Sign in to follow this  
ade_mcc

Top 100 games PCGamer Sept 04

Yea, but there was still one helluva first time experience, just like the Max Payne games. It still got quite a few open maps like Hurtgen Forest, even though it will never be the same as OFP.

Tongue in cheek or not its still extremely stereotypical and i resent your comment about it being "Over my head"

Ummm.  Apparently it is over your head, because the whole point of it being so stereotypical was that it was tongue in cheek...... Whether you resent that or not, you just shot yourself in the foot.

Nope, not quite. You just solidified my point without even realizing it.

Quote[/b] ]

you do not know me and cant make that type of assumption.

I know CoD is extremely cliched and not nearly as original as GTA - something you laughed off your chair at, apparently... which makes you.... what?

Your the one assuming not me, dude.

Quote[/b] ]

This is not the first time (see music thread) you have acted toward me in this way. So, i must ask.

You're right, it's not the first time you've said something very silly.

I can very easily say the same about you.

Quote[/b] ]

What is your problem with me and why do you act so rudely towards me?

Quote[/b] ]

I just don't like stupidity in any of its forms; I have nothing against you.

When you attack on a personal level it says that do have something against me.

You can disgaree with me that i think KOTOR and COD are better than GTA, maybe its just a personal preference, (i could say the same about your preferences but i wont) without having to resort to such immature behaviour.

Nothing to do with personal preference.  Cod is simply nowhere near as good a game as GTA.  Anyone might prefer CoD, but their preference doesn't make an at-best mediocre game better.

end of line.

You are not the Know all authority on games, so it is a personal preference.

You really need to grow up. You don't even want or try to see the point i am attempting to make.

I guess its just "Over your head"

Both of you need to stop bickering

Lets see..

#1 GTA VC

I liked GTA3, but not that much. Never tried Vice City, never seemed all that different from GTA3 from the screenshots. Maybe I'll pick it up sooner or later.

#2 Deus EX

Should be #1 in my opinion. Played it and loved it. Came with my Radeon 9600.

#3 M:TW

Yes! Medaevil finally gets recognised! I rarely see this awsome game on lists for some reason.

#4 KOTOR

I think it deserved to be on the list, but maybe a bit further down. Either way, it was pretty cool. But for some strange reason, I could never play evil. I just can't bring myself to kill some poor geek in the middle of tatooine.

#5 Thief Deadly shadows

New or old one? The new somewhat deserves it, but I couldn't help feel that the AI needed abit more. But then again, I only tried the demo(Saving money from work for other things), but it was still cool.

#6 COD

Deserves this spot I think. I found it fantastic to play and was quite fun. I never had the opportunity to play MOH, so I guess it was a newer experience to me as it was to others. I just wish some of the sounds were beefier and they had some changes. Like the Americans/Russians having a .30 cal/DPM instaed of having to improvise with a MG42 all the time.

#7 Battlefield 1942

I had blast playing COOP with my brother. Unfortunatly, the game has never been able to play without problems on my computer. I think it needs to be further down the list.

#8 Planetscape Torment

Never got much into this RPG. Never got far, either. I jsut couldn't get into it as much as I did Icewind Dale or BG.

#9 Halo

Was fun playing single player for a first time, but after that it lost its value. Playing online wasn't really fun since it was mostly just banshee whores and exploiters.

#10 BG2

Playing that now, actually.

#11 HL

Love this game, and I think it deserves this spot. Interesting to know its been able to stay in the Tops for several other places even after such a long time.

#12 System Shock

Unfortunatly, never played it  sad_o.gif

#13 Rise of nations

Love this game too. Though, it gets frustrating when the AI goes ballistic with its wonders and ends up BSing itself into victory.

#14 Planetside

Never played that either sad_o.gif

#15 Prince of persia: The sands of time

I loved this game, and I think it deserves a few steps higher. The moves were fantastic, and overall was a nice break from super reality shooters.

#16 IL2-Sturmovik

I love this game as well, and usually the first to grace my computer after a reformat to the computer itself.

#17 Day of the Tenticle

sad_o.gif Never had the opportunity to play that one either.

#18 Warcraft 3

Meh. Was fun. Cinematics were absolutly fantastic, especially love the one where Arthas returns home. Just stunning. Love the colours as well. I have the art of warcraft book and it shows some fantastic shots.

