Sign in to follow this  
funnyguy1

OFP2 - Rainbow Six

It`ll be nice to do some guns modifications and upgrades(all the spec op stuff), scopes, silencers, laser sights, hi-cap mags.... Like in R6 - Raven Shield, both games OFP & R6 are quite realistic.

I personally want to see in OFP

modern guns (R6 again;): OICW, HKG11, Barret and so on.

(not only M4/M16 - it`s real, and modern, but borring lol:)

Whitch guns you want to see in the game?

ps sorry for my englisch lol

If anyone would like them there would be a number of them already.

Here we want reality and in reality noone uses OICW.

Barret u have and great one too.

Special soldiers can choose their weapons before mission, (maybe not in vietnam but at least in terrorist war... ) I try to say that modern guns, and modifications (laser sights....bleah bleah) are making the game more realistic, and first of all interesting (again R6).

private - m16

black op - optional

What should be taken from Ravenshield is the behaviour of soldiers in urban area (can be special waypoint such as "search and destroy (urban)") using tight column formation.

I like how the buddies covers your sides and the last one turns back on every stop.

Also, the soldiers should take a look after any corner they miss and so on...

leaning out from the walls will help, just like in R6...or CoD.

IF you, AI can lean out from the wall, CQB will be more realistic.

All CQB-based games have this option, so if in OFP2 CQB will be more "exposed" (It`ll be great...black hawk down, and so on) implementation of this can help in this type of combat.

Just the topic title, I would not want OFP2 to be the disaster the new R6 is. smile_o.gif

Besides that, sure addons for weapons and weapon dammage etc. would be nice.

Yeah...Rogue Spear... It was a game...mmm

I think both games have many common things, such as realism level...

What about planning mision?

I mean...You only (if you are commander) do the BASIC plan, and AI do not follow it like in R6 (like following the string...I do not know exactly meanning of this metaphor in English but I think you guys will understand me:). AI in OFP realy think...If soldier have a sign post where he had to go, and he`ll hear some shots, he won`t run like an idiot to this waypoint but he`ll fall on the ground ant try to notice from where the shots were fired.

What I try to say is:

BASIC mission plan just like in R6

execution strictly in OFP ways

Ability to plan before the action, not IN mission imho will increase realism, and simply, fun. Because you`ll never know what will happen under the enemy fire and you`ll also know that your sniper, is watching the situation because it was all planned before...

regards

sory for bad English (again......wwrrr)

If you want a CQC anti-terrorist game, see Tom Clancy; if you want a large scale war, play OFP. I rather not have one compromised to satisfy the other.

--Ben

nah dont plan before mission v boring and unrealistic. Set waypoints in the field for your pointman and squad follows him along with you. use the current system in OFP with a few additions like FIBUA mode etc. perhaps preplanned contact drills as i mentioned a while ago either that or be able to set more specific waypoints mentioning arcs of fire, suppressing fire etc

Ok

Here is what I think

1. CQB = Batlles in towns villages, not EXACTLY like in R6 or SWAT room cleaning... We all know that OFP is famous because of It`s large terrain of combat, but there are also some towns, on the OFP maps, and some players just love missions such as "black hawk down"

2. Planning:

It`s a bit complicated thing...

I think planning is a separate part of the game... for example many players love R6 because of the planning stuff, and in that game It`s bloody complicated thing.

I don`t want to implement exactly the same planning mode, because you allready can plan the mission in mission editor.

All the missions are planned... "move , destroy" waipoints are like R6 mission plan.

I would like to see SIMPLE planning module before the action.

If you don`t want to plann, you just click the START button:D

For example:

U have the mission map, targets, all those markers and stuff...

On the same map (after clicking the adequate icon) you can set few waypoints such as, snipe;hold;recon.

It may look like writing on the map, with pencil or marker.

It MUST be simple to be real, because even the squad lider has`nt got allways the laptop to plan the mission like in R6.

It`ll be also real because every squad must have some plan how to do the mission, they aren`t just apear 100m from the main target, and then: "guys how we`re going to do the job?"

Another thing that fall in my head are the "go" codes.

R6 have special GO codes for switching the waypoints.

It helpes to coordinate your moves with AI.

It looks just like that

waypoint 1 snipe>>>>"GO waypoint 2">>>>waypoint2 hold>>>>"Go waypoint 3">>>>and so on

It`ll help with CQB battles...

(to all guys who think that OFP + town CQB = sh*t....maps are big enough to satisfy all of players;)

And important thing...real time commands are great!!!

