Sign in to follow this  
pogingwapo

Gunmen take 200+ student hostages

Animals. Taking kids hostage. They deserve to be shot. If they kill any of them, then in stead they deserve a long, slow, painful death.

Just in case you didn't see this in the latest reports:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tm....1132655

Quote[/b] ]North Ossetia's interior minister, Kazbek Dzantiev, said the hostage-takers had threatened to kill 50 children for every abductor killed, news reports said.

"For every destroyed rebel, they will kill 50 children, and 20 children for every injured rebel," he was quoted as saying by news agencies and television.

Yes, I've seen that on another forum, but only after after i wrote my post sad_o.gif

God lets hope this turns out ok sad_o.gif

Very sad... But you also have to see to the background most of these "freedom fighters" have. Most, if not all have lost their children and close family in the conflict.

I hope that the Russian authorities can find a better solution to this situation than the one they found at the theater situation....

In regards to what I said earlier I dont support this act, or attacks against civilians at all. What I think, is that Islamic militants have seen that this is a situation they can exploit for their own ends, ordinary chechens also find themselves at risk from the rebel fighters now.

If your Chechen and aged 16-20ish, you've more or less only known war, and people like that are ideal for fundamentalists, Chechens have turned up in other conflicts where islamic militantancy is involved.

So basically, im saying Russia's heavy-handed tactics in Chechnya contributed to a drift form nationalism to religous fundamentalism. Which is bad, cause religous fanatics seem to a lot more prepared to appaling things to prove a point.

I hope that the Russian authorities can find a better solution to this situation than the one they found at the theater situation....

a 100 dead or 800 dead...u choose before making such unclever comments. Thre was no other solution.

about the hostages. Ive been watching the news the whole day and so far the terrorists only established contact about an hour ago.

What the he** is wrong with the world today? It's kids! They haven't done anything wrong against you! How do you think this will solve any problem?!

It's time to "reboot" humanity, humanity has a too much ego.

Of all the species on this planet we had to be the dumbest.

The problem as viewed by the terrorists is that as people are inherently mindless minions who automatically become duplicates of their parents, those children will one day automatically become adult infidels, making them eligible opponents. As their fate is inevitable, the extrapolation is that they are embryonic enemies, and better to root it out before it has the chance to mature.

Anything less than militant action comparable to the actions of the jihadists is viewed as best as inferior work of slackers, and at worst as aiding and abetting the enemy. To excerise obligations of in this case Russian allegience and citizenship, such as voting for enemies of Chechen seperatists, is viewed as allegience to an enemy party by the terrorists.

The palestinians have attempted to extrapolate this argument and imply that as Israel has mandatory reserve duty (with some exceptions) that all Israelis are or will be military personel, negating 'civilian' immunity. That argument is not applicable here so long as iirc Russia does not have compulsary service.

Irregardless, the war continues between believers in self-determination who value individuality, and those seek to expand their hegemony of presumed inevitability and compulsary assimilation.

a 100 dead or 800 dead...u choose before making such unclever comments. Thre was no other solution.

Well... Shall I rephrase then? I hope this ends with less casualties than in the theater situation. I didn't mean to say that the Russian authorities did a bad move in the theater situation, I just wish it doesn't have to come to that in this case.

The operation was a perfect execution, it was just down to lack of medical support afterwards.

I look at it as a good job done when no alternative existed.

I think it's going to be similar here. sad_o.gif

they think they will not be in hell after they die when they where taking kids as hostages mad_o.gif

they think they will not be in hell after they die when they where taking kids as hostages  mad_o.gif

And if they were all adults, you think they'd be heading anywhere else?

Russians will not use gas cuz terrorist will blow up building taking lives of all hostages wow_o.gifmad_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Russians will not use gas cuz terrorist will blow up building taking lives of all hostages  wow_o.gif   mad_o.gif   crazy_o.gif

What if there's some type of nerve gas agent that takes effect immediately and can be cured by an antidote injection?

Have I been reading to many spook books lately? rock.gif

Russians will not use gas cuz terrorist will blow up building taking lives of all hostages  wow_o.gif   mad_o.gif   crazy_o.gif

Didn't the 'terrorists' in that theater have explosives too?

theavonlady

but there is kids, kids = dead kids   crazy_o.gif and how you gonna use antidote on 200+ hostages fast?  wow_o.gif and if those chechens get what they want they will probably use explosives too..

DarkLight

nope. if they did all hostages would be dead already...

but there is kids, kids = dead kids   crazy_o.gif and how you gonna use antidote on 200+ hostages fast?  wow_o.gif and if those chechens get what they want they will probably use explosives too..

These are technicalities that I don't know.

I understand some nerve agents trigger spasms immediately. This would make it impossible to set off explosives.

Assuming the antidote is for children, too, SF medics would rush into the building in bio-hazzard suits the moment the nerve agent has been released. Then it's a question of how much time they have between the attack and the antidote.

All of this is totally hypothetical and may be fiction for all I know, though I suspect it's a possibility.

DarkLight

I make up my own news...

theavonlady

but they are not going to use any type of gas...

lats time they used gas..... and you saw the results

but they are not going to use any type of gas...

lats time they used gas..... and you saw the results

What would have been the results had they not used the gas? Better or worse?

perhaps the bandits have some anti chemical suits also? Its not too hard to get this kind of stuff... I just hope for the best. I really hope the kids can be saved can be saved...

I'd be interested to see what the reaction to this is, in Chechnya, as well as what they think of the people who are doing this, or other acts of terror.

DarkLight

what the? what kinda news were u watching. All the women at the Nord Ost hostage taking had suiscide belts, and everyone seen them. The nerve agent used there was very strong by the time they realized the shahid women lost conciousness. The men tried to do something by got gunned down instantly.

The Russians can't do anything at the moment and Putin doesn't deal with Terrorist.

I hope this has a good Ending. sad_o.gifsad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

"theavonlady"

These are technicalities that I don't know.

I understand some nerve agents trigger spasms immediately. This would make it impossible to set off explosives.

Assuming the antidote is for children, too, SF medics would rush into the building in bio-hazzard suits the moment the nerve agent has been released. Then it's a question of how much time they have between the attack and the antidote.

All of this is totally hypothetical and may be fiction for all I know, though I suspect it's a possibility.

They said that building is mined, and booby traps been set up.

Will be very difficult to enter/getout fast.