#19 UT 2004

I think it needs to be a little higher. Wasn't a big change from 2003, but its added features and gametypes were worth it. I love this game as well.

Man, I gotta alotta love :S

#20 Far Cry

Meh.

#21 Max Payne 2

Played one, never got a chance to try #2.

#22 Operation Flashpoint

What?!?! Its not #1?!?

Both of you need to stop bickering

Lets see..

#1 GTA VC

I liked GTA3, but not that much. Never tried Vice City, never seemed all that different from GTA3 from the screenshots. Maybe I'll pick it up sooner or later.

#2 Deus EX

Should be #1 in my opinion. Played it and loved it. Came with my Radeon 9600.

#3 M:TW

Yes! Medaevil finally gets recognised! I rarely see this awsome game on lists for some reason.

#4 KOTOR

I think it deserved to be on the list, but maybe a bit further down. Either way, it was pretty cool. But for some strange reason, I could never play evil. I just can't bring myself to kill some poor geek in the middle of tatooine.

#5 Thief Deadly shadows

New or old one? The new somewhat deserves it, but I couldn't help feel that the AI needed abit more. But then again, I only tried the demo(Saving money from work for other things), but it was still cool.

#6 COD

Deserves this spot I think. I found it fantastic to play and was quite fun. I never had the opportunity to play MOH, so I guess it was a newer experience to me as it was to others. I just wish some of the sounds were beefier and they had some changes. Like the Americans/Russians having a .30 cal/DPM instaed of having to improvise with a MG42 all the time.

#7 Battlefield 1942

I had blast playing COOP with my brother. Unfortunatly, the game has never been able to play without problems on my computer. I think it needs to be further down the list.

#8 Planetscape Torment

Never got much into this RPG. Never got far, either. I jsut couldn't get into it as much as I did Icewind Dale or BG.

#9 Halo

Was fun playing single player for a first time, but after that it lost its value. Playing online wasn't really fun since it was mostly just banshee whores and exploiters.

#10 BG2

Playing that now, actually.

#11 HL

Love this game, and I think it deserves this spot. Interesting to know its been able to stay in the Tops for several other places even after such a long time.

#12 System Shock

Unfortunatly, never played it  sad_o.gif

#13 Rise of nations

Love this game too. Though, it gets frustrating when the AI goes ballistic with its wonders and ends up BSing itself into victory.

#14 Planetside

Never played that either sad_o.gif

#15 Prince of persia: The sands of time

I loved this game, and I think it deserves a few steps higher. The moves were fantastic, and overall was a nice break from super reality shooters.

#16 IL2-Sturmovik

I love this game as well, and usually the first to grace my computer after a fresh bitch slap to the computer itself. Ahh...nothing says fun than filling your 60gig harddrive with the same crap that slowed it down :P

#17 Day of the Tenticle

sad_o.gif Never had the opportunity to play that one either.

#18 Warcraft 3

Meh. Was fun. Cinematics were absolutly fantastic, especially love the one where Arthas returns home. Just stunning. Love the colours as well. I have the art of warcraft book and it shows some fantastic shots.

#19 UT 2004

I think it needs to be a little higher. Wasn't a big change from 2003, but its added features and gametypes were worth it. I love this game as well.

Man, I gotta alotta love :S

#20 Far Cry

Meh.

#21 Max Payne 2

Played one, never got a chance to try #2.

#22 Operation Flashpoint

What?!?! Its not #1?!?

1. boring console

2. ok

3. uhh, what?

4. come on

5. yeah right

6. ok

7. ...

8. WTF is that?

9. blah, blah, blah

10. ?

11. sbody may like it

12. never played

13. boring till 15

16. ok

17. huh?

18. -

19. Yep monster blasting - not my flavour of icecream

20. -

21. ok

22. WTF is this game doing on 22 place? mad_o.gif UP, UP, UP, UP, UP, UP, IT MUST GO UP, UP, UP, UP, DAMN IT.

Planescape Torment was another one of Black Isles RPG's, and a pretty good one too. But I never got into it as much as my brother did. Its some sort of surreal RPG thing where your main character is actually dead and your trying to figure out your past before you died.

You can't have every game you like in the top 100, they have people (their readers) to vote for the games they like best, it's a demographic poll of their readers. It'd have to be a top 10,000 to keep everyone happy for know their fave game is in a "top" list.

