Sign in to follow this  
skeg_man

ADF SASR RELEASED v1.0

Yeh maybe, we'll see if people want the M60 version with Aussie Cam on it. This is what it was gonna be...

ADFS70A.jpg

Sorry Its a bit dark.

Yeah, I like the look of that, and its better than nothing biggrin_o.gif

I also noticed a bug that no one else has reported (as far as i know) - whenever any of the units use binoculars, they hold a set of night vision goggles up to their face in their left hand. Its also off centre and looks very strange rock.gif

this happens with the units that start with binoculars, and the units which dont start but have them added (this addweapon "binocular")

just to test, i also tried a normal bis officer - and his binoculars worked fine.

cheers

mick

sad_o.gif Bad news guys, the blackhawk won't be released. Due to only getting permission to edit the skins and not model  sad_o.gif  Maybe some time in the future. Anyways ill keep ya posted on any updates.

I could have told you that..

The only way is to edit the skin on the BAS UH-60L. THe model may not be changed. They said it was for a good reason and that we would find out some day. But that was a long time ago.

If BAS isn't doing jack shit anymore with their addons, then why stop others from picking up where they left?

I believe it was TJ that said he had a good reason for it (suggesting he will do something with the addon). I'm sure he has a good reason.

Remember that the infantry pack is totaly public with the release of their infantry construction kit. So it's not true that they keep everything away from you. I'll see if I can get more info on this.

If BAS isn't doing jack shit anymore with their addons, then why stop others from picking up where they left?

I agree it is sad, but we have had the argument already in the proper thread. I would recommend we keep it there.

@mick78 - Yeh its a config/LOD problem. I have no idea how to fix it. Everyone says Start a new model and config. I've done a new config, still the same thing. Im not prepared to do a new model. Thats for final release.

Yeh, who knows, all i know is that its allowed to be released around the time of OFP2. By then fellas, we won't want it. LoL, not even me.

Also the units 2nd release is going thro testing. Shall be uploaded soon. Also Im on 56k so its hard :P

hello guys,

pity about the release permissions but we may release the textures on the M60 version (UH-60L) to not let the work go to waiste. And on another not im having a look through the units and then after that they should be released so just hang tight ;)

wow_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  wow_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  wow_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  wow_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  wow_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

wow_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  wow_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  wow_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  wow_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  wow_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

Guys that looks freakn mad!!!

I want 'em all.

I really think we should talk to BAS about it...

meh, i guess not a lot we can do sad_o.gif

Once again, I'm very impressed guys and will be making every attempt to hurry you guys up ( tounge_o.gif ) so i can kill some more commies, this time with brand new Aussies!

hello again,

no problems about the nv goggles/binocular bug, you cant really notice it unless you see one of your own units doing it.

about the choppers.. what kind of chopper was it that was flying around the gold coast grand prix with the load master dude sitting in the back with a big 'show us your tits' sign?

iroquis or something like that? (is that just a fancy name for a huey?)

anyway - i think that would be a good australian chopper to have (with the sign i mean)  biggrin_o.gif   pics were in all the papers, so no doubt there'd be one around.

Cheers

mick

*edit* - oh yeah, and, are you going to make a hatless SASR guy for the normal camo? as well as those guys with the camo stuff around their heads? those guys are unique, and really good. and, could you include a beardless version of the guy in the peaked hat? i like the beard, but when you have three or four in your squad with all the same beard.. i dont ask for much hey crazy_o.gif but it is the christmas season smile_o.gif

thanks biggrin_o.gif

@mick78-Wot camo thing around there heads? which soldier is it? lol, also in the final release, ill do the other units in BUSH cam. I don't wanna delay this release anymore then wot i have to. Lol, but sure, ill do it on the final.

biggrin_o.gif

thud: yeah man, thats the chopper! and the photo i was referring to. i always thought that on the choppers, the side gunner did bugger all.. at least this way he is doing something useful! (just need some addons for good looking chicks and some animations... crazy_o.gif )

skeg - I mean the guys with the "shemagh" and the "hshemagh" - is this just something they wear for desert combat?

yeah - i dont want to delay your release either!

Ok. beer time.

MICK.

@Mick-Yeh the shemagh's are offten only used for DES combat. Due the the dust and sand blowing. Umm, maybe ill make a model for u and only u will have it. I've done that already. Anyways keep ya posted.

Ahh ok - I guessed as much - but thought that they may use them to help cover their heads for extra camo - and if you dont change the bright white standard bis face, anything helps rock.gif

Dont worry about the huey with the sign and the chicks with the good animations crazy_o.gif would take way too long im guessing.. ;)

ta daa.

mick.

(oh yeah, how long do you think till its all ready to rock? ignore me if im annoying, i go away eventually biggrin_o.gif )

Models look fantastic Skeg_man and the SABRE's textures are gorgeous. Haven't had a chance to test these units because I'm still waiting on my copy of Resistance (it's been discontinued in Australia so hold onto your copies) but they look great.

I still have your original SASR addon somewhere and it was one of my favorite mods. One thing I'd like to ask tho- what are the sounds like for the weapons pack from S&E (or BAS?) because I remember the original mod had terrific audio for the Minimi and the Mag 58.

Once again, props to you and the ADF team amd good luck in whaever you do in the future.

Models look fantastic Skeg_man and the SABRE's textures are gorgeous.  Haven't had a chance to test these units because I'm still waiting on my copy of Resistance (it's been discontinued in Australia so hold onto your copies) but they look great.

I still have your original SASR addon somewhere and it was one of my favorite mods.  One thing I'd like to ask tho- what are the sounds like for the weapons pack from S&E (or BAS?) because I remember the original mod had terrific audio for the Minimi and the Mag 58.

Once again, props to you and the ADF team amd good luck in whaever you do in the future.

first; welcome on board Mr Funktastic!

If you can you must indeed try to get your hands on Resistance. It opens the doors to a very large addon-community and allows you to play with any addon released.

I hope you have a good comp, since the quality has increased quite a bit over the years.

You still have the original SASR addon? crazy_o.gif

I remember that the ADF 2.0 (?) addon was the first soldier addon I downloaded for OFP. It was my favorite mod immediately. The new uniforms were nothing like the US woodland and looked fantastic.

But if you like those, you'll be blown away by the new ones smile_o.gif

Don't worry about the sounds. Those are damn good. The M249 sound is one of the best and is used a lot.

Haven't had a chance to test these units because I'm still waiting on my copy of Resistance (it's been discontinued in Australia so hold onto your copies)

There are a thread in the OGN forums about where to purchase Opf in Oz.....

http://forums.ogn.com.au/showthread.php?t=23281&page=2

We also have a thread in General.......

"Buying the game"

well guys here is a small update;

ive been working on re-doing my DPCU textures and ive switched to using the HYK Infantry model as the base model, instead of what we were going to use (LSR's Ranger).

New DPCU

Now before ya say it  tounge_o.gif  I havent changed the webbing, pouches, got rid of the gasmask or boot's yet i will do them next  smile_o.gif

thanks for sticking with the pack this far and i will try to update again soon.

Sabre

Wasn't the last realese also using HyK's units, or were you just using their helmet?