Sign in to follow this  
Zombie_Mod

Questions on unified zombie mod

having a little problem. created zombies do not respond on the glbaltargetas = [player] command. dunno why

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

#creates a zombie thats 3 meters up and 3 meters right of the player

_zombie2 = "ZombieEx2" createUnit [[(getpos g1 select 0) + 3,(getpos g1 select 1) - 3,0], zombiegroup]

#creates a zombie thats 3 meters down and 3 meters right of the player

_zombie3 = "ZombieEx5" createUnit [[(getpos g1 select 0) - 3,(getpos g1 select 1) - 3,0], zombiegroup]

#creates a zombie thats 3 meters up and 3 meters left of the player

_zombie4 = "ZombieEx8" createUnit [[(getpos g1 select 0) - 3,(getpos g1 select 1) + 3,0], zombiegroup]

#tells all the zombies to face the player

_zombie2 dowatch player

_zombie3 dowatch player

_zombie4 dowatch player

~5

gblAllTargets = [P2,p1,p3,p4,p5,p6,p7,p8,p9,p10,p11,p12]; enableradio false

exit

zombiegroup is a gamelogic were I typed <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">zombiegroup=group this

having a little problem. created zombies do not respond on the glbaltargetas = [player] command. dunno why

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

#creates a zombie thats 3 meters up and 3 meters right of the player

_zombie2 = "ZombieEx2" createUnit [[(getpos g1 select 0) + 3,(getpos g1 select 1) - 3,0], zombiegroup]

#creates a zombie thats 3 meters down and 3 meters right of the player

_zombie3 = "ZombieEx5" createUnit [[(getpos g1 select 0) - 3,(getpos g1 select 1) - 3,0], zombiegroup]

#creates a zombie thats 3 meters up and 3 meters left of the player

_zombie4 = "ZombieEx8" createUnit [[(getpos g1 select 0) - 3,(getpos g1 select 1) + 3,0], zombiegroup]

#tells all the zombies to face the player

_zombie2 dowatch player

_zombie3 dowatch player

_zombie4 dowatch player

~5

gblAllTargets = [P2,p1,p3,p4,p5,p6,p7,p8,p9,p10,p11,p12]; enableradio false

exit

zombiegroup is a gamelogic were I typed  <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">zombiegroup=group this

[Player] is only a unit for single player missions.

For multiplayer, [Player] is local - in short, don't use it.

but they're not responding to the glballtargets = [] and this is in mission editor so. there was a mission called escape i think. coop, they created zombies.

*edi

not using glballtargets = [player]. using glballtargets = [p1,p2,p3,p4,p5,p6,p7,p8,p9]

but they're not responding to the glballtargets = [] and this is in mission editor so. there was a mission called escape i think. coop, they created zombies.

*edi

not using glballtargets = [player]. using glballtargets = [p1,p2,p3,p4,p5,p6,p7,p8,p9]

gblAllTargets = []

and they do nothing?

Hmm, OK... that's a defect. Duly noted!

It will be fixed for the next version of zombie mod. I may release the fix this week.

Thanks for your bug report.

I was hoping to make it through all of the zombie

updates without getting stumped, but I finally have.

If someone could PM me a simple example editor

mission showing how the resurrect works, I'd be

much obliged. Thanks in advance!

I am completely new to this mod and i luv it. But i have a few questions. Some of it are already answered in this topic like how do zombies attack me.

But the new zombie pack should attack (drag and drop it sais)

(http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=4;t=36295;st=0)

But i drag and drop and no attack so i use the gblAllTargets thingie.

My second question is how to make it easy/medium or hard. i used search but couldnt find it anywhere.

My third is, the zombies attack me and start hitting me, but i dont die. Only when i toss a grenade on the floor. tounge_o.gif

I also got the zombie sfx pack, and put that .pbo file in the res/addon directory like i did with the other zombie stuff. But how do i get the zombie sounds?

And why does the doomsday campaign not work. I use all the addons i need but i keeps going back to the main menu

Thanks, and i luv zombies

good that you don't just need to "drag and drop". then u couldn't deside witch unit they should attack.

to make'em stronger I think it is.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">gbldammage = 0.1

for easy game check the gamelogics.

for medium game check the gamelogics.

for hard game check the gamelogics.

for recuntruktion deamon check the gamelogics.

zombie sounds are at effects on a trigger.

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif easy stuffs

Thx man. I try go make multi player mission where 1000 zombies run to the players. I luv zombies. But first i now go watch Evil dead series and dawn of dead

I am completely new to this mod and i luv it. But i have a few questions. Some of it are already answered in this topic like how do zombies attack me.

