Sign in to follow this  
Zombie_Mod

Questions on unified zombie mod

hey i was wondering if there was a zombie animation pack with the zombies, because i remeber that the old pack had it................... ( ghostface.gif )  and if there was can i get it?  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

And the current pack has animations too!!

ZombieAnims.pbo

The animations are just hidden, that's all.

I'm not going to name them because I expect to remove some soon, and I don't want you using them OK? smile_o.gif

why is glballtargets = [P1] + thislist (in a trigger) not working? would save me alot of time...  tounge_o.gif

Dunno:

Why not use the alternative:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

"gblAllTargets = gblAllTargets +[_x]" foreach thislist

mhm, ill use that instead smile_o.gif

BUG REPORT

Known bugs in script update release candidate 1:

1. When using headless zombie, premove.sqs script is missing.

2. Zombies apply inappropriate damage values to targets. For example, a zombie will use an APCs damage value when attacking a human.

3. Zombies that are 6m away from a target may not attack. There is a bug in OFP DoMove where a human (in our case, zombie) unit will not move to an exact location (ie: getpos Player) if the AI considers the unit already "close enough".

You cannot make the zombie jump on the human from 6m away, that's just crazy, so code will be written to make zombie edge closer to target.

WHATS NEW FOR SCRIPT UPGRADE RELEASE CANDIDATE 2

1. All the bugs above are addressed.

2. Zombies can now attack buildings.

3. Individual event handlers can be turned ON or OFF.

4. GblOnAttack event handler added.

5. GblOnBuildingHit event handler added.

I have a quick question for ya, it may have already been answered and i do apologize if thats the case.

I am using the "set your own variables" method and i understand it all good enough. What i wanted to ask was where do the humans go to get resurrected after they have been attacked? i have a game logic that has them always resurrect and i have a game logic set for 10 seconds as the wait time for them to resurrect but what happens is they die and then get deleted, do i need to setup a respawn marker for them?

plz splain to me???

crazy_o.gif

Hi all,

I have prob with the EH "gblOnZombieDeath" and "gblOnZombieResurrect", I have set them exactly like explain in the Zombie Mod Event Handlers tuto (find in this thread) but they are never triggered... Same results when add a Hint "Something" in the 2 scripts:"zombiedeath.sqs" and "Resurrect.sqs", I never see the hint message sad_o.gif

Help me PLZ crazy_o.gif

OnZombieDeath - this is only called when the zombie dies once and for all (ie: it won't be resurrected) - if you are using HARD game settings then this is never called. What game settings are you using?

As for the gblOnZombieResurrect, that should execute??  rock.gif

Just as well I have a script upgrade coming tonight eh? biggrin_o.gif

OnZombieDeath - this is only called when the zombie dies once and for all (ie: it won't be resurrected) - if you are using HARD game settings then this is never called. What game settings are you using?

As for the gblOnZombieResurrect, that should execute??  rock.gif

Just as well I have a script upgrade coming tonight eh? biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for fast reply smile_o.gif

Okay for the "gblOnZombieDeath" but for the "OnZombieResurrect" I assume you he don't execute "Resurrect.sqs" sad_o.gif

In fact, I want to launch a script each time a zombie resurrect like this: [zombie] exec "script.sqs"

Right,

script RELEASE CANDIDATE 2 IS OUT!!!

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

ZOMBIE MOD SCRIPT RELEASE CANDIDATE 2, 8 NOVEMBER 2004.

SCRIPTS (C) 2004 SCOTT TUNSTALL (scott.tunstall@ntlworld.com) - DO NOT COPY OR TRANSMIT ANY OF THE CODE WITHOUT MY EXPRESS PERMISSION.

THIS SCRIPT RELEASE CANDIDATE IS TO BE CONSIDERED A STABLE BETA, WHICH MEANS IT MAY OR MAY NOT BE THE FINISHED ARTICLE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

PLEASE VISIT www.unifiedzombiemod.wz.cz FOR MORE INFORMATION ON SCRIPT UPGRADES AND FAQs!!!

BUG REPORT FOR RELEASE CANDIDATE 1 (the previous release)

=========================================================

Known bugs in script update release candidate 1:

1. When using headless zombie, premove.sqs script is missing.

2. Zombies apply inappropriate damage values to targets. For example, a zombie will use an APCs damage value when attacking a human.

