injury: healthy, wounded and dead. So each head will have a unique wound texture instead of the current setup where most faces use the same wound texture. To counter the disabled faces we are looking at some new possibilities. A dialogue menu in the beginning of each mission which allows you to pick the face you want instead of making it totally random is one of the ideas.

Nothing is really decided yet so I guess we'll see what the final solution will look like. Quite many addon makers and mods have shown interest in it which is great. Hopefully we'll find a skilled scripter who can come up with the best possible solution.

The best thing about them though is that they look really good with your model which in my oppion are the best created so far.

Here's a sample using the beta african head with your Ranger model

As I said earlier I am also working on a version which uses the the original textures and I guess one can make a decent head with them but they wont be anything like the ones using gizmo mapped new textures. I'd prefer that people accepted the disabled custom faces and wen't with the far nicer option. After all it's not that often you actually see your face.

OK, men, it's about time i've posted something that is in the works right now. These are AH-64 pilots and new M4 w/EOTech sight. The pilots are currently being done as a part of a "joint project" with KyleSarnik and Marco Polo IV. Here are few screens.

lsrah64pilot014qn.jpg

lsrah64pilot022nn.jpg

lsrnewm4013nd.jpg

Nice pilots and the Eotech looks good too. smile_o.gif

STGN

@Laser - Thank you for finally making M4's with EOTech's on it. What other new weapons are you planning to add to your weapons pack???

Does it mean you droping Earls M16s as a basis for your US weapon pack? Please don't! Just put this great looking EOTech on the Earl's model.

Well, if you have to, you can always use a STGN M4 as a AR15 base, as this one is very accurate...

Finally some pilots to replace the BAS ones...I always thought the BAS pilots were to spec-op-ish (after all I think they are modeled after SOAR) but it is good to see just some standard, normal chopper pilots complete with an IHADSS.

Finally some pilots to replace the BAS ones...I always thought the BAS pilots were to spec-op-ish (after all I think they are modeled after SOAR) but it is good to see just some standard, normal chopper pilots complete with an IHADSS.

these aren't "normal" chopper pilots...only Apache air crew wear this type of helmet but I definately see what ur gettin at...maybe we can convince him to make some "regular" U.S. Army helo pilots for us biggrin_o.gif

Yay! Go Laser! biggrin_o.gif Amazing work as allways. I'm just wondering, when did Cpt. Steele, Grimes, and Bruce Willis become AH-64 pilots rofl.gif just kidding, anyways they look fabulous. So what are you planning to do as far as features? And will the M4 EOTech be included with the pilots or added to the US weapon pack?

Ah64 helmets are too small, the new helmets are huge, the color needs to be darker as well. At least by a couple of shades. Monical postion is slightly off the hing for the optics its forward, the visor has a cut out for it so it can be viewed clearly when the visor is in the down position. Undershirts are normally OD green, Airforce wear black.. The flight suits are hot enough to begin with. The forwar section of the lhelmet is used to house the visor and eletronics, the helmet forshiled is exstended an easy five inchest from the pilots head, doing the corect helmet tend to cause clipping issues with most of the newer AH64 models. Even thought the cockpit arangment is still incorrect. I can send pictures if needed I got one of the helmets hear still I tore apart for a pilot mod of my own and still ave my flight gear for working on them.

the size doesn't look too far off..the color and site definately need to be ajusted...I found a good site for you to check out Laser it also has the current issue HGU 56/P along with the SPH 4 currently used by the US Army...I think I saw the current issue used by the Marine Corps on that page too...site this should help for the minor tweaks...

edit..hmm after looking at the site more throughly..it doesn't have the newer AH-64 helmet..it has the older version..I'll see if I can find some more pics for ya....