But the new zombie pack should attack (drag and drop it sais)

(http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=4;t=36295;st=0)

But i drag and drop and no attack so i use the gblAllTargets thingie.

My second question is how to make it easy/medium or hard. i used search but couldnt find it anywhere.

My third is, the zombies attack me and start hitting me, but i dont die. Only when i toss a grenade on the floor.  tounge_o.gif

I also got the zombie sfx pack, and put that .pbo file in the res/addon directory like i did with the other zombie stuff. But how do i get the zombie sounds?

And why does the doomsday campaign not work. I use all the addons i need but i keeps going back to the main menu

Thanks, and i luv zombies

Hi

To make the game easy, medium or hard, place a ZOMBIE MOD GAME LOGIC unit down on the map. Oh I see some kind soul has already answered lol - I'll shut up smile_o.gif

To make the zombies hurt you when they attack, use gblZombieDamage global variable. This is the amount of damage a zombie does to a HUMAN target.

This variable ranges from 0 to 1.

0 mean "no damage done when hit by zombie" (a bit useless) to 1, which means 1 hit from zombie will kill a human.

There are other global variables you can edit, this is taken from the readme.txt

GLOBAL VARIABLES

================

gblInitDone = 0 if the zombie subsystem is not initialised, 1 if it is. The zombie initialisation resets the contents of arrays, and performs other "one-time" initialisation. You MUST wait for this value to be set to 1 before tweaking ANY of the other global variables or arrays. Placing/ CreateUnit'ing  a zombie on a map, and having a game logic named SERVER will automatically initialise the zombie engine- how long it takes depends on how fast your computer is though :)

gblIndestructibleZombies = are zombies indestructible (0 or 1, 1 means "yes")

gblZombieResrWait = (0.. infinite) - real number determining how long, in seconds, an indestructible zombie should lay on the ground, before getting up again? You can have fun with this...

gblHumanResProbability = (0 .. 1) - real number. The probability of a human coming back as a zombie from 0 to 1. Fractional values allowed. 0 means "human stays dead forever", 1 means "human always comes back as a zombie". .50 means "50/50 chance" etc etc.

gblHumanResrWait= (0..infinite) - real number determining how long (in seconds) should a human stay dead before he/she comes back as a zombie?

gblZombieDamage = real number from 0..1  (zombie damage to humans: 0 = none, .5 = half damage, 1 = 1 hit one kill )

gblHealthDrain = THIS VARIABLE IS OBSOLETE. DO NOT USE!!!

gblZombieCarDamage = real number from 0..1   (how much damage a zombie can inflict on a car, per hit. . 0 = none, 1 = 1 hit one kill .5 = 2 hits etc, .2 = 5 hits yawn yawn)

gblZombieAPCDamage = real number from 0..1   (for APCs.)

gblZombieTankDamage = real number from 0..1    (for Tanks.)

gblZombieDelPause = x (how many seconds before zombies are deleted from map when they are killed. 0 = deleted the moment they are killed again. Set to long value if you want them to never be deleted. REMEMBER: OFP has a finite limit of units & groups (12 x 64) that can be created at one time - it is recommended that zombies are deleted to reduce lag and allow other units to be created!)

NEW FOR ZOMBIE MOD BETA 3

gblGroupList - a list of EAST groups that can be used for "killed" humans to be assigned to, when they become zombies.

How to make zombies moan and groan?

Again, this is explained in the sound fx readme.txt

Name your zombie MYZOMBIE

then in the initialisation string put:

MYZOMBIE say "FurCoatGuy1"

Your zombie will now moan.

Yes, you can also use triggers to produce moans, but the triggers don't make units themselves "speak", like the say command does.

WARNING: The Say command is LOCAL. That means if you create a Multiplayer game and use Say from a GAMELOGIC or a TRIGGER, it won't execute on every player's machine. You will need to create a script that runs locally, to make the zombies "moan".

I would say, off the top of my head, that you should create a public variable called gblZombieMoanList, and the server will add zombie units and moan sounds to this list, deleting them once all clients have returned an acknowledgement (setting another public variable)

e.g.

gblZombieMoanList = gblZombieMoanList + [[zombie1, "zombiewomanmoan1"], ["zombie2, "zombiewomanmoan2"]

at the client end, process the items in this list.

I was hoping to make it through all of the zombie

updates without getting stumped, but I finally have.  

If someone could PM me a simple example editor

mission showing how the resurrect works, I'd be

much obliged.  Thanks in advance!

Has someone helped you with this yet?

