Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Anyone working on a Kamov KA-32?

I just saw the following local article and searched the forums but can't find any mention of someone doing this.

Quote[/b] ]First Russian Kamov-32 (KA-32) Helicopter, Equipped With Israel Aircraft Industries' Avionics Package, Delivered To The Republic Of Korea Air Force By The Korean Company LGI

Jul 21, 2004

The first Russian Kamov-32 (KA-32) helicopter, equipped with Israel Aircraft Industries' (IAI) Lahav Division avionics package, was delivered on June 22nd, 2004 to the Republic Of Korea Air Force (ROKAF) by the Korean Company LGI. The delivery took place in a ceremony at the ROKAF's air base in Cheongju, Korea.

The helicopter is the first in a series of seven new KA-32 helicopters procured by ROKAF via LGI. The helicopter designed by the Russian Company Kamov, manufactured by the Russian helicopter manufacturing company KumAPE, and transferred to LGI's facility for customization and integration of the IAI's Lahav Division avionics suite. The following six helicopters will be delivered to ROKAF by the first half of year 2005. The helicopter will join ROKAF's other Search and Rescue helicopters.

The KA-32 combines proven platform characteristics, along with an innovative avionics system, whichincludes accurate navigation systems, weather and ground survey radar, and a moving digital map. A central computer and operational software integrate all systems, which provide the helicopter with advanced flight and navigation capabilities. Operation of the helicopter is done with the assistance of color displays, which are convenient and fit with the helicopter's man-machine interface. Lahav's avionics systems provide day and night safety of flight and navigation in adverse weather conditions. The system's open architecture allows easy installation of additional mission-dedicated systems in the future.

The project is a successful cooperation between the Korean prime contractor, LGI, the Russian helicopter manufacturer, KumAPE, and IAI/Lahav, supplier of the avionics systems. Despite the complexity involved with developing, manufacturing and integrating in three countries, the companies succeeded in delivering the first helicopter within a short schedule of 14 months.

To date, more than 40 KA-32 helicopters are in service in Korea, utilized by Korean Forest Aviation and Maritime Police units.

ROKAF examining the possibility of integrating IAI's avionics systems in other types of helicopters operating in its service.

Lahav Division of Israel Aircraft Industries specializes in upgrading military aircraft and helicopters to meet today's and tomorrow's most demanding requirements. Lahav, using the most advanced technologies and systems, upgrades a wide range of Eastern and Western military aircraft and helicopters. These upgrades provide unique solutions for enhanced capabilities and mission performance. Lahav has performed major aircraft upgrade programs for the United States Air Force, NATO air forces and other customers around the world.

Click on pics for larger versions:

KAMOVK1S.jpg

KAMOVK2S.jpg

I think there was one on the Kuznetsov Aircraft Carrier beta that was released about 2-3 months ago.

that would be neet to see good pics take forever to load and im 5 meg DL crazy_o.giftounge_o.gif

bloody ugly as well...

are they that new? i'm sure i saw them on TV during the Kursk Disaster...

bloody ugly as well...

That's what I think of almost all Russian military choppers. tounge_o.gif

The Russians never made lookers. They made helis that could take a FIM92A to the engine and keep flying.

The Americans never made lookers. They made helis that could hit you from 2 miles away with a 30mm cannon.

The Europeans never made... helicopters. tounge_o.gif

I think there was one on the Kuznetsov Aircraft Carrier beta that was released about 2-3 months ago.

Yep but it was only static sad_o.gif

The Russians never made lookers. They made helis that could take a FIM92A to the engine and keep flying.

The Americans never made lookers. They made helis that could hit you from 2 miles away with a 30mm cannon.

The Europeans never made... helicopters. tounge_o.gif

Gazelle, Puma, Lynx, SeaKing... etc etc etc wink_o.gif

The apache, the cobra, the blackhawk, the chinook, and the commanche wher eall awsome choppers that broke records and set new standards for military helocopter worldwide.

Yep but it was only static sad_o.gif

Unfortunately. I've been thinking about developing it further for private usage, just haven't bothered yet. The creator may have done something with it since the carrier releases though.

Pepsi?

bloody ugly as well...

That depends. Do you consider 1974 (the first flight of the Ka-27, of which the 32 is an evolution of) to be recent? tounge_o.gif

The republic of korea being sponosred by pepsi now?

nope, just happens to be their flag... not sure who's older - South Korea or Pepsi - South Korea was 50's... so ermm, i guess South Korea is older rock.gif

The republic of korea being sponosred by pepsi now?

nope, just happens to be their flag... not sure who's older - South Korea or Pepsi - South Korea was 50's... so ermm, i guess South Korea is older  rock.gif

i was only messin.

That was probably a Kamov Ka-27/8 'Helix.' The Ka-32 is an updated version by the looks.

Ka-28:

Ka28.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Gazelle, Puma, Lynx, SeaKing... etc etc etc

Seaking was an American design by Sikorsky. Westland bought the rights to build and market developments of the design.

Quote[/b] ]Quote (MSpencer @ July 22 2004,16:32)

The apache, the cobra, the blackhawk, the chinook, and the commanche wher eall awsome choppers that broke records and set new standards for military helocopter worldwide.

Except Apaches are notoriously weak to even small arms fire and can down themselves with the backblast from their own Hellfires.

Anyhow, I think we could do with a few more Russian helicopters. Particularly transport ones. I'm getting kind of bored of the Mi-8/17 and Mi-24 carting my troops into battle even though CSLA2 made some really wonderfully skinned versions.

Anyhow, I think we could do with a few more Russian helicopters. Particularly transport ones. I'm getting kind of bored of the Mi-8/17 and Mi-24 carting my troops into battle even though CSLA2 made some really wonderfully skinned versions.

Yep, that's right. OFP definitly needs something for east which can take it with the BAS Pave/Blackhawks.

Vit had a working Ka-27 in the works.

A beta Ka-27 came on the russain carrier but wasn't fligthcapable. a static object. See if Vit ever released the beta of his KA27...

actual pepis is older then that pepis came in around 1900 or so.. at nearly the same time as coke.

SeaKing... etc etc etc  wink_o.gif

arent the seakings the ones that keep falling out of the sky in Canada?

nothing to bragg about tounge_o.gif

I just saw the following local article and searched the forums but can't find any mention of someone doing this.

Avon, IIRC Vit made an attempt to model what amounted to be a Ka-27, albeit it was a huge ugly addon whose rotors turned in the same direction (the system of the contra-rotating helicopters is that the rotors turn in opposite directions, as was successfully implemented in BIS's V-80, amongst others).

Other than that, there was a nice beta of a Ka-26 by Ghost (with correctly contra-rotating rotors), check this page of OFP.info for pix & download.  wink_o.gif

Didn't people call Vit a fraud?

There was some question about the originality of his Mig-29. The original accuser, maker of the other Mig-29, apologized. There may have been some other concerns.

However, he is apparently still working on his Ka-27, so we have something to look forward to.

BUZZARD @ July 23 2004,03:51)] nice beta of a Ka-26 by Ghost (with correctly contra-rotating rotors)

Yeh .... very nice beta that ...... could be a good base to expand on.