3. Zombies that are 6m away from a target may not attack. There is a bug in OFP DoMove where a human (in our case, zombie) unit will not move to an exact location (ie: getpos Player) if the AI considers the unit already "close enough".

You cannot make the zombie jump on the human from 6m away, that's just crazy, so code will be written to make zombie edge closer to target.

WHATS NEW FOR SCRIPT UPGRADE RELEASE CANDIDATE 2

================================================

1. All the bugs in RC1 are addressed.

2. Zombies can now attack buildings.

3. Individual event handlers can be turned ON or OFF.

4. GblOnAttack event handler added.

5. GblOnBuildingHit event handler added.

Check www.unifiedzombiemod.wz.cz or farmland.ofpcentral.com for HowTos and more information!!

All zombie mod bug reports should be POSTED in the following thread:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=7;t=42005;st=75

A WORD FROM THE AUTHOR:

=======================

I hope you enjoy this product. It has been a year's worth of work (whoo, a year already!) and only now am I reaching the situation where the zombies are behaving as I want them to behave! If you have any suggestions on what next for the zombie mod (tip: anything Resident evil is unwelcome :) ) please post requests in the following thread:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=4;t=36295;st=0

Best wishes,

Scott Tunstall B.Sc

And i already printed that entire topic as wel;, it was actually working and when i copied the "fake" east guys into a new mission they ended up in the water instead of a safe place. Oh well, it's always something simple and you spend an entire day banging your head on your desk screaming "Why won't you work, damn you"

I will be sure to grab this latest update as soon as i get home tonight. Just one thing, if you kill a zombie by removing its head how do you kill a headless zombie?rock.gif

j/k tounge_o.gif

I got your update and now in my campaign i have noticed the zombies have all stopped moving, they just stand around now. I havent changed a thing to any of the missions.

I got same prob after updating....I erased the logic game unit setting the difficulty and replace it, and it's work fine now ! smile_o.gif

How to make zombies still moan after resurrect ?

I need a script that make random zombies moan, using the files "FurCoatGuy1", "FurCoatGuy2", "FurCoatGuy3", "Woman1Moan1" and "Woman2Moan1" of the Zombie Mod Sfx pack.

[FAR]-Warrior already make a script that work fine at the beginning but the zombies no more moan after resurrect !? sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

_zombie = _this select 0

#initialisation

?(!alive _zombie):goto "pause"

goto "debut"

#pause

~30

#debut

#verif

? (alive _zombie):goto "init"

~1

goto "initialisation"

#init

n=0

m=random 30

#loop

~1

n=n+1

?n<m:goto "loop"

?n>m:goto "grogne"

#grogne

z=random 4

?z<1:_zombie say "FurCoatGuy1"

?z>=1 && z<2:_zombie say "FurCoatGuy2"

?z>=2 && z<3:_zombie say "FurCoatGuy3"

?z>=3 && z<4:_zombie say "Woman1Moan1"

?z>=4:_zombie say "Woman2Moan1"

goto "debut"

...And in the init field of each zombies for launch it: [this] exec "Moan.sqs"

Thanks in advance ;)

-Reaper @ Nov. 10 2004,06:28)]I got same prob after updating....I erased the logic game unit setting the difficulty and replace it, and it's work fine now ! smile_o.gif

Thanks, i will try it.

-Reaper @ Nov. 10 2004,11:59)]How to make zombies still moan after resurrect ?

I need a script that make random zombies moan, using the files "FurCoatGuy1", "FurCoatGuy2", "FurCoatGuy3", "Woman1Moan1" and "Woman2Moan1" of the Zombie Mod Sfx pack.

[FAR]-Warrior already make a script that work fine at the beginning but the zombies no more moan after resurrect !? sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

_zombie = _this select 0

#initialisation

?(!alive _zombie):goto "pause"

goto "debut"

#pause

~30

#debut

#verif

? (alive _zombie):goto "init"

~1

goto "initialisation"

#init

n=0

m=random 30

#loop

~1

n=n+1

?n<m:goto "loop"

?n>m:goto "grogne"

#grogne

z=random 4

?z<1:_zombie say "FurCoatGuy1"

?z>=1 && z<2:_zombie say "FurCoatGuy2"

?z>=2 && z<3:_zombie say "FurCoatGuy3"

?z>=3 && z<4:_zombie say "Woman1Moan1"

?z>=4:_zombie say "Woman2Moan1"

goto "debut"

...And in the init field of each zombies for launch it: [this] exec "Moan.sqs"

Thanks in advance ;)

When zombies "resurrect" you have to understand it's not the same zombie that is resurrecting.