For resurrection:

1. Place a WEST unit and make it PLAYER.

2. Place a ZOMBIE unit.

3. Put the ZOMBIE MOD - HARD GAME game logic on the map.

4. Now create a normal GAME LOGIC unit, name it SERVER, and put as the initialisation string:

gblAllTargets = [Player]

When you shoot the zombie, it will always get back up...

Thx for the replies. I really love this mod as i adore zombies. I can't wait to tell my brother about this when i see him, as he also is into the zombie things.

@ Zombie_Mod

I should have been more specific. I can't get the fallen victims to come back as zombies. I'm sorry I didn't explain better sad_o.gif

Thanks for your time.

BUG REPORT

Known bugs as of 11 September 2004:

1) Crawler has white face.

This is due to a missing texture. The next zombie mod will fix this.

2) If you shoot zombies when gblIndestructibleZombies is set to 1, your team mates may shoot you.

This is because zombies that "get up" after being apparently "killed" are actually new zombies createunit'd on the spot. The "killed" zombie is deleted. The new zombies join grpNull and this appears to be a civilian group - I guess your team doesn't like you killing friendlies!!!!

This is being addressed for the next zombie mod patch.

3) Zombies with damage of 0 don't have blood on them.

This is because some zombies are just civilian models with damage of 0.8 - any lower and they appear "intact". This isn't a bug as such but rather a way to avoid bundling "gore" models of civilians with the zombie mod.

1) Fixed.

2) Fixed. Used addrating to make resurrected zombies in grpNull "everyone's enemy"

3) Fixed for zombie mod 2. We will be using brand new models, and not civilian models.

@ Zombie_Mod

I should have been more specific.  I can't get the fallen victims to come back as zombies.  I'm sorry I didn't explain better  sad_o.gif

Thanks for your time.

This may be because you're using all the unit slots in every EAST group present.

Every EAST group you're using has 12 zombies in it, I bet. Am I right? There needs to be a temporary spare slot in at least one EAST zombie group, or they won't resurrect.

You can help the zombie mod system by adding "empty" groups containing unused groups to the gblGroupList array.

Create an EAST unit that is attached to no other groups and name it UNUSED. Then create a game logic that executes this code:

gblGroupList = gblGroupList + [group UNUSED]

The 11 empty spaces in the UNUSED group will be used for resurrecting the dead.

If that doesn't work, what type of unit has been killed? Is it just a standard OFP unit, or a 3rd party addon? 3rd party addons are not supported sad_o.gif

Can you put this in the unit's initialisation string and post the resulting chat message on this page?

guy=this; this globalchat format["%1", typeof guy]

Thanks

Zombie Mod.

A message I received in email.

Quote[/b] ]

I Have been making zombie missions all weekend since you kindly directed me to

the correct forum.  I downloaded the latest zombie pack (zombies13.rar)

today and found a bug. When I place a medium difficulty game logic and shoot

a zombie, it dies and then spawns about a dozen replicants of itself.

I'm hoping to make a mission where the zomb's go down and stay down after a

head hit.

Over the weekend I made missions using the older mod and they worked okay -

still a bit buggy though - the zomb's run to their victim then slow down and

start pawing but taking ages to kill their victim.   (SCOTT - probably because gblZombieDamage was set to a low value, not because of a bug)

I can't replicate this bug using V3 sp 1 (the one in my sig) - I noticed the pre-service pack version was spawning zombies in Doomsday 3 but I fixed that.

Anyone else getting this problem? if so, check your zombie mod's README.TXT to make sure you have v3 service pack 1.

If you don't have service pack 1, download it from the URL in my sig.

If you DO have service pack 1, then I will need a copy of your mission (in zip format, with a readme detailing all required 3rd party addons) in order to replicate the bug.  PM me so I can arrange to collect - do NOT email me the file without permission!!!

mhm, i was trying my mission in MP (only me, but was only testing the respawn... tounge_o.gif ), but after a few minutes of fighting with the zombies, they just completely forget about me and my squad, and they were just standing there doing nothing.... (i didnt even die yet, so it has nothing to do with the fact that i died (so that *maybe* i was removed from the glballtargets list...)) rock.gif

mhm, i was trying my mission in MP (only me, but was only testing the respawn...  tounge_o.gif ), but after a few minutes of fighting with the zombies, they just completely forget about me and my squad, and they were just standing there doing nothing.... (i didnt even die yet, so it has nothing to do with the fact that i died (so that *maybe* i was removed from the glballtargets list...))  rock.gif

OK, put the mission up on a temporary website (freewebs are good for that) and PM me with details of where I can download the mission, then I'll investigate and produce a fix if necessary.

mhm, i was trying my mission in MP (only me, but was only testing the respawn...  tounge_o.gif ), but after a few minutes of fighting with the zombies, they just completely forget about me and my squad, and they were just standing there doing nothing.... (i didnt even die yet, so it has nothing to do with the fact that i died (so that *maybe* i was removed from the glballtargets list...))  rock.gif

OK, put the mission up on a temporary website (freewebs are good for that) and PM me with details of where I can download the mission, then I'll investigate and produce a fix if necessary.

