Sign in to follow this  
Scrub

Does OFP need an LCAC?

Quote[/b] ]LCAC can move both on land and water, unlike M113 where on land they can move fast but on water, sluggishly. This LCAC moves on both land and water fast or slow as u wish.

wow_o.gif Great work Philcommando !

That all sounds great philcommando m8 you are the man in breaking the OFP limitations wow_o.gif

Holy $%#% PC ...... right out of left field again smile_o.gif

Great stuff ....... as for the textures, based on the features your talking about I'd be happy even if it only came in Hot Pink !!!

Damn ... this week will be a looonnnnggg week I can see !!!

biggrin_o.gif

Yippie. The LCAC is number 1 on my wishlist for OFP. @ philcommando, keep up the good work. It looks great. smile_o.gif

ok there is another name writen on my "which come first" list of the almighty OFP

(the model and texture look "simple" to me, but its OK i guess)

You crazy rock.gif

In my opinion they look great and they are pure unedited pictures and still look great to me wink_o.gif

Also they LCAC will be if I am not wrong be able to carry vehicles wink_o.gif

And the Tarawa will be able to land and walk on it  wink_o.gif

Also you say the model and textures look simple please show me some of your work rock.gif

lol.......i did said it "looks" simple

but i never said anything like "IT IS simple"

we all know what how many time and work have they used for a good addon or mod, and there just isnt enought way to thank them

besides, did you ever heard a saying "keep it neat and simple"?

and thats what i like about

Great features!

I'm looking forward to driving the LCAC!! biggrin_o.gif

But for me it seems a bit too small... well, correct me if I'm wrong...

Anyway, great work so far!

great to hear the scripts to allow it to carry vehicles and go on land, but it does seem a little squashed from the picture or it maybe just the angle.

Thanks Matt for the pic, but how does it perform ingame and what are its' features like?

Its the angle of the camera that made the LCAC seem squashed. I dont edit pics nor am a good pic taker. The size is as per blueprints:-

lcac-kb97_8.jpg

lcac_drawing_2.jpg

I guess there may be different sizes depending on operations, with the main L Kaks (Landing Craft, Air Cushion) used by the Navy being 87ft X 43 ft.

Wow, dug up from the depths..  tounge_o.gif

Hi all.  This project kinda died when Romolus got busy in RL.

Then I got sick for some time (and overwhelmed with projects crazy_o.gif )

Rom said there were a few limitations that need some creative solutions, namely tank spawning above ground level.  I.E. on LCAC deck.  

I said before, and I'll say again - this is a spark for the community to get going on.  The model is open to all takers - one at a time (person, team, army).  Gnat, you want to be next? Or PhillCommando, you want to use the model in your config (great work BTW)?  The texturing was going to be done by Asmodeus, but, as I haven't heard from him in 6 months, would someone else like to try?

There are elements that I left out (props, rudders & windowpanes) that would be better served with a 0 thickness surface, and I'm a solids guy, not surfaces.  So those will need to be added.  I can supply all model changes to the airform & superstructure, add a cockpit / passenger area if you need.  (want a carrier project too? have a hefty working model OTW tounge_o.gif )  PM me if you want the LCAC 3ds.

Thanks Scrub. I wasnt aware of your model being avaliable, thought it had been abandoned, otherwise i would pm you to work on the project, but its too late for me as my model which was specially constructed to fit the operations of Tarawa is already complete with a few minor touchups to go.

However i hope someone else will take up your offer, i am sure it must be a higher quality model than mine despite certain parts and performance solutions are not overcomed yet, afterall, OFP world is big enough to accomodate other LCACs as it did for the hundreds over M4! Dont let your work go to waste. wink_o.gif

All the best

ppl will wait till yours is out philcommando, then there will be someone asking you that if you can give them a go for using your script, then ask Scrub for the models and texture, fix them up and put them all into a large cup and shake them together biggrin_o.gif (j/k, anyway good to hear from you Scrub)

smile_o.gif

Hey, would someone please confirm for me that textures applied in 3DStudio Max transfer to O2?  I think Oyman once told me he was "pretty sure" they did, and since I can't get O2 working on my machine (or know it for that matter), I want to make sure only one texturing needs to be done.

Thanks to whomever has the will and the way  smile_o.gif

Hey, would someone please confirm for me that textures applied in 3DStudio Max transfer to O2? I think Oyman once told me he was "pretty sure" they did, and since I can't get O2 working on my machine (or know it for that matter), I want to make sure only one texturing needs to be done.

Thanks to whomever has the will and the way smile_o.gif

I once imported textures in O2. The textures do have to be in TGA and have OFP sizes 512x512, 1024x1024 etc. etc. smile_o.gif

EDIT:

You want me to import it in O2?

Quote[/b] ]Ironsight Posted on May 09 2005,08:04

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

You want me to import it in O2?  

Sweet!  Let me make a sample-textured model for you.  

PM where you would like the 3ds file sent.

Thanks!

Hi Scrub, thanks for the reply.

I suspect 4 in 1's idea may be the best, once we have checked out PC's LCAC and seen the "inner workings" :P it would likely be nice to then grab your model and finish off with PC's little tricks.

If the offers still on in a week or two I'll be in touch.

Cheers !

Quote[/b] ][APS]Gnat Posted on May 10 2005,11:56

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Scrub, thanks for the reply.

I suspect 4 in 1's idea may be the best, once we have checked out PC's LCAC and seen the "inner workings" :P it would likely be nice to then grab your model and finish off with PC's little tricks.

If the offers still on in a week or two I'll be in touch.

Cheers !

*PASSES TORCH*

You have it if you want it..  biggrin_o.gif

@ Ironsight:  I might need a few days to get a texture on the model as RL is killing me,  But I will send this week.

Thanks everybody.. I really want to see 4 tanks roll off this thing onto a beach someday.  Maybe OFP2 will be easier to work with.  wink_o.gif

Great to hear u working on it, Gnat. There's really no tricks to it..just common codes we use everyday. Depbo it apart and experiment with it. Hopes it comes in handy. Pm if u need any explanations.

As for tanks class rolling out, it may not be possible because Ai will rotate the turrets and vehicle causing it to bump against the sides of the LCAC, making the LCAC unstable. Ai will always move in formation, so to see it rolling out of the LCAC may not be possible unless you are the one to drive it.

Well what is the status of this?

Well how about reading forum rules? This thread is more than a year old. Its nice to have new members here, but i think its not that difficult to read the forum rules before posting?

Ontopic: I think Phil released the LCACs along with some battleship, download it here (english cookies)

Quote[/b] ]§4) Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. If in doubt as to what is "significant" PM a moderator and they will give you their opinion. As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion.