Sign in to follow this  
.granQ.

SFP Range

#####################

# SFP Range 1.0 #

#####################

This is a very small island that was made for testing our internal addons, nothing can beat the speed to load up desert island and test, but sometimes you want to have a place that you can play in multiplayer and test your vehicles, weapons.

This was not meant for release but I decided to do it anyway. The goal is not to make a world that would feel like a real one but to provide a place were I could test addons.

* Three different firing ranges.

* One runway.

* A little off-road track

Download here (604 kb)

250m_small.jpg

2km_small.jpg

yay!  biggrin_o.gif

testin in a minute  wink_o.gif

EDIT:  NAMES!!!!!  crazy_o.gif

didn't see the top range on that pic.

still a nice island, it has potential  wink_o.gif

tips:

+names (in editor)

+killhouse ( Lt Hunter has two under construction or you can make your own using wallsections.

+make the sealed area with the bushes a bit larger , so you can perhaps make a small urban range with Editorupgrade

biggrin_o.gif

yay! biggrin_o.gif

testin in a minute wink_o.gif

EDIT: NAMES!!!!! crazy_o.gif

didn't see the top range on that pic.

still a nice island, it has potential wink_o.gif

tips:

+names (in editor)

+killhouse ( Lt Hunter has two under construction or you can make your own using wallsections.

+make the sealed area with the bushes a bit larger , so you can perhaps make a small urban range with Editorupgrade

biggrin_o.gif

EB 36 and on EC 36 you find those buildings.

names i skiped since i didn't want to fill the map with names, the map is so small that names would "clutter" it. And didn't see any need for names, everyone can make their "idea" about it.

+killhouse, what in earth is that?

The sealed area is actually made for paintball types of games. Been thinking of urban areas but haven't made.

Can also say some other things. The trees and stuff just south of the runway is made for pratice low level flying with chopper.

South of the 2 km "range" there is foreset and more "bumpy" terrian, that i made for "combat practice", were you fire at targets that popup when you move along.

And one "bug" as it might seem is that you can fire thru that building but the walls is not "fat", you can't run thru it, but you can fire thru it. A bit unreal i know but so it is for now.

ohh and forgot to say this, place empty object, look under "Range - Objects" and you will find a small bench I made for those times when you just want a campfire, and sitting down and chat ingame.. =)

Downloading now.

This will go well next to Zafana.

About the killhouse, yes good idea gandalf, .granQ., a killerhouse is a building used to train drills inside buildings. Used by the SAS alot to simulate hostage rescue and things like that, normally using life amunition.

Gosh, downloaded allready...

Regards

@CERO

maybe can do small killerhouse area. Even if close combat and ofp isn't two best friends ;)

killhouse:

killhouse.jpg

and the paintball thing.... hey! you're right biggrin_o.gif

oh, and i found the sniper range wink_o.gif

say, you got any plans of making the tank strack a bit more clear? i'm making a mission but i have to use yellow flags to guide the people a bit tounge_o.gif .

map i'm making has:

tank training

carbine training

rifle training

other map will use:

paintball area

urban area

tank firing range

light and medium AT range

heavy AT range

heavy MG range

could change ghostface.gif

Damm, I was just thinking about making missions like that.

granQ, something that is missing and would hellp alot is a nice long beach with ovstacles and some fortress, like the one in the middle island in Sarugao, in the south.

the reason why its because I think this island its perfect for squads training, and a beach for practizing beach landing and so on, for marines, special forces sea infiltration, etc etc.

Nice though, no frills in it, nice and simple and to the point.

Good terrain, plus like you said, the loading time of this terrain is allmost faster than dessert island.

Regards.

@CERO.

I really like this island. lol, love the 2km range, tried to hit a target at 2km mark, havent managed to yet, lol.

Where is the tank couse, I would like to know so I can have a 4x4 training area in a HMMVW or perhaps other vehicles.

hehehe, really good island!

Killhouse requires a lot of work making paths for the AI to follow other wize they get stuck walking into walls. Only good for player vs player. This is a testing area, I'm downloading it cause it was what I was looking for for testing addons. Needed a good driving course, there was one for the dunebuggies by PSC, just hauling tail over that course in combat vehicles usually caused a roll over.

I really like this island. lol, love the 2km range, tried to hit a target at 2km mark, havent managed to yet, lol.

Where is the tank couse, I would like to know so I can have a 4x4 training area in a HMMVW or perhaps other vehicles.

hehehe, really good island!

it is not so good really, a water "ditch", and mud texture around from the big garage area and round the small range/forest and back.

It is meant to play on higher terrain detail to get more bumpy and then there is some 100 meters maybe that is totaly straight, made so you can put in your models, ramp and such stuff.

But i am listing to the ideas and maybe will improve this one.

For beach i was thinking that there isn't really any "storming" today like the normandie one. So havn't figured what to do really.

About the beach, I was thinking on this:

In Zafana, I made a target in the middle, guarded by East, then a cuple of teams on UAZs patroling around in the roads, then about four different teams on foot patroling the coast. The player have to infiltrate at night avoid the patrols and destroy the target and then extract.

All this would be difficult in your island as it is now because the coast line its very sharp.

