Sign in to follow this  
desantnik

Spetznaz MVD

Nono, the weapons are converted from CS, one of the AKs is made by Shrike&Wannabe for example two CS modmakers.

And for those who need bit more proof, here you go jsut had to copy our current textures into the drf_spec.pbo cause they didnt even change the filenames

Picture

<span style='font-size:7.1pt;line-height:100%'>(copy&paste the link) wink_o.gif</span>

I wanted to apoligize for not thinking before and praising these units. I knew I saw them before somewhere, especially those vests. I've removed them and the basic infantry pack from OFP, because it really does look like they were stolen, just from the last picture posted.

I think now it is proven

dl and screenshots will be removed from ofp.info in the next minutes.

I hope no newsite will ever again post about any addon by DRF

We all should just ignore them

This behaviour cannot be accecpted

update:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/?newlang=eng&showthis=6878

dl and screenshots removed from ofp.info

It seems that in the last days people stealing other's work become more and more a common thing to OFP

We all should ignore people like that from now one.

my personal blacklist:

neoko2000: has stolen textures from Ghost in the grass mod (at least this is what Marine Snipers said and there is no reason not to believe that) and after that used textures from RKSL without permission for the next version of his snipers.

DRF mod: stolen and leaked textures by RHS

it's only two possibility

one: a guy of RHS team have his computer/ftp hacked (not very probable)

two: a guy of RHS team have betray his friends in RHS team and he give RHS' work to others

Find him and execute him !

@counterforce: thx for removing it. smile_o.gif

@pandalefou: that's not soo easy... it's enough when somebody leaked our ftp server access pw or only the path to the addon... sad_o.gifmad_o.gif

Forgive me for praise

I'd say the units are still worthy of praise, they're still good units, they're just stolen. RHS and Laser deserve the praise for making em.

Hope you find who's to blaim for this. When I saw the news at first I was like "who the hell are DRF? And how come they have Laser's/RHS's textures?" I ruled out they were Lasers in any way because of the poor models the textures sat on, and I didn't bother to get them as to me they just looked pretty poorly made. Also I'd seen everything they were made up of before on RHS and ORCS stuff (as they're Laser's stuff, so no surprise there lol).

Oh and addon stealing is older than you think, it's just a lot more obvious and foolish when they take things already released or which have a large following already, such as RHS's work.

Damn, a group of ppl are working very hard on making these great units and then parts of their work gets stolen mad_o.gif

I hope you'll still continue your work Shadow NX wink_o.gif

Shrike & Wannabe...

Wow I can't belive some of you here actually know those names.

In truth, Sixshooter, Ironclad, and Hitman should have probably gotten some mention or credit for the last bajillion m4/m16s releas to the several military mod communities out there. Some how I doubth it if any body had ever personaly ask them if they could use their work. sad_o.gif

Persoanly, more add on makers should take thier time and create their own textures/models. Whats the fun in ripping others works (*cough, *cough cs skins)? Because in the end, it is much more enjoyable and funner to create somthing that is truly and uniqly yours. smile_o.gif

Any ways, these are pretty nice units, although the textures maybe stollen, thier a nice stop-gap until the better ones come out. The weapon sounds are a little too loud for my taste though.

Thx, -PJ

I like the idea of these units though.

Perhaps Laser/RHS might be interested in re-making them properly?

Sort of a "steal your work" back kinda thing.

biggrin_o.gif

Wow... RHS is the Half life 2 of Flashpoint... for shame.... too bad this work was stolen.... hopefully everything will turn out ok... sad_o.gif

Thx everyone, nice to see there are still peoplke who respect the work of others smile_o.gif

I think we will make some Vitiaz units later who will look a lil bit like these MVD

Hey guess what one of your beloved addon studios that decided to retire from the game stole addons so dont think that it jus the solos that do it

Quote[/b] ]Hey guess what one of your beloved addon studios that decided to retire from the game stole addons so dont think that it jus the solos that do it

Looks like time for another round of BAS-bashing. So, what did they steal rock.gif ?

