Sign in to follow this  
Laser

LSR Addons

now clearly, I'm a fan of Laser's work but I think I can understand where Jonstyle is coming from. To me the overall model used has gotten kinda "old" I don't know if thas the correct term to use but maybe a revamp or maybe we've just been spoiled by Offtimes work lately but yeah models like the "generic baseball cap" guy definately wouldn't be missed if it was left out this time around....

Well, the model parts are possibly subject to change. Nevertheless, i tried to make'em look differently from my other guys... check out this pic, for example:

lsrunitscomparison6sk.jpg

Awesome looking units, but you've made a small error there, my friend.

Combat Controllers and PJ's are too very seperate things.

It's not a PJ Combat Controller, just a CCT.

Simple name mix up is all.

Hey Laser, how about using Llauma head 2.0? As good as your soldiers look, this would make them even better looking? smile_o.gif

Yeh i agree, or change the mapping on the faces a little - the faces are too big for the heads.

Maybe make them use SJBs weapon pack too.

Apart from that, top notch job.

Indeed, that looks MUCH better notworthy.gif

Laser : LISTEN TO THIS MAN AND TAKE HEED wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I agree, the Llauma heads should be implemented

I have said about it some time ago. But if Laser doesn't want to implement Llauma's head model, you can do it yourself =) That's really easy.

I have said about it some time ago. But if Laser doesn't want to implement Llauma's head model, you can do it yourself =) That's really easy.

Patience, my friends. I actually AM in the process of that, but encountered some problems which need to be resolved. Hope to counter them soon.

hey Laser, just wanted to ask you, if I would get permission from you to release those?

sf44.jpg

mexdf.jpg

444.jpg

m416modlas.jpg

greetings Evers

I don't have the time to do it myself unfortunately, or I wouldn't have suggested the addonmaker do it wink_o.gif

Hey, looking good as always Laser thumbs-up.gif

Im wondering about the airforce PJ's. They will have all 10 weapons slots right? I mean, they wont be like the Ranger CSAR medics, having only 4 slots for M-4 mags, right?

Also, im assuming they will be able to heal right? I dont want a PJ that cant heal......thats like having Ron Jeremy with erectile dysfunction. tounge2.gif

Also, what do they look like from the back? What kind of packs are the PJ's carrying? The other CSAR medics carried Alice packs. A modern day PJ would carry something, such as a specialized trauma pack. such as this one....

http://www.blackhawk.com/product_detail.asp?product_id=2038&d=

This pack is designed for use by PJ's, and is alot better than an old 1980's Alice pack.

thats just my thoughts though.... tounge2.gif

as for that rifle that he wanted include, i would be receptive on it.

But would the addon maker care to tell us about it?

Im using the SJB M4 specail purpose rifle right now and it drops the tangos at over 500 meters with little or no sound notworthy.gif

awsome work biggrin_o.gif i just dont like those caps they wear. could give them something els.

Looking good I can't wait to try these out.

As for the weapons, I think you should continue to use your own US Weapons pack. The SJB pack is a good pack, yet my preference is for Lasers as all his US troops and Hyakushiki's troops use them.

What ever you choose, SJB or your own weapons pack, Llaumas heads or your own, I know the PJs will turn out great regardless. Keep up the great work.

It shouldn't matter what weapon pack - no addon maker "chooses" a pack. The weapons a unit starts with is the easiest thing in the OFP world to change, and I don't mean in the editor, I mean config-editing.

If there is anyone who doesn't have a PBO unzipper/rezipper program(s) on their system and wants to change an addon, I'd advise them to get one.

In this way, everyone can customise the units as they wish (unless of course they want to play multiplayer - leave them alone in this case).

Sorry to sound picky, but is there any chance of seeing some US soldiers in DCU but with the DCU pattern vest and body armour? Just a thought as most of the troops deployed later to Iraq wore vests like that.

Also, is it possible to add a randomizing effect for goggles, goggle covers, and knee pads. This would had some variety to soldiers. I'm not sure, but I think this has been done before....with the British infantry I think.

Cheers biggrin_o.gif

OK now, here's something which is pretty 99% close to final. I'm still working on HALO units (they have to be scripted yet). The units have all 10 inventory slots and every one of them is able to heal. As you can see from the pics, old ALICE pack was substituted by a newer one. Still, HALO guys would most probably retain ALICE, since i have no knowledge on modern HALO-compatible packs. The guys in the maroon berets are intended to be garrison units.

OK, here we go...

lsrusafpj097wj.jpg

lsrusafpj085ma.jpg

lsrusafpj071vk.jpg

lsrusafpj068ys.jpg

Wow, excellent job. They look great!

The M4's look amazing too, will they be included in this pack?

Have you fixed the PJ/CCT mix-up?

To good for words Laser...Top stuff thumbs-up.gif

Any chances of putting those cool sunglasses on your older models in an update? tounge2.gif