I don`t want to kick it from the game, I just want to support it by the mission planning and make the play less chaotic=more realistic.

regards

The thing that caught me about rainbow six that I love is the ability to handpick your team, each with different skill attributes. I would love to see this in ofp.

most of the ideas presented has been presented in many specialized threads. however, the discussion is going to a very interesting direction with comparison between R6 and OFP. so I'll move this to OFP2-General.

well bending to the side would be a great one but other than that i don't want enything R6 operativs are so stupid RED strom just mad some better formations and made them fire 10 times quicker, Now in SWAT3 they actualy had some surondings sence and checked for open doors and knew how to stack up in R6 they pile up in a big grupe and look backwards insted of consentrading on clearing roomsand in SWAT 3 they did not always tsand infront of the door when they opened it and they could work together so that one opens and another throwes a Flashbang in R6 2 they could that too but now its the first man ho takes care of every thing insted, so when useing eks a door charge its the first man ho mount it, blow it, and enter the room stupid and slow if it wasent for the stupid ennemy AI and there fast shooting they would not have a chance. In sted you should look at splinter cell the enemy AI is good they don't shoot you every time whit the first bullet, glass and flowers come to pices when fired at. the only thing rong is that if you shoot somebody and he dosent die then suddenly everybody know where you are and that Sam Fischer can't shoot for shit.

andother thing in SWAT3 was that you could shoot thru walles and there where different materials so some stoped the bullets and some dident.

STGN

I like the idea of being able to choose weapons as a special forces guy and something like that smile_o.gif

I don't think it can be that hard to change it so that you can have players not being leader can change their own gear in ofp 2, maybe you can have some gear unchangable and some weapons you can choose freely smile_o.gif

There is a big difference in ofp and rainbow six but i think that you can recreate some of rainbow six atmosphere in ofp easy if you take the time to make the best addons and the best mission with the best music and so on.

I love ofp for a few reasons and they are mission editing, almost endless freedom, playing custom missions downloading and using custom addons, browsing on some news / download addon sites is like candy for me soemtimes tounge_o.gif

One thing about R6

If there is really a super-hiper antiterror squad, they for sure can chose their weapons and stuff. tounge_o.gif

But it`s just fictional plot, and when you don`t have the real life restrictions you can chose weapons from thompsons to OICW...

It was mentioned many times that the ordinary poor recruit can`t just chose his gear (but the squad leader do this), and it`s just funny when US soldier can chose among barret and SVD...

R6 was international squad, maybe this was the point..

However we want ofp1 more realistic and ofp2 almost ultra realistic, so It`ll be nice to have more guns, modern guns, and simply more things to play with, such as guns upgrades and special stuff.

I also want to concentrate on the in-game things.

All the CQB stuff is just a suggestion, so I/we just suggest things that we can never see in ofp2 because, in fact we don`t know if the CQB mode will be implement at all. (BIS must simply confirm this)

And if ofp2 will contain the cqb style of combat, I wan`t it to look like in R6 or SWAT3.

the G-11 is not a modern gun, it's 20 years old.

I didn`t know biggrin_o.gif

I like Raven Shield, even bought addon disk too but AI is just horrible, stuff in campaign missions gives illusion of decent AI but seems to mostly predefined. When playing MP modes like terrorist hunt, AI mostly just stands around waiting for players to come around corners, only thing difficulty level affects is reaction time of AI (it's just inhuman in CQB). Smoke grenades on the other hands are almost cheat-like, AI just stands around doing nothing while you can see them clearly.

Otherwise great game, but crappy AI programming spoils it for me. Also adverserial MP could use better some game modes, or Ubi Soft should at least release SDK to modders.

But if they released the SDK you wouldn't be stuck buying their expansion packs.

I presume you've played it already, but if you want some good CQB AI check out SWAT3.

Personally I don't think there is any valid excuse for ignoring CQB development. I don't even think that better CQB ai would make the game more R6-ish.

However, the CQB should mostly be on the streets, and houses should be closed off to save computer power. Also, immersive forest patrols should be the unique CQB situation that OFP2 should hold against the competition.

What would work great though would be the ability to replace certain buildings with versions that have interiors via the mission editor. Also, a mission maker should be able to delete some trees in a forest to make a camp landmark or tactical area of interest.

Say, you wanted snipers in some of the houses, or wanted a specific objective to take place in a building. One mission you would secure the area around the building. Then, in the next mission, you would have to break into the building.

How the player leads ai in tight area is a sticky issue, however, and I believe that ai control is the main reason that there is a serious worry that OFP2 development will go off-track and focus too much on R6 elements that most players would ignore.

I think one topic we need to discuss in this thread is how OFP2 should handle squad movements while staying true to how real leaders handle clusterphobic situations.

It`s up to BIS.

I think there is a tricky solution.

They can cooperate with army stuff, and simply do licence things. But, I don`t want OFP2 to be so comercial like Colin McRace Rally3 (they bought a ford company licence, and I`ve had mixed feelings about the game)

I think licence will cause some restrictions.

In SWAT, R6 games It`s less complicated thing, because those are games with only 1 squad involved.

Ofp is more complicated by itself...

However we don`t know the plot yet biggrin_o.gif

I think overall what elements rainbow 6 has that I would like to see ofp is:

-improved close quarters combat

-team selection, each with unique attributes.

-WEapon selection, adding mods like silencers, etc.

-Mission planner

We have a mission planner, press "M" it brings up a map! You can add waypoints for your team directly onto it like you can in R6. Oh and let it be known that Raven Shield wasn't actually made by Red Storm, UBI made it, look at the credits if you don't believe me. Red Storm are only responsible for the FMV cinematics of the game which is why they can do things you can't in the game. Also UBI buggered up MP, uber bugs!