Sign in to follow this  
Laser

LSR Addons

I have yet to see some USAF PJ's and In OFP it would be a good addition because it opens up a slew of CSAR missions. Imagine being a PJ inside of a C-130 tasked to jump, locate the downed pilot(s) treat them if need be and call for a pavehawk extract back to friendly airspace. makes my mouth water biggrin_o.gif

now PJs would definately be welcome addition....BAS's (I dare mention the name) HH-60G has been gatherin dust ever since its release....

What colors are the woodland in, them on a 100% cotton uniform, a 50% cotton and 50% nylon uniform or a 100% nylon/other syntetic materials?

STGN

What colors are the woodland in, them on a 100% cotton uniform, a 50% cotton and 50% nylon uniform or a 100% nylon/other syntetic materials?

STGN

umm.... not sure, but i guess they're 100% cotton...

If you mean woodland in general its 50/50...or atleast the hat is,I'd think the pants and jacket would be the same....wait wheres the tag...meep?!!?!

usually 50% nylon and 50% cotton. If thats not what ya meant,eh sorry banghead.gif

Just checked the Label its 50/50 Nylon/Cotton

Im sure you will like the quality of the cammo, i for myself are very happy with it.

i have a sugestion about the next updates of laser delta , rangers , seals and that is what if you could have like a few guys that look a bit torn and tired , battle hardened look.

Like they have been in the fight for many months or years tounge2.gif

The troops could just be unsilenced and in desert and woodland camo, no need for lots of extras.

I think it would be extremely nice with a couple of guys that look more personalized if thats a correct word?

Would be good as characters for campaigns and missions.

instead of the nice clean cut and not so dirty dressed soldiers in the ranger , delta ,seal packs. I don't know if tou understand what i mean but it could be like a extra patch to add those few extras unsilenced special guys in.

I think a couple of seals in bandanas or without anything on the head at all would be cool, maybe if its possible to make them put on black , green face paint so they can look more SF looking. It could be a action meny command like googles on , off. Also could have desert rangers that have those middle east head stuff to cover their faces from sand. Would look nice too. Also have a idea for making a un clean looking medic soldier too, he could have some dried blood spots on some parts of his uniform that could show that he has had lots of work and not much time to clean his uniform. on the rest of the units that could be part of the battle hardened pack or veterans pack or what name you would give it if you make it , the rest of the soldiers could have a bit torn up clothes and their clothes should maybe look more darkish dirty if woodland and i dunno how sandy clothes look like yet so tounge2.gif

Anyways thats just sugestion , can't look forward to the seal update anyways inlove.gif

btw any chance you can make a Seal type that carries with him 1-3 satchel charges? Would be useful for behind the lines missions or missions where you need to blow up some evil buildings , computers , fuel stations you know whatever comes in peoples mind biggrin_o.gif

I know what you mean. Laser's spec ops are top notch, but they look like their taking part in routine training, not out in the field. I suppose there are positives and negatives to that.

Come on leave him alone, I reakon he has done a great job he has made generic representation of special forces groups instead of the contemporary speical forces i.e. what i mean is like in vietnam in the late 60s the soldiers looked very different to the ones serving in lets say europe, laser doesn't have time making contemporary speical forces i.e. how the rangers, delta and seals looked in afghanistan becuase they look different to how they would serve lets say Iraq where cultural and warefare tactics differ considerabaly.

I think it would look really odd if I was doing a hypothetical mission in Libya and it would look really odd that troops were wearing Afghan cultural clothing and if people says who cares are arrogant.

SUMMARY

If we start making SF for specific theaters of warfare we will have

1) To many models takes long to make and everything which goes with that like lag and d/l size

2) It cannot be used in hypothetical cases becuase it would look odd

Cheers

Wa Va Voom out

PS. I'm not trying to be hostile or anything just my 2 cents

ok you arer right then tounge2.gif but just wanted some soldiers that looked a little more wear and tear in their uniforms biggrin_o.gif

Tested the updated seals and they where great, Good job Laser yay.gif

does anyone have LSR´s US weaponpack patched?

i cant run the patch, i get access denied after about 2% done sad_o.gif

so, does anyone have a patched version to download?

