Sign in to follow this  
Zombie_Mod

Questions on unified zombie mod

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Something I forgot to tell you all.

With RC3 (from www.unifiedzombiemod.wz.cz) you can tweak how fast the zombies acquire targets!!

The gblZombieEvalTime global variable is an integer from 1..infinity. The higher the number you put in gblZombieEvalTime, the slower the zombie reacts to humans.

The difficulty level game logics set the gblZombieEvalTime parameter. Unfortunately I have messed up with the values I assigned for each difficulty level, and I will change these values in RC4 - be ready for this change. IT IS BEST YOU SET gblZombieEvalTime YOURSELF VIA A TRIGGER!!!!

For ZOMBIE MOD - HARD GAME:

gblZombieEvalTime is set to 6. Complete crap, the zombies couldn't catch a cold. This will be changed to 2 or 3.

ZOMBIE MOD - MEDIUM GAME:

gblZombieEvalTime = 10 - absolutely pathetic! This should be 5 or 6.

ZOMBIE MOD - EASY GAME:

gblZombieEvalTime = 12 - totally awful. This should be 9 or 10.

like reacting on target's new posision? should be 0 to 1 in that case wink_o.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Something I forgot to tell you all.

With RC3 (from www.unifiedzombiemod.wz.cz) you can tweak how fast the zombies acquire targets!!

The gblZombieEvalTime global variable is an integer from 1..infinity. The higher the number you put in gblZombieEvalTime, the slower the zombie reacts to humans.

The difficulty level game logics set the gblZombieEvalTime parameter. Unfortunately I have messed up with the values I assigned for each difficulty level, and I will change these values in RC4 - be ready for this change. IT IS BEST YOU SET gblZombieEvalTime YOURSELF VIA A TRIGGER!!!!

For ZOMBIE MOD - HARD GAME:

gblZombieEvalTime is set to 6. Complete crap, the zombies couldn't catch a cold. This will be changed to 2 or 3.

ZOMBIE MOD - MEDIUM GAME:

gblZombieEvalTime = 10 - absolutely pathetic! This should be 5 or 6.

ZOMBIE MOD - EASY GAME:

gblZombieEvalTime = 12 - totally awful. This should be 9 or 10.

I tried to set the "gblZombieEvalTime" variable without no success !

I tried with several ways but no changes ....The variable stay on 6 sad_o.gif

Are you using any of the difficulty level game logics?

The difficulty level game logics "reset" gblZombieEvalTime.

If not, you should have no problem whatsoever.

If you are using a difficulty level game logic, wait for gblInitDone to be ==1 before changing gblZombieEvalTime.

Yes I use the "Hard" difficulty game logic. I wait ingame until 60 sec for set the "gblZombieEvalTime" and nothing changes. Always on 6 ! sad_o.gif

answer reapers question first ive got things i gotta do anyway

but ive set everything from putting -nomap in the command line to setting the array of targets or what ever the line is that you put into that init

the zombies do nothing but run up to me and punch of me or have some sort of siezure without causeing any damage

in multiplayer people laugh at me saying my server is the "Special Flashpoint"

what did i do wrong?

eh I feel like such a dumbarse :P I cant seem to get the zombies to resurrect I've done everything mentioned on this thread but to no evail the dead bodies simply disapear after a set amount of time. Everything else works very well wich makes me like this mod very much but as I have mentioned the zombies wont come back alive as stated before on this thread that the zombies will automaticaly be revived if put on hard mode that is not the case for me they simply disapear after death. :sigh: this is an awsome mod but with out ressurection my men blow through the zombies like crazy any suggestions?

Is there a way to make the zomb's walk slowly?

I have set waypoints for them with LIMITED as the speed but the buggers still run at me like they do in "28 days later" and "Dawn of the Dead 2004".

I want then to walk slowly like in the Romero flicks.

I have posted a simple mission on my webpage to show what I've done in case anybody wants to grab it and tell me what I'm not doing.

Thanx heaps

Stiaan

Mission at http://www.theinfozone.com/ZombDontRun.zip

It goes in operationflashpoint\users\yourname\missions

answer reapers question first ive got things i gotta do anyway

but ive set  everything  from  putting -nomap  in the command line  to  setting  the array of targets  or  what ever the line is   that you put into that init    

the zombies  do nothing but run up to me  and punch of  me  or have some sort of siezure  without causeing any damage    

in multiplayer people laugh at me   saying my server  is the "Special Flashpoint"  

what did i do wrong?

Put your mission on a server for download, and let me look at it. PM me with the URL, ok?

Same applies to the rest of you.

As for the zombies walking, speak to General - he's doing the zombie walk animations at the moment. You can get him on the operation farmland forums (a link is @ farmland.ofpcentral.com)

EDIT: Go here

Far out, Scott! That was an amazingly fast reply - thanx!

Can I get zomb's to attack a landed helicopter?

I know zomb's can attack cars but I can't seem to get them to attack my helo when I land it. I put gblAllTargets = [player,helo] in the server gamelogic but they pretty much just stand around the helo admiring the paintwork. (Still plenty scary though).

I'm finally getting somewhere with creating missions for this mod and I've started making my first humble zombie campaign - involves the Mighty Bell helo addon and the mis-adventures of a civilian chopper pilot in the Romero world of the undead. I'll happily post missions as they come to light if anybody's interested in playtesting or helping.

