Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

Introducing F.E.A.R. - Half-Life 2 is done

rock.gif

looks like a "indoor" version of far cry... tounge_o.gif

Really nothing impressive.  rock.gif

The graphics blow everything out of the water....those screenshots look so much better than any other game ive seen, in my LIFE.

Really nothing impressive. rock.gif

The graphics blow everything out of the water....those screenshots look so much better than any other game ive seen, in my LIFE.

then you haven't seen much in your life... tounge_o.gif

cat6screen262g.jpg

pic2 (~200kb)

pic3 (~250kb)

Looks like Nice Guy Eddie from Reservoir Dogs.

And I have played Far Cry, yes the graphics are great, but THIS game looks amazing.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/fear/preview_6100592.html

Double click that video, and it will expand it. Definately has the sense of a real good horror type game. Very awsome.

I love the end of the video

High res textures+high poly models+DirectX capabillities+annoying "plastic effect"=what every FPS curently on the market has to offer,this one makes no difference.Absolutley nothing revolutionary...

Actually it pisses me off to see this trend in almost every single game coming on the market with levels as big as my backyard and a cheap hollywood like story resulting to one of the reasons why I will never get tired of waiting for OF2.It holds all my hopes for the game you will never get tired off with ultimate gameplay, and FREEDOM.

Been playing OFP for so long, not sure if I can go back to one of these "twitch" games.

The game is scheduled for release sometime in 2005.  You gotta admit, for a game that is still in development stage so early, that's damn impressive.

Also Placebo, (and any other Moderators)

I read the rules on the forum and it said:

real killing, mutilations, wounds, carnage,

The videos definately has this, but it's not "real" So i am guessing it's alright if I posted those videos....so...don't go nuts ...lol wink_o.gif

The game is scheduled for release sometime in 2005.  You gotta admit, for a game that is still in development stage so early, that's damn impressive.

A high-poly low-view distance engine, easily made with the off-the-shelf command language available to devs.

You have NO idea what the physics are like, you have NO idea what it plays or sounds like... it could be JUST like half-life, only with different models/textures.

Anyone can make some flashy renders, hell, you COULD make OFP look like that with some nifty post-processing (see Keg's "real water" thread)

Its yet another off-the-shelf directX 9 based FPS, probably with all of 5 mins worth of gameplay, and limited capabilities outside of the "sealed" buildings/courtyards... whoop-de-doo.

Yea i know....we don't know EVERYTHING about the game yet. But for one video, already, WOW.

It's clear to me, that after seeing amazing special effects, with troops arms being ripped off, and soldiers legs being torn apart if you shoot them long enough, I'm "pretty" sure that the physics would be similar to Half Life 2 and Far Cry, hell, maybey even better.

I'm just real excited for this game. I like all videogames reguardless of genre, as long as I can create my own stuff with them (I dont like being limited to what what the developers give you)

But man.... man o man o man...the gameplay in this looks alot more fast paced and action packed than in Half Life 2.

We can compare videos here, and graphics, and I would have to say F.E.A.R. topples over it.

Look at the differences

Anyone can make some flashy renders, hell, you COULD make OFP look like that with some nifty post-processing

Highly doubt OFP could look, or run on anything similar to that.

I know might not seem like a ground-breaking explosion of amazing quality, but it's one step above Half Life 2 thus far.

This game definitely has a great looking 3D engine judging by the screenshots and the “highres†movie (335Mb) I have seen. Its sure looks like a competitor to Doom3 since the both are horror FPS. I think F.E.A.R looks better than D3 though, it looks like it uses higher polygon models. It has some cool effects too(like when the grenade goes off) and it has a great physic engine also judging from the video clip. I like horror movies like “the ring†so I think I will enjoy this game.  ghostface.gif  smile_o.gif

High res textures+high poly models+DirectX capabillities+annoying "plastic effect"=what every FPS curently on the market has to offer,this one makes no difference.Absolutley nothing revolutionary...

I have to agree.

On the "way to photorealism", it looks if some game developers don't get it.

I will not buy any of such games, same with FarCry, too cartoonish. And I also will not buy any hardware for such "overpowered killer shooters".

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

This game definitely has a great looking 3D engine judging by the screenshots and the “highres†movie (335Mb) I have seen. Its sure looks like a competitor to Doom3 since the both are horror FPS. I think F.E.A.R looks better than D3 though, it looks like it uses higher polygon models. It has some cool effects too(like when the grenade goes off) and it has a great physic engine also judging from the video clip. I like horror movies like “the ring†so I think I will enjoy this game.  ghostface.gif  smile_o.gif

Tada!

my Hero...lol

I'm downloadingthe high res video now, b BIG download, I suggest everybody else also.. I loved "The Ring" and this game definately has that feeling to it. I care less about half Life 2 right now....

SOF2 with upgraded graphics, not too impressed. A real pipe-run, Far Cry and HL2 seem much better and have the same graphics.

You have NO idea what the physics are like, you have NO idea what it plays or sounds like... it could be JUST like half-life, only with different models/textures.

Actually, we do. tounge_o.gif

There's a 13 minute trailer available (you can get it at gamespot, or try to find a torrent to the high quality 300MB version.) The draw of this game isn't the way that it looks or even the gameplay -- it's the atmosphere. The game is creepy as hell, and that's the only reason that I'm interested in it.

I suggest that everybody watch the trailer before they pass judgement on it. If I hadn't watched it, I would have regarded it as just another mindless FPS. After watching it, the atmosphere has interested me greatly.

BTW, for anybody that watches the trailer...

Rewatch it. Pay attention during the elevator scene. You'll notice something right before the power is cut. I have a screen grab of it if anybody wants to know exactly what I'm refering to. This looks like a game that's going to have a good time playing with your head and making you shoot at shadows.

this thread basically shows that no matter what you cant please everyone,

i was totally shocked by how real it looks... but i would probably only play it for a couple of hours and be done with it...

liek CoD, BlackHawkDown, Unreal, H&D2, FarCry, etc. etc. etc.

(couldnt remember anymore of my game graveyard)

fancy games still seem to lack soul...