PMed...

(eeeer, i hope i send u the right mission.... crazy_o.gif )

Checked out the mission. God, it's difficult! I ran out of fuel and lost all my men smile_o.gif

When you die you are indeed removed from gblAllTargets.

Just use

gblAllTargets = gblAllTargets + [unit]

and the zombies will "re-evaluate" you smile_o.gif

Checked out the mission. God, it's difficult! I ran out of fuel and lost all my men smile_o.gif

Just use

of course its difficult, u can do whatever u want but the mission wont end.... wink_o.gif

altough ur guys shoudt respawn, if u tried it in MP..  rock.gif

well, doesnt matter anyway... cuz the only ones who are playing it are me and a friend together (that explains the  weird briefing, and also that island almost that noone has, and some triggers that wont activate, the stupid starting position, and why there was so much ammo wink_o.gif ))...  smile_o.gif

anyways..., were am i supposed to put

gblAllTargets = gblAllTargets + [unit]  rock.gif

in a trigger when a player died, or ...?  rock.gif

Just use

of course its difficult, u can do whatever u want but the mission wont end.... wink_o.gif

well, doesnt matter anyway... cuz the only ones who are playing it are me and a friend together (that explains the  weird briefing, and also that island almost that noone has, and some triggers that wont activate, the stupid starting position, and why there was so much ammo wink_o.gif ))...  smile_o.gif

Put it in the script that respawns the dead player.

Just after the createunit command that respawns. That will do the track.

remember, Player is a different object for each person's PC. Using gblAllTargets=gblAllTargets + [Player] never works in MP.

Just use

remember, Player is a different object for each person's PC. Using gblAllTargets=gblAllTargets + [Player] never works in MP.

respawn script?

im just using a simple base respawn thingy with 2 lines in the description.ext and a marker... works fine... tounge_o.gif

aw hell, ill see what i can do... wink_o.gif

Just use

hehe, fixed it, thank you!  wink_o.gif

erm, sry for the doublepost, forgot that i posted before...  crazy_o.gif

EDIT: mhm, seems that the zombies are screaming HELLO! sometimes...

not that that really scares me..., but it IS weird...  wink_o.gif

Just use

hehe, fixed it, thank you!  wink_o.gif

erm, sry for the doublepost, forgot that i posted before...  crazy_o.gif

EDIT: mhm, seems that the zombies are screaming HELLO! sometimes...

not that that really scares me..., but it IS weird...  wink_o.gif

The zombies say hello. It's a debug message left in the zombiescripts.pbo!

Don't worry, this artifact will be removed when the next scripts come out.

OK, onto the next zombie mod question:

Quote[/b] ]

"Hi again Scott - thanks for your amazingly fast replies; I admire your

dedication to this excellent mod.

Thank you biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

I wrote you about the zombies which spawn multiple copies of themselves when

they die.

I do have the latest Zombie Service pack : UNIFIED ZOMBIE ADDON BETA 3 SERVICE PACK 1 RELEASE © OCTOBER 2ND 2004.

I released a patch for the service pack (!) on October 3rd. Please download that patch from my sig (yes, redownload the zombie mod again. I know, it's a hassle.)

If that STILL happens, then I'm at a loss. No-one else has reported it.

Quote[/b] ]

I'm using Resistance patched to 1.96 and no 3rd party add ons except the zombie mod extracted to the res\addons folder. You mentioned that I may have set zombiedamage to low with respect to it taking ages for them to put

me down but I haven't touched that parameter.

Anyone else having problems with limp-wristed zombies?

Can you insert the following code into a new game logic's initialisation string:

Player globalchat format["DAMAGE IS %1", gblZombieDamage]

and send me a copy of the output? Make sure that the gblInitDone boolean flag is set to 1, beforehand though biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

I do have a saved non-pbo mission in Everon for you. It's just player vs 1 zombie if you'd like it. Where would you like it sent?"

Put the URL up here so others can download it and help. All files go a long way to helping others fix their problems.

[quote name=Zombie_Mod,Oct. 19 2004,18:20

gblAllTargets = gblAllTargets + [unit] rock.gif

in a trigger when a player died, or ...? rock.gif

hehe, fixed it, thank you! wink_o.gif

Hi. How did you fix this problem? I just ran into it. I'm not using a script to respawn the players. I'm just using the description.ext and a marker.