Thx everyone, nice to see there are still peoplke who respect the work of others  smile_o.gif

I think we will make some Vitiaz units later who will look a lil bit like these MVD

sad_o.gif really sad about this...... "incident" i cant understand why people make things like this...

i only want to say that: RHS your work is cooooooolllllll smile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif go on, work hard and forget this shitty incident beacouse i think poeople knows the truth

Hey guess what one of your beloved addon studios that decided to retire from the game stole addons so dont think that it jus the solos that do it

If they done that ( wich i dont think ) then they did it in a smarter way then DRF tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Hey guess what one of your beloved addon studios that decided to retire from the game stole addons so dont think that it jus the solos that do it

Kinda rude to post shit like that in public without proof eh.

Quote[/b] ]We all should ignore people like that from now one.

my personal blacklist:

Quote[/b] ]Find him and execute him !

This is the part where you take a deep breath and consider what exactly you're getting up in arms about.

At this point you also realise that this happens to be a game and that when a game no longer becomes fun anymore. It's probably a good time to step back for a while and re-evaluate your priorities.

This is being taken way too seriously.

Now. One person argued that incidents such as these are the reasons why certain addonmakers stop making addons.

... well. If these addons serve only to provide an ego stroke for the creator, at great risk of his/her own peace of mind should someone else try to modify or borrow from it. I think the purpose of addonmaking has been lost.

In fact I think the purpose of it has long been lost. If this is going to cause such an outcry because of the fear that we might not get anymore addons? Seriously. Are addons really worth screaming about? At one point I might've said so, but I'm very quickly coming to the realization that it's not. Nothing about OFP is.

Either OFP is fun or it isn't. If it isn't. I'll walk away from it and check periodically if I can resurrect some of the enjoyment I had playing this game. If not. It's no skin off my ass.

Yeah. The individuals involved were dickheads for just carelessly taking without even so much as a reference of credit, but it doesn't merit the aforementioned responses.

If anything it's the reactionaries that are killing what little joy I have for OFP. If it isn't just fun anymore. Perhaps some of the old addonmakers need to consider retirement. We have plenty of addons. We've pretty much kicked the ass of any FPS community out there as far as custom material goes I think.

Best to quit while we're on top?

I have proof but since i respect some of them i want get into it any further just letting you all know it happen ALOT more then u think just find ur self like RHS and LASER cause if someone steals something and thing becomes a big time addon maker and or studio then if u say something then it wont mater because people will think ur the liar not them mods dont jump out of yours chair when u read this just PM ill talk to u about it

it's no problem when he asks us (or at least mentions us in his credits). but he/they "sold" this as theirs. and that's a lie. laser has done the work.

Has/can anyone read the readme(its in Russian/Cyrillic)? If nobody has, then we really don't know that the authors weren't given credit. I think it would be wise not to jump to conclusions until the people who released this can atleast make some sort of a statement. It certainly sounds like there are some questionable things with this addon, however we should atleast give them a chance to tell their side of the story.

If these addons serve only to provide an ego stroke for the creator, at great risk of his/her own peace of mind should someone else try to modify or borrow from it. I think the purpose of addonmaking has been lost.

Taking parts of a released addon to enhance your own is one thing, but to take parts of an unreleased addon from members of your own community (who you should hold some sort of mutual respect for in their similar persuit of producing quality addons) and pass them off as your own is downright disgraceful, and is a serious business when someone has been able to access your private files.

Just as well I didn't download these I guess (I thought the helmets looked a bit dodgey so I never bothered). Any parts of the mechanised infantry DRF released a few weeks ago stolen?

While some of the reactions to this seem a bit strong, we should remember that these guys (RHS) must have put in countless hours on their work. When someone dedicates their time for other peoples enjoyment (whether it be an art, writing, or an addon for OFP which we all love), it becomes really shady for another to steal that work and scribble their name on it. RHS have the right to be pissed, but their units when released will be enjoyed my many more people than this rip off.