What happens when a zombie dies is the following:

1. Original zombie is deleted.

2. New zombie created at getpos originalzombie

So, if your moan script is referencing the old zombie after step 2, that's why it won't work.

Here's how I'd solve the problem:

1. On the server, name your players p1,p2 etc.

Execute a script ON THE SERVER (from a game logic, perhaps) to initialise the public variables we'll need.

; Setup.sqs

publicvariable zombie;

publicvariable snd;

publicvariable Go;

publicvariable p1ack;

publicvariable p2ack;

Go = false;

p1ack = false;

p2ack = false;

2. On each client run the following

?local server: exit

#main

@Go

? Player!=p1: goto "p2"

? !p1ack: zombie say snd; p1ack=true

goto "main"

#p2

? Player!=p2: goto "wtf"

? !p2ack: zombie say snd; p2ack=true

goto "main"

#wtf

hint "Who the fuck are you? Get out of my code! :) "

exit

3. Now, to make zombies "speak" on all clients, execute the following on the SERVER

zombie = _this select 0

snd = _this select 1

@!go

go = true

; Wait for clients to acknowledge receipt of the sound instruction

; when p1ack and p2ack are set TRUE we know all

; clients have processed the sound instructions.

@p1ack

@p2ack

go=false

p1ack = false

p2ack = false

exit

Important notice

With RELEASE CANDIDATE 2 ONWARDS (yes, this applies to 3, 4 etc) if you are making changes to any variables, you MUST wait til gblInitDone is set to == 1!!

Why wait for GblInitdone?

If you alter any reserved zombie mod global variable BEFORE gblInitDone is ==1, then the chances are your variable will be CHANGED or CORRUPT.

The following initialisation code is executed when any game logic is placed on the map. The code is executed once, and only once, per game. Only when the initialisation completes, is gblInitDone set to 1.  

? (gblInitDone == 1) || (gblInitInProgress==1): exit

gblInitInProgress = 1

; Do one time initialisation

gblZombieList = []

gblHealthList = []

gblBitList = []

gblGroupList = []

; ================

; For zombie mod 4

;

gblGravPointList = []

gblResurrectTargets = 1

; Disable event handlers

gblEventHandlers=0

gblOnAttack = "."

gblOnHumanHit = "."

gblOnCarHit = "."

gblOnAPCHit = "."

gblOnTankHit = "."

gblOnBuildingHit = "."

gblOnZombieDeath = "."

gblOnZombieResurrect = "."

; Kick off active target monitoring daemon

[] exec {\zombiescripts\monitortargets.sqs}

gblInitDone = 1

gblInitInProgress = 0

exit

Note 1: Observe how all event handlers in RC2 are turned off by setting each event handler global variable to "."

Note 2: gblGravPointList[] array is not used in the current zombie mod, but will (probably) be used later. Do NOT use this array for local storage.

PS: A daemon is a "continually running process" biggrin_o.gif

Hi there, i only recently realised i had an account here, so i decided to post my questions as i just started using this addon, which i might add, is bloody good.

i havent had time to read through the ENTIRE thread, and its a bit hard, considering im on dialup and only on once (maybe twice) a week.

so, can someone help me here, without telling me to go back into and look through the thread? please? here's my questions:

1) in my mission, i'd like to make some zombies respawn while others dont, how would i do this? (maybe 2 in 5 zombies respawn, for instance.)

2) is there a command to make my zombie's stronger, as in take more pain? i dont want to fuss around with too many code to get it working. so, in the current zombie / ofp versions, is there a simple script i can type to change the damage variables?

3) zombies dont attack immediatly. somtimes they just stand and face in the opposite direction for up to 15 seconds before they react. if im playing with AI, my AI will kill them within 5 - 8 seconds. (depending on how many zombies are around, of course.) Is there some way to make them "instantly" alert? so the moment they start / spawn they are already hunting thier victims down? just wondering.

can someone answer these questions ASAP? at the moment im on dialup and can only connect once on a weekend D: thanks.

Hi there, i only recently realised i had an account here, so i decided to post my questions as i just started using this addon, which i might add, is bloody good.

i havent had time to read through the ENTIRE thread, and its a bit hard, considering im on dialup and only on once (maybe twice) a week.

so, can someone help me here, without telling me to go back into and look through the thread? please? here's my questions:

1) in my mission, i'd like to make some zombies respawn while others dont, how would i do this? (maybe 2 in 5 zombies respawn, for instance.)