Sorry to stomp on The Shadow's question (answer him 1st!wink_o.gif but I was just wondering (and I posted this one in another topic too), are you (Laser = the MAN) ever thinking about creating any regular US army units? Not marines or anything, just your regular-interceptor-battle-armour-1st-infantry-division-big-red-one-grunts?

Seriously good stuff man, loving your addons.

thumbs-up.gif

Great SEALs, Laser.

And I also want to ask will you make U.S. regular infantry or marines, as a next project(s)?

For example, i like these marines on the screens http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=7613, but, as I understand, that mod is dead, so they will never be released =( And there are no quality marine troops addons (SC marines not bad, but they are based on old player's model and with default heads).

YES

Regular Infantry from LASER would be AWESOME.

But LASER made so many high quality addons for us, and we requesting more and more wink_o.gif

So i think, from all the community THANK YOU

We will be grateful whatever You made in the future.

I wish You, that You enjoy making every addon as we enjoy playing with them. notworthy.gifbiggrin_o.gif

And I also want to ask will you make U.S. regular infantry or marines, as a next project(s)?

For example, i like these marines on the screens http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=7613, but, as I understand, that mod is dead, so they will never be released =( And there are no quality marine troops addons (SC marines not bad, but they are based on old player's model and with default heads).

A new set of Marines has just been out for a week and people start to make requests for new ones. C'mon.

--EDIT---

If you want normal soldiers in the new woodland you may check the FFUR thread wink_o.gif

Ironsight

Quote[/b] ]A new set of Marines has just been out for a week and people start to make requests for new ones. C'mon.

You think this is abnormal or what? You can even compare marines on those screens with SC's. The difference is great, and I, think CB's mod marines look more better than SC's, even if to take into consideration their age, nearly 1 year old.

The main problem of SC's marines - its their old base They do not look impressive and its pity =(

Ironsight
Quote[/b] ]A new set of Marines has just been out for a week and people start to make requests for new ones. C'mon.

You think this is abnormal or what? You can even compare marines on those screens with SC's. The difference is great, and I, think CB's mod marines look more better than SC's, even if to take into consideration their age, nearly 1 year old.

The main problem of SC's marines - its their old base They do not look impressive and its pity =(

What do you mean with "old base"? Base model? Then you are wrong SafetyCatch's Marines use HYK's model as base model so they are pretty up to date. But my point is that when SafetyCatch announced he was making Marines and showed pictures everybody was like: "Wow SafetyCatch those are amazing" and "SafetyCatch have my baby". And now they are a week old and people start to make requests for new ones. Bit pathetic don't you think?

Sorry for going offtopic.

Ironsight, calm down. It's stanley and this behavior is typical for him. He's not worth to get upset about him. icon_rolleyes.gif

Ironsight

What do you mean with "old base"? Base model? Then you are wrong SafetyCatch's Marines use HYK's model as base model so they are pretty up to date. But my point is that when SafetyCatch announced he was making Marines and showed pictures everybody was like: "Wow SafetyCatch those are amazing" and "SafetyCatch have my baby". And now they are a week old and people start to make requests for new ones. Bit pathetic don't you think?

Sorry for going offtopic.

totally agree with Ironsight on this...as a matter of fact an update for SC Marines JUST came out this week...

Ironsight

HYK's model is new? You know, I don't have any other questions...

P.S. Yes, sorry for offtopic, ppl. Will be no any other posts here about marines infantry from me - these several guys are very, very angry and I suppose they decided to eat my brains rofl.gif

Shadow NX

Hey! Just inspired with Laser's SEALs and want all other infantry addons to be on the same quality level wink_o.gif

Well but you also got to see that the man is a hard worker ( also extra work for some extra money ) and a family father...

Plus he already released extremely much sompared to other soldier maker.

All i want to say give the man a break, also the reskinned Hyk units look very good.