HGU56 is the current flight helmet for the us aircrews a lot of pilots stillwear the updated SPH-4 due to being cobra crews transfered over to apaches. The HGU-56 is large enough to fit a pair of heads in it. A complete SPH-4 will fit inside of a HGU-56 they are that much larger than the old SPH-4. Its honestly the crews preferance to which of the 5 verssions of helmets are used. Main differance is the HGU-56 is kevlar vs the old helmets which were heavy duty plastic. Most pilots use the SPH-4 it lighter and won't break your neck in a crash not weighing in at 17 lbs like the HGU-56 under the visor isa heavy blister pack the box is often relocated to the back of the helmet or they use the older helmet less clutters not having five cords attached to your head that often get hung up when you put the chopper though heavy manuevers. Commonly entangled in the brackets behind the seat.

isnt it also possible to wear the eyepiece underneath the sunvisor? Because the space between the visor and the helmet is kinda large...

isnt it also possible to wear the eyepiece underneath the sunvisor? Because the space between the visor and the helmet is kinda large...

Yes, there is even a small special cut-out on the bottom-right of the visor to make it fit completely.

I'm not sure if LSR also did this, though.

maybe this is helpfull?:

aviatorcopyBosniaKosovoa_jpg.jpg

STGN

^Mean Women Blues

Anyways, back to topic... Cool looking pilots, Laser. Can't wait to put them in a chopper.

Thanks for the tips, people... now one more question, if i may. Can someone direct me to some flight vests US heli pilots use, other than that shown on my pics?

Thanks for the tips, people... now one more question, if i may. Can someone direct me to some flight vests US heli pilots use, other than that shown on my pics?

Hey Laser.

I am a fan of your work!

So here is some info pictures that may be of some help!

Close-up

Good View Pic

I hope these work well for ya!

Keep up the great work!

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

pistols.gifpistols.gifpistols.gifpistols.gif

thas the type of gear "fast mover" drivers wear...helo crews don't wear g-suits or parachute harnesses usually just a survival vest and helmet...Gatordev is somewhere around here..he's gonna be the BEST guy to go to since hes the only resident military helo driver we got on the board..I found a pic of a model apache pilot..their usually pretty accurate ..hes even wearing the "newer" cammo flightsuits the army is moving towards for their aircrew

pic

Not a cammo flight suit 82nd Airboarn pilots tend to wear normal BDUs. The standard old bailout vest they had since nam I got all the gear in my locker someplace seeing I'm not on choppers anymore and going back into infantry. Including both helmets even if one is dissasembled for recontruction.

thas the type of gear "fast mover" drivers wear...helo crews don't wear g-suits or parachute harnesses usually just a survival vest and helmet...Gatordev is somewhere around here..he's gonna be the BEST guy to go to since hes the only resident military helo driver we got on the board..I found a pic of a model apache pilot..their usually pretty accurate ..hes even wearing the "newer" cammo flightsuits the army is moving towards for their aircrew

pic

Yea your right!

I was sooooo sleepy yesterday.

I didn't understand the question! LOL!

Try these Laser.

Scan Down.., 1st Pic.

Well this is all I can find at this moments!

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

pistols.gifpistols.gifpistols.gifpistols.gif

That pic above kinda makes me want to go Army...

Sorry for missing this thread, I'm moving into my new house and haven't had internet until today. MilitiaSniper, that last link w/ the pic of Capt. Beaupre is a pretty good shot of the CMU-33 "Airsafe" vest with the flotation attached. Both the Navy and Marines are wearing those now acrosss the board. I don't know for sure what the Army is using, but operationally, I think it's something like the CMU-33 w/out the HABD bottle and the flotation. Basically it's a harnes that's underneath the vest w/ a single point D-Ring for hoisting.

Laser, I know you're working on Army stuff, so I'm afraid I can't help you there, but if you're interested, I can take a pic of my CMU-33, minus the HABD bottle and flotation. It's in w/ all my household goods, which is supposed to be here today...but isn't.

Regardless, the units look top notch.

As i see this women... That reminds me the female medic the Bw Mod made. So i want to ask if its not too much work to make a female pilot? Would be something exceptional too.

Excuse my bad english i m not very experienced and my english teacher is not the best. confused_o.gif