Stiaan

Far out, Scott!  That was an amazingly fast reply - thanx!

Can I get zomb's to attack a landed helicopter?

I know zomb's can attack cars but I can't seem to get them to attack my helo when I land it.  I put gblAllTargets = [player,helo] in the server gamelogic but they pretty much just stand around the helo admiring the paintwork.  (Still plenty scary though).

I'm finally getting somewhere with creating missions for this mod and I've started making my first humble zombie campaign - involves the Mighty Bell helo addon and the mis-adventures of a civilian chopper pilot in the Romero world of the undead.  I'll happily post missions as they come to light if anybody's interested in playtesting or helping.

Stiaan

Ooh, now you can't get zombies to attack a landed helicopter cos the zombies don't attack air objects! Or boats.

Really I should have the zombies attacking anything... OK, let me see what I can do... I might do an RC3 patch to enable this.

Quote[/b] ]Ooh, now you can't get zombies to attack a landed helicopter cos the zombies don't attack air objects! Or boats.

well, couldn't u do some kind of script which is activated when something is at altitude 0? like u know an RPG soldier doesn't fire on a chopper in the air but as soon as the chopper touches the ground it the soldier targets the chopper

Nah, that won't work, the zombies don't attack choppers, full stop. You'd have to write your own attack scripts.

Just let me create a patch and I'll sort it, OK? smile_o.gif

PS:

General, if that's your sig, a mod will take it down m8 - it's too big.

Amazing! Scott, it would be fantastic if you could get the zomb's to attack helo's. Last night I was playing my "rescue the survivor with your helicopter" mission and it was creepy as hell seeing the undead coming as the survivor bolted for my chopper. It will be terrifying to have them tearing at your helicopter while your rescuees are clambering onboard!

In relation to getting zomb's to walk (shamble) rather than run, I posted over on Farmland and got this reply from MiG

"The fast moving zombies are related with the script not with the animations so nothing to do about, i guess. Maybe Scott solves that prob by creating options for the zombie speed".

It's okay (obviously) if the zomb's have to continue to run, Scott. We appreciate that this is a labour of love for you and I'm not asking you to code just for my preferences.

Helicopter attacking, shambling zomb's would be cool though...

wink_o.gif

problem with walking zombies are that the game will be very easy sad_o.gif unless u wanna make it unrealistic and won't let'em die after a headshot. crazy_o.gif that's the problem with ofp: You got open areas and are free to run wherever you want to. if u could make a big mansion or a really tight town it would work with walking zombies

Yes, General, I hear ya, mate.

It would indeed be too easy to get away from the decaying buggers. Still, I love the idea of a zombie-shoot where they're just milling about like corpses in a barrel.

If it's really easy to code, I'd still love to be able to have the choice but I won't cry if Scott puts it in the "couldn't be arsed" basket! biggrin_o.gif

By the way, I'm constantly amazed and impressed with the lightning responses to this forum. Thanx heaps.

I've made a running anim which I think is faster than the regular one. I not compleatly shure cuz when I'm trying to play it it goes back the the starting posision when it's finished sad_o.gif enyway to fix this?

eny1 wanna see my latest anim, a zombie rising from the ground (and it goes really fast to)

well here it is

PS: only 2 hours of work so it doesn't look very good  xmas_o.gifrising zombie:P

edit: sry for double posting

edit2: and u need ofpanim for that anim tounge_o.gif

Hello biggrin_o.gif

Can you put items such as wish lists and advertisements into the ADDONS & MODS: COMPLETE thread please.

This thread is only for answering scripting questions related to the zombie mod.

Cheers,

Scott xmas_o.gif

-Reaper @ Dec. 05 2004,09:48)]Yes I use the "Hard" difficulty game logic. I wait ingame until 60 sec for set the "gblZombieEvalTime" and nothing changes. Always on 6 ! sad_o.gif

PLZ help me, Scott ! smile_o.gif

-Reaper @ Dec. 12 2004,11:38)]
-Reaper @ Dec. 05 2004,09:48)]Yes I use the "Hard" difficulty game logic. I wait ingame until 60 sec for set the "gblZombieEvalTime" and nothing changes. Always on 6 ! sad_o.gif

PLZ help me, Scott !  smile_o.gif

Put your mission up for download and I'll take a look!

Right, I've found out what the problem is.

You are setting gblZombieEvalTime using a trigger, and triggers run on the CLIENT, not on the SERVER. You can't change a server variable (in this case, gblZombieEvalTime) from the client so you need to run a script on the server, like so:

1. Create a ordinary game logic called SETEVALTIME.

2. In the initialisation part of the logic, put:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

[] exec "changeevaltime.sqs"

3. Open Notepad and type this in:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

@gblInitDone==1

gblZombieEvalTime=2

exit

4. Save the file to your mission folder as "changeevaltime.sqs".

5. run the mission.

Now the eval time will definitely have changed!

tell me, this is a bit off topic, but where can i find some co-op missions relating to this mod? im in need of a few for a game tonight. :o (my first ofp online game in 9 months!)

LOL, well I can't help you with that. I know people who are working on missions, but I cant tell you who they are in case they get spammed/ PM'd to death..

There's some cool missions in development, I have played some of the beta versions. Be patient...