Sign in to follow this  
skeg_man

ADF SASR RELEASED v1.0

this one I guess;

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=5043

Quite old and crappy (using BIS model mostly). I hope they'll do a retexture of the BAS one and release that. That would be the best chopper.

Although I'm not sure if this is possible. STT said people can (with permission) retexture the chopper, but they are not allowed to change the model. THis is because of a jet unknown reason, which is said 'to be a good one which will bennefit us all on the long run' (?). Not sure what it is, but STT is a good guy so I trust him on this.

So if they'll do a retexture this would be the UH-60L (best choise) I guess. Would still be great though.

this one I guess;

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=5043

Quite old and crappy (using BIS model mostly). I hope they'll do a retexture of the BAS one and release that. That would be the best chopper.

Although I'm not sure if this is possible. STT said people can (with permission) retexture the chopper, but they are not allowed to change the model. THis is because of a jet unknown reason, which is said 'to be a good one which will bennefit us all on the long run' (?). Not sure what it is, but STT is a good guy so I trust him on this.

So if they'll do a retexture this would be the UH-60L (best choise) I guess. Would still be great though.

Wait a minute... i searched for addons and got this

The one in news section is way better, but I get some weird texture bugs with the crew.

Wait a minute... i searched for addons and got this

The one in news section is way better, but I get some weird texture bugs with the crew.

The one you found is from December 2001 biggrin_o.gif. I hope someone can make some good vehicles for use with Skeg and SASR's excellent units! ADF made some stuff, but I haven't heard from them in months sad_o.gif so I suppose they aren't going to update any of it rock.gif

I'd like to see more of them too. smile_o.gif

American and russians are nice and all, but its much more interesting to look at situations which might occur elsewhere. Indonesia at war with Australia, perhaps?

I Hope Not rock.gif

Finally got around to downloading the units Guys, Great Job, Im liking it Very promising and its great to too see some Oz units

BTW Is there a website? for this mod / team

and is that other ADF mod still active from ages ago? i lost the link crazy_o.gif

The ADF forums are still over at opflash.org... Good job on the units BTW.

Awsome units! I am going to do some SASR and Army Ranger Coop missions now. smile_o.gif

G'Day!!

Alrite ladies and gents! Just posting some info on wots been happening. I've fixed all major problems with the units (texture mapping, new damage textures) and also now textured the O2 Tank on the HALO unit. I've also fixed up all the weapons, and have new F88 and F89 models. I'm still in the process of makin the weapons "stand-alone" but i think even with this update you will still need S&E's Marines.

Ok, now heres the bad news. I'm heading off for a holiday in 9 days so there will be no news for a bit. When i do get back approx 18 days from wen i leave, i'll release the updates and also release my Aussie Mercanaries ;) They will come with custom FN FAL's and M4's.

Also after these releases, I may or may not release the LRPV that I have in the works. As I'm not to good with vechiles, and it needs a tad work. Anyways guys, keep the post comming!

Glad that ur all enjoing the Units.

So what's the bad news? I only read VERY good news!!!!!

A possible release date (somewhere around/after 10 october), news about all bugs fixed, release of mercs, standalone weapons and progress on them, news on the tank and Halo-unit, news on a LRPV and finally some new weapons also (FAL and M4).

WTF!! That's enough news to keep me bussy for a few weeks. Keep up the great work!!! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

also on vehicles i have a couple of things on the way a M1A1 and M113 also reedwasere has made a Tiger chopper which shouldnt be too far and is looking real nice wink_o.gif

I was playing around with the snipers and i noticed a couple of little bugs (youve probably sorted up by now anyway.) - they dont engage at a distance, they have to get up and close with the target.

I switched the adf units with BIS and BAS snipers and they were firing fine at long range.

Also the Desert spotter, cant reload his gun, it stays empty even though there are clips in the inventory.

still a great pack though.

@kerosene - Thanx man, i fixed up the problem with the Spotters weapons but im still trying to fix the Snipers up. Im pretty sure its a config problem. I'm workin on it tho :P

Heck, Im no smart cookie at configs. Ill check it out and get it all fixed. Hmmmm rock.gif Altho my configs are copied of the BAS ones?!?! Anyways, must get back to it.

You probably copied the MP5 section and used it for the sniperrifle than? biggrin_o.gif

It's easy to check. A config file (if written correctly) is not a difficult thing. It's very easy to locate the problem (in a weapon-config file at least)

any chance of jam compatible?really love to have these able to use jam ammo like the adf mod?

Im ah, just going to be a little bit picky here about, well a couple of things...only because im 7 years as an australian army infantryman. Mostly just aesthtetic things that get me

1st off you got diggers wearing BOTH chest rigs/m42 battle bras as well as belt kit. its either one or the other..

2nd you've got in the menu selection... 2 RAR Para's...which isnt true because 3 RAR is the parachute regiment.

someone said something about oakleys...yeah well at least make them black frames...is against the standing orders of dress if anything other than black frames and reflective lenses...bit of trivia

these are just off the top of my head but finally...beanies....they aren't really part of the uniform...its either bonnie hat or kevlar...but you have the right to artistic licence  biggrin_o.gif

thats all i'll say apart from great job...bout time there was some kick ass ADF troops stomping over everon. keep up the good work and dare i say it the authenticity  tounge_o.gif

ok thansk for your honesty..

the 2RAR Para to 3RAR change was already happening smile_o.gif

We will see what becomes of the rest anyway thanks for the info wink_o.gif

The F88 makes my crash, but not the other units. I made sure to have all the requested addons. Someone could help me? ...please?

Quote[/b] ]someone said something about oakleys...yeah well at least make them black frames...is against the standing orders of dress if anything other than black frames and reflective lenses...bit of trivia
This is indeed correct. Te military forces in Irak are forbidden to wear sunglasses with reflective lenses. The locals believe that you can look through cloting with them. So anyone wearing them must by a pervert trying to look through the clothing of their women ( crazy_o.gif ). Odd but true.
Quote[/b] ]these are just off the top of my head but finally...beanies....they aren't really part of the uniform...its either bonnie hat or kevlar...but you have the right to artistic licence
They are SF. SF have the right to choose their own gear. I'm sure that towel around the head isen't a part of the uniform, but it's still seen quite often.

HEY ALL!

Its been a while since i've been on! Reason; Net went down. Anyways just a few quickies, I've updated most problems for wot i can see! The release will be in a few weeks as I am going for a holiday (well earned break). Also Sabre, Its in the mail! If it fits!! ;oP  Hope everyone's doing good. Talk very soon, I'm sure :oD

Adios Guys