I made it as a training perpous, to get my blackop skills, my stealth basecly, to a decent level, I'm crap at it, I'm too impacient.

The bunkers and stuff would do nicelly to add realism and to create some ovstacles for the player, you never know how many enemys are hiding in them bunkers...

It is not necessary because you can allways do that in another island, but if it had something like that it would be a full monty biggrin_o.gif the problem is that this would add alot of ovjects, or maybe no, but the loading time would increase, so that wouldn't be too good.

I may get my clumsy finguers in vissitor and do something myselfe, just for a laugh.

Thanks for considering.

@CERO.

sounds like the mission i am working on. Won't be released until our swedish soldiers are done but the mission is done and pretty hard, depending on how "good" you want to be.

There "objectivs" in the briefing.

* The destory the weapons crates

* Don't let anyone escape

* Extraction

Thing is that it doesn't just use the "east knows about" but also a eventhandler to check if you fired. If you fired a weapon or been detected many russians starts to run down to the boats and goes away, and you get "failed" on objective 2 but can still complete the mission. The neat thing is mostly two things, the friendly mgun (m249) on another island that fires support fire when you request it, he just spray it over a area and the fact that it is a assault mission but you need to be sneaky before you are in the right pos. To just "snipe" everyone you will fail.

So even with very few ai this mission is pretty hard.

Takes place on Nogova on the small islands to the south of the main island.

Sounds good, and much much more elaborated then mine biggrin_o.gif

I wouldn't mind to have a look at it wink_o.gif

@CERO.

May i suggest for the ofroad track, perhaps, make it a bit longer, and have an area as a firing platform to train at hitting things on rough ground whilst moving. Ah yes, and have a good old steep up hill, with a slow desent, as we know how hard it is to get up a hill sometimes, plus it would make it a bit more atmospheric. That bit could be in a forest area.

Just my two cents. biggrin_o.gif

im gonna write a quick script to use on the BIS "target e" to make it pop back up/reset after 5 seconds. will be found under "range Objects" like your bench is. if u want u can go ahead PM me and ill just reply with the config code and script smile_o.gif

I'm using the Figure 11 UK addon, I set it so it pops ider in the range or as "fast reaction test" in the woods, nice to have a go at it in the woods, walking along ready to get them targets tat pop out where you less expect them.

@CERO.

I'm using the Figure 11 UK addon, I set it so it pops ider in the range or as "fast reaction test" in the woods, nice to have a go at it in the woods, walking along ready to get them targets tat pop out where you less expect them.

@CERO.

hmm i might be able to jack the map-facts mine scripts that detect when you are near and make one of those.

see im a simple man. i like place and go. i dont like foolin around with trigers or some such shit. just put it in and go  smile_o.gif

ill get back to you later on it

Edit: by "jack their script" i dont mean steal it. i mean use it

lol, if you can make it so it pop out without the need for triggers, you'll be the man blues.gif

I do that by creating a trigger West present, then on the on activation field I add

Quote[/b] ][t1] exec "\fig11\goUp.sqs"

and in the target init I add

Quote[/b] ]t1 addEventHandler ["hit", {[t1] exec "\fig11\goDown.sqs"; go1=true}]

Well, all I do its to modifie the sample mission that comes with the addon biggrin_o.gif

The problem is that you would have to make a trigger for every target and name every target and in the on activation fiel change the name of the target for every trigger, so if you can make a BIS one like you say it would be much better, actually, make two, one to pop out and get knoked down when hit, and another one to be up allready to use in the firing range that gets knoked down when hit.

That would be nice.

Regards.

@CERO.

i miss a big Tank exercise field... with loads of roads leading everywhere and nowhere (that means all over the place) ;)

and some forrest areas, rolling hills and stuff...

but mostly open planes (with small hills)

a terrain track (like the one you have, but longer and with steep hills n stuff)

a garage area, a couple of villages (ruins or burnt out houses)

and one or a few swamps biggrin_o.gif

preferably with a small airfield nearby...

maybe someone could make a "army exercise island" with custom objects.. that would be REALLY cool biggrin_o.gif

with places you can practice ambushes, assaults, sweep n clear missions, infiltration and god knows what....

sounds like many have ideas and stuff.

Wouldn't mind releasing a update to this one, the firing range building i made myself, thought of the one we used when i was in the army. No idea how "common" this things are, since I never been on a firing range while not wearing uniform..

anyway. If anyone wants to do small missions or even p3d models

(for like the off road part i could make it longer but would be neat with some obstacles).

For the hill, i actually made a small island that was just a hill and the "mud" texture, a few objects not many.. wanted a "war" feeling on it but it feelt to point less. But yeah can make like 40-50 meters high hill on the current version, no problem find some space for that.

The problem is to make perfect balance between "usefull and nice" and "small seize, short loading".

i guess you have to sacrifice the size to make what people want.. sad_o.gif

no

since i don't have to do what people want and the thing is that it should be big.

low lands are making a good big one, perhaps better then mine, atleast it looks better on screenshots but mine is fast and nice to have small testing.

like i can make pistols at one place, rifles at another and so on. Then have 4 teams members playing at my server and we test our addons..

yeah, you´re right....

add a pistol range (like 50m or so)

and improve whats already on the map