2) is there a command to make my zombie's stronger, as in take more pain? i dont want to fuss around with too many code to get it working. so, in the current zombie / ofp versions, is there a simple script i can type to change the damage variables?

3) zombies dont attack immediatly. somtimes they just stand and face in the opposite direction for up to 15 seconds before they react. if im playing with AI, my AI will kill them within 5 - 8 seconds. (depending on how many zombies are around, of course.) Is there some way to make them "instantly" alert? so the moment they start / spawn they are already hunting thier victims down? just wondering.

can someone answer these questions ASAP? at the moment im on dialup and can only connect once on a weekend D: thanks.

2. no (unless u unpbo the thing and change the config.cpp)

3. they do that in the newest version right....? rock.gif

1. Some zombies respawn, but others not..

OK, sounds easy enough.

Where do you want them to respawn? Any particular place?

right, lets assume you want a batch of 5 zombies to spawn at a particular gamelogic location. For the purposes of this example, open up the map editor, create a game logic and call it ZOMBIESPAWN.

Create a group that has only one zombie and type this in the leader's initialisation string

zombiegroup=group this

Press ALT+TAB to go back into windows.

Open up notepad.

Type the following code in:

_zombiesIwannaspawn = ["zombieex1", "zombieex2", "zombieex3", "zombieex4", "zombieex5"]

_y = 0

#lp

? _y >= count _zombiesIwannaspawn: exit

_u = _zombiesIwannaspawn select _y

_u CreateUnit [getpos ZOMBIESPAWN, zombiegroup]

~1

_y = _y + 1

goto "lp"

Save the file in your mission directory as spawn.sqs

Then create a trigger, activated by ANYBODY, NOT PRESENT. In the On Activation field put this code:

[] exec "spawn.sqs"

et voila! 5 zombies spawned.

Question 2:

do a search for toughunit.sqs on OFPEC.

Question 3:

Unfortunately the zombie's AI is such that it takes a long time to initialise. If I could make them react immediately, I would.

EDIT: in RC3 (download from my site) the zombies are fast to react, oh yes!! They run at you almost immediately.

What is the "Resurrection deamon" game logic ? And how to use it ?

-Reaper @ Nov. 22 2004,22:26)]What is the "Resurrection deamon" game logic ? And how to use it ?

What it does is set up human to zombie equivalent mappings in the gblHuman2ZombieMap array, if you want to write your own resurrection code. MEDIUM and HARD game logics automatically call this.

If you are setting global variables manually, without any difficulty level game logics, and you want resurrection, you will need to use the Resurrection Daemon.

See link in my farmland sig to see how gblHuman2ZombieMap is actually used by the mod.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Something I forgot to tell you all.

With RC3 (from www.unifiedzombiemod.wz.cz) you can tweak how fast the zombies acquire targets!!

The gblZombieEvalTime global variable is an integer from 1..infinity. The higher the number you put in gblZombieEvalTime, the slower the zombie reacts to humans.

The difficulty level game logics set the gblZombieEvalTime parameter. Unfortunately I have messed up with the values I assigned for each difficulty level, and I will change these values in RC4 - be ready for this change. IT IS BEST YOU SET gblZombieEvalTime YOURSELF VIA A TRIGGER!!!!

For ZOMBIE MOD - HARD GAME:

gblZombieEvalTime is set to 6. Complete crap, the zombies couldn't catch a cold. This will be changed to 2 or 3.

ZOMBIE MOD - MEDIUM GAME:

gblZombieEvalTime = 10 - absolutely pathetic! This should be 5 or 6.

ZOMBIE MOD - EASY GAME:

gblZombieEvalTime = 12 - totally awful. This should be 9 or 10.

-Reaper @ Nov. 22 2004,22:26)]What is the "Resurrection deamon" game logic ? And how to use it ?

What it does is set up human to zombie equivalent mappings in the gblHuman2ZombieMap array, if you want to write your own resurrection code.  MEDIUM and HARD game logics automatically call this.

If you are setting global variables manually, without any difficulty level game logics, and you want resurrection, you will need to use the Resurrection Daemon.

See link in my farmland sig to see how gblHuman2ZombieMap is actually used by the mod.

Okay thanks for explanation ;)