Sign in to follow this  
philcommando

Matrix APU

Fantastic work...

A few 'ideas' that i could see that are, I suppose, improvements in my eyes (and before anyone says anything, no I cant make my own models and I couldnt do better how ever hard I tried)...

Speed...but thats been mentioned

The weapon sounds very weak (is it the m16?)

The sound when you walk, in 1st person its good but in 3rd person it sounds like you are in an echoy (spelling crazy_o.gif ) corridor!

But it will still be a good addon, It will be scary on an attack and defend mission when some mechs start advancing on you with some armour and Infantry in support..!!

they make awesome AA defense bots. took out 6 Su25s with no problem. and since im a "man" and not an "armord" they dont shoot back tounge_o.gif downside is. . if your the one in the plane, u cant killem. i tried rockets, cannon, AT, hell after i smashed my plane into him, respawned, and stood under him shooting at him seeing the blood spots signfiying a hit in full auto waitisn every bullet i have. . he jsut keeps on goin.

PS: thats the PK sound from the east boat

The_Oakster:- thanks...points noted..will try to see how it can be done.

Sounds- weapon is from BIS AK74auto, as it simulates closest to the original movie weapon sound. Footsteps will be improved.

Pappy:- hehe...the armor is set at twice the amount of an abrams tank, little wonder the piddly m16 gonna do much damage!tounge_o.gif However, i did not make it invincible..3 satchel charges/3 hellfire missiles/3 HEAT will kill it. It will fire on man.

I am sure many have their own way to test, perhaps one recommended functionality test is:-

1. place 4 apu on desert island, with u not the leader, give them a waypoint, guard or anything but set the behaviour to 'combat'.

2. place 4 ah1 a distance away and give it a destroy waypoint onto the apu.

3. Place a group of infantry nearby.

Technically, u should see a firefight and apu destroying both men and ah1 with at least some apu casualty without even u firing one bullet.

I'd like some reskins into more popular mecha characters of japan influence that walk and are piloted by humans. That's my only suggestion. I guess i could have my team do it myself but dang, my guy just ignores me, but he's started work on this...

ingram.jpg

way cool bowery!!!!! wow_o.gif ....all the best to your team..if u need any help, drop me line, not that u talented guys will need it. wink_o.gif

Well we got a modeler and texturer we just need a config guy.

Edit: this mecha is from the movie and show patlabor mobile police about a mecha police unit. The pilot actually sits in the neck. A camouflaged version is planned as well as an all black enemy version.

sad_o.gif Philcommando, your works deserves a better host the GeoCities - someone, give this talented addon maker some webspace, for the love of all that is good! tounge_o.gif

hi its possible to found another link coz i want to download but its doesnt work :s

hi its possible to found another link coz i want to download but its doesnt work :s

Try google or OFP.info. And get rid of that avater.

Err actually don't get back on topic, the thread is over a year old.