I guess that 'Day of the Tenticle' is a spelling error and actually should read 'Day of the Tentacle' which is one of the best adventures EVER (one of the old 2d comic-style Lucas Arts adventures).

dott3.jpg

dott4.jpg

dott6.jpg

Should I be worried if I have played every game on that list except #15? tounge_o.gif

I am amazed to see how much people don't know what KOTOR, Medieval: Total War and Day of the Tentacle is. At least the first two as they are rather new and bestselling games.

My top 10:

1. Op Flashpoint (you know what Im talkin 'bout wink_o.gif )

2. Fallout 2 (The atmosphere, the humour, the, the hugeness)

3. Starcraft (It's just awsome, and the best balanced game ever)

4. Half-Life (It's just, so feckin good)

5. Fallout (It has everything Fallout 2 has, but F2 develop it even further)

6. Call of Duty (mostly 'cause this is the first time I have been in a serious clan)

7. Medieval: Total War (I've never seen so many farmer revolts in my days. Aparently folks don't like Muslims taking over the world tounge_o.gif )

8. UFO: Enemy Uknown (Since I was only very little when it came out and I didn't really understood it, I played it a couple of years ago again and I couldn't walk away from it smile_o.gif )

9. Dune 2 (honourarly place, the first true RTS, and it still beat any of the C&C series by miles)

10. Tetris (honourarly place, couldn't come up with another game ::P: )

Agree with that.

If you've never played any of the GTA series, they are worth it just for the radio stations! smile_o.gif Anyone whos played it will know what i mean wink_o.gif

I'm suprised Mafia didnt feature as highly... was a great game

Mafia was good. The only bit i didnt like was having to do that race and win it.....took me hours.....i'm not a fan of racing games, and it just pissed me off that i was trying to progress with the story but i couldnt purely because i'm crap at racing games crazy_o.gif Other than that, the game ruled, and the storyline was probably one of the best in a game.

Deus Ex beats it for storyline, that game is absolutely awesome....

I also like the Max Payne storylines, nice and dark, like Film Noir, told like a comic strip. smile_o.gif

Just for the record - Planescape Torment is based on the AD&D supplement "Planescape", a campaign setting in the Outer Planes (To those who've never played D&D, this will be gibberish wink_o.gif )

Major Fubar, you have just disgraced yourself sir! (D&D geek!)

Only joking, i can hardly take the piss, i used to play "Warhammer", the table top game with dice, orcs and elves, played mainly by bearded men in thier 30's who still live with their parents. crazy_o.gif I was young and naive ok tounge_o.gif Then i discovered better things, like girls...... wink_o.gif

Just for the record - Planescape Torment is based on the AD&D supplement "Planescape", a campaign setting in the Outer Planes (To those who've never played D&D, this will be gibberish wink_o.gif )

Planescape universe is still gibberish even if you've played D&D before tounge_o.gif

But seriously, for me it's the #1 computer RPG game of all time, only System Shock 1 or Ultima V gets even close. Though likes of Baldur's Gate series or Deus Ex aren't bad at all, I own them all too...

Quote[/b] ]edit to clarify that this is the UK version of PCGamer

I wouldn't expect U.S PCG to backtrack on the poor review they gave the game. Then again PCG hasn't been a good mag for years now.

They're staffed chiefly by idiots.

1. Duke Nukem 3D

2. Doom2

3. Starcraft

4. OFP

5. CIV

5. Baldurs Gate 2

6. Mafia

7. SplinterCell 1

8. SOF2

9. Tetris (I dont like it but the idea was briliant)

10. RTCW

11. Dungeon Lord

12. Jedi Knights 1

13. Diablo

14. MOHAA (the first time a game was movie-like)

15. KOTOR (I never played it to the end but people seem to like it)

16. Caesar

17. an unnamed popular egoshooter for all kids below 15

18. a fantasy game of which I dont recall the name. Pretty old and I think more than 6 follow ups.

19. ... dont know anymore

Baron Hurlothrumbo IIX - WL+ & 48hr PR for Flaming/FlameBaiting & Ignoring a moderators instruction.

Winters - Lowering yourself to the level of another person makes you just as guilty as them, however on this occasion I will just leave it at that.