Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

US Army gets new combat uniform

Hey Ran if i'm right your French.I'd just like to congradulate you on a "lucky" win.... sad_o.gif

I'm not too much into football, but for once, we won a competition game against your team, just leave us this little pleasure, it happened so rarely tounge_o.gif we always owned friendly matches but always lost the other important ones ;)

yeah. although someone would have been proud to break away from tradition.

(how are those metallic buttons called ? you know the ones which consist in two parts, one which goes into the other)

snap buttons?

yeah, that's it, thx ralph

im going to get the opportunity to try the full BDU on, ill come back with a detailed chaffage report

i think the neck thing is padded which is nice but still, velcro and.....zips!

Hey Ran if i'm right your French.I'd just like to congradulate you on a "lucky" win.... sad_o.gif

I'm not too much into football, but for once, we won a competition game against your team, just leave us this little pleasure, it happened so rarely tounge_o.gif we always owned friendly matches but always lost the other important ones ;)

yeah. although someone would have been proud to break away from tradition.

lame tounge_o.gif

wow..you are taking it very nicely now. you won't even put up a fight. Pierre would have been proud. tounge_o.gif

anyways, seriously, i prefer buttons as well. when zippers go wrong, they really go wrong.

wow..you are taking it very nicely now. you won't even put up a fight. Pierre would have been proud. tounge_o.gif

anyways, seriously, i prefer buttons as well. when zippers go wrong, they really go wrong.

I remember once, in Djibouti, I had messed around all day long with a M64 vest on, at the end of the day, the zip was fubar and the only way to leave the damned thing was to brake the zip... I had to pay a new vest with my paycheck then tounge_o.gif

another problem, in other extremity is that when they become loose, they really become loose.

Oh thats just bloody great, now we need to do a retexture tounge_o.gif

I'm glad I got out of the Army when I did - those collars look really annoying.

I have had horrible luck with buttons and snaps, especially the ones on my LBE. The little snap buttons on the bottom where you hook up the musette pouches always break and fall off, i have to fix them with a little chisel thing i made.

These really dont look that bad in the way of efficiency, although i do like the marpat a little better

and, do you know of any rank insigna visible from the rear ? tounge_o.gif

Bigger ass = higher rank biggrin_o.gif

No but seriously, you can see shoulder insignia (for the most time) from the rear.

and, do you know of any rank insigna visible from the rear ? tounge_o.gif

Bigger ass = higher rank biggrin_o.gif

No but seriously, you can see shoulder insignia (for the most time) from the rear.

I know, I was just messing around a bit with you tounge_o.gif

OMG....that looks like one of those kids play suits.... biggrin_o.gif.Surely this uniform has to be an "urban" type coz it sure as hell aint woodland... rock.gif

he looks erm ... grey

For my comments regarding the new uniform, please go to the Starship Troopers topic about fascist clothes.

Since these look like the first step in that direction....

What the hell is up with the collar?! I know they wish they had MARPAT, but this is just stupid.

im predicting the collar is going to be one of those things no one wears unless its cold or something. This pattern is supposed to be a compromise between urban, woodland and desert so the army wont have to switch all the time.

on the other hand, it sure does stick out

im predicting the collar is going to be one of those things no one wears unless its cold or something. This pattern is supposed to be a compromise between urban, woodland and desert so the army wont have to switch all the time.

on the other hand, it sure does stick out

it's a bit like If i mixed strawberry jam, mayonnaise and bolognese sauce altogether because I don't feel like opening a different can/bottle everytime I want to use them and because I'm too lazy to carry all those three to my guests at different times of the lunch heh tounge_o.gif

at least they'll make easy targets now ....

LOOK !!!!!!!! A SMURF !!!!!!!!!! KILL IT

Uhhh...sorry US army design team... Winter is over...you'r a bit late...

Quote[/b] ]

June 14, 2004

WASHINGTON (Army News Service, June 14, 2004)  The Army will be fielding a new combat uniform designed by NCOs and tested by Stryker Brigade Soldiers in Iraq since October.

On the Army's 229th birthday, senior leadership introduced the Army Combat Uniform during a Pentagon cake-cutting ceremony. Soldiers were on display, suited-up in the wrinkle-free uniform with a digitized camouflage pattern.

Three different versions of the ACU have been developed, and more than 10,000 uniforms have been produced and dragged through the sand in Iraq and at Army training centers. Even more are on American production lines to be issued by April 2005 to Soldiers in deploying units. Fielding to the total Army should be complete by December 2007, said officials from the Program Executive Office, known as PEO Soldier.

There were 20 changes made to the uniform, to include removing the color black and adapting the digital print from the Marine Corps uniform to meet the needs of the Army, said Sgt. 1st Class Jeff Myhre, the Clothing and Individual Equipment noncommissioned officer in charge.

They must be working...... tounge_o.gif

Oh man more sign of the times.... thw world really is gonna end if US Army uses these things.

their tryin to copy off the marines ...but did a bad job.... biggrin_o.gif