Sign in to follow this  
SpeedyDonkey

World cup 2004

@ Sep. 07 2004,21:43)]
crappy performance Finland put up today.

Heh talking about crappy performance biggrin_o.gif

But the thing is that Sweden was better today than Finland was against Germany..

I agree, Finlands performance was very bad... In this match the Czechs were just too good to be true! I admit, Sweden did no good game, quite the opposite. But we weren't pushed back in the manner the Finns were against Germany.

Well, congrats to the Czechs. And Jagr biggrin_o.gif

Germany had a strong defensive strategy and their goaltender had a good day. Finland could have done better too. tounge_o.gif

I agree, Finlands performance was very bad... In this match the Czechs were just too good to be true! I admit, Sweden did no good game, quite the opposite. But we weren't pushed back in the manner the Finns were against Germany.

Well, congrats to the Czechs. And Jagr biggrin_o.gif

Finland was as good as Germany.. They did what was needed and their win wasn't unfair. Sweden on the otherhand was run over by a far better Czech team. Sweden was humiliated by the skilled Czech attackers. The result is there to proove it..

The reason why Finland played worse than Sweden but still won their game is spelled Germany. The Germans are simply very bad while the Czechs played brilliant

...Mumble mumble... huh.gifsad_o.gif The Czechs played pretty good...

Finland beat the Czechs 4-0 in the first game. So, either Czech played a better game or Sweden was just bad. Or both of those. wink_o.gif

Depending on the game today they may be playing the US. After last nights game the said the US will be playing either the Finns or Czechs on Friday.

Depending on the game today they may be playing the US. After last nights game the said the US will be playing either the Finns or Czechs on Friday.

I think that the Finns will play the lowest ranked team in the North American pool.. So if Canada beats Slovakia which they should Finland will play against USA.

Keith Tkachuk.....4 goals.....booyah!

I'm really surprised that Robert Eche is playing as well as he is between the pipes....he looked good last night.

Tkachuk had an assist as well, and Eche played well in the opener against Canada as well as last night. I am trying to enjoy this tourney as much as possible since there seems to be no progress in the labor dispute in the NHL and it's looking like a lockout/strike is gonna happen for sure mad_o.gif

I am trying to enjoy this tourney as much as possible since there seems to be no progress in the labor dispute in the NHL and it's looking like a lockout/strike is gonna happen for sure mad_o.gif

Yay for a totally superior MoDo this year! (Peter Forsberg, Tommy Salo, the brothers Sedin and a few other high-profile Swedes and Yanks are most probably going to MoDo if a lockdown occurs)

Which will be a deathblow for any other team in the Swedish hockey league smile_o.gif

Superbly played game by the Finns smile_o.gif

Everyone performed great but Jokinen was outstanding.

VICTORY!

Outstanding game "Lions"!

Good spirited fight that brought those 'older chaps' to their knees ;) This was so nail-biting it was almost unbearable to watch, hopefully I will survive that final on tuesday night somehow...

Surprisingly clean game though it was tight, couple of brawls and Koivu being sticked in the ass while going to the bench that got him also penalty and a tripping on almost breakaway situation with no penalty given. And some wrestling by Jason Blake. Elbowing by berg in the end made this match really dramatic but despite worst fears it ended up nicely. I was fearing that audience still was going to rally them with terryfying 'USA! USA!' cheers in the end as earlier in the game when players instantly electrified into action after hearing it.

It was spectacular game despite some uneventful broken gameplay sometimes on 1st and 2nd period. Tactically looked quite mature game by the Finnish team as puck control seemed more restrained and risk-avoiding than usual. And most remarkably: more physical game by the Finns than I've seen for ages. They went in with a rought attitude. Some spectacular saves by Kiprusoff especially. USA's 1st line was great but Finnish 1st line was mostly uninspired for the first 2 periods. Jokinen's line with T.Ruutu was unarguably best and really fought fiercly for the puck. Good show though it seemed the US team flashed it's remarkable 'carousel' only a few times and were pretty stiff overall and somewhat lacked the hunger. Anyway great game - now onwards to finals!  unclesam.gif

@ Sep. 10 2004,21:39)]Yesssssss take that US M***********S

rock.gif

What's up with that?

Anyway, you Swedes are lucky that some of our NHLers are coming over there....I forget which team he picked, but if there's a lockout Joe Thornton is heading over too - he's like one of 5 Bruins with talent this year, so a lockout might not be that bad.  It would at least keep me from having to watch the B's wallow in their own managerial stupidity (Rolston, McGillis, Demore, Rolston, Knuble, O'Donnell and probably Murray...all gone to free agency) mad_o.gif

rock.gif

What's up with that?

You're not the only one who was offended by that... icon8.gif

rock.gif

What's up with that?

Well, it's sports we're talking about.

It's not about the victory, but seeing your enemies driven before you and hearing lamentation of their women biggrin_o.gif

bananadance.gif

rock.gif

What's up with that?

You're not the only one who was offended by that... icon8.gif

Thats nothing compared to the insults flung at fin vs. swe matches so be glad. wink_o.gif

Anyway, you Swedes are lucky that some of our NHLers are coming over there

Yes, it will make our already boring national league even more boring with superior players on some teams smile_o.gif

And yes, the "US <insert lots of stars here>" is mild compared to what gets said after or during Fin vs. Swe games. My mothers grandfather got a heartattack during a Fin vs. Swe game, and was taunted for ages by his Finnish friends tounge_o.gif