Sign in to follow this  
SASR Sabre

Australian SASR

Hi all,

I would like to announce that myself and Skeg Man have been working on some Australian SASR units in Bushland and Desert camo.

We will need to get the ok from a few people to be able to release these units because we have used some models from them.

The pack atm has around 15 different SASR soldiers with a possibilty of more.

The textures where drawn by me and the models put together by Skeg Man. Skeg Man has altered Earls M4's with different sights and put Suchey's K-pot on the soldier models.

Please take into consideration that these are in early stages of production and there is work to be done on the textures etc. THEY ARE STILL WIP.

CamVSCam.jpg

SASR Soldier note textures are still being worked on and also that is the rig the soldiers will be using so please ignore the one on the ingame shots.

NEWrig.jpg

This is the new rig they will be using. Textures are WIP.

CornerHold.jpg

Some soldiers holding a corner.

SASRDESGroupAirportPatrol.jpg

Airport patrol soldiers.

SASRPatrolNEW.jpg

SASRCQBDENEW.jpg

The descam is still being worked on.

Constructive critisism welcome but please take note these are Work In Progress. Thanks  wink_o.gif

SASR are the Aussie version of the SAS right? looks very good, but one suggestion would be for the Des version would be those cloth items they usually wrap around there necks or heads (can't remember the name) would be good especially in the Afghan maps etc etc, but they look really good especially along with the Aussie Land rover that was released.

They are called Shemags ( i think rock.gif ) and i re-call Skeg man showing me a pic of one awhile ago but that might have been from his previous units. I think we could get one going though because i agree it is a good idea.

yeah wat we need is reallt nice Aussie units cos I'm a Aussie nut who lives in the bush. smile_o.gif

Nice units and keep going

Auscam Front

australia_auscam_front.jpg

Auscam back

australia_auscam_back.jpg

Just some pics to help ya

We need the ok from the following people/mods if we are going to release these units in the future.

Suchy & Earl = M4 models, HeadMic, and use of there backpack

BAS= Use of there APEQ/2, Holster, some Textures

LSR= Pro-Tech Helmet, Head, and Balaclava

Blb= Use of vest rigs, headmics, and torso model

We may have forgoten some other minor things, but we promise ppl will get credited for the work.

Thank you in advance

smile_o.gif

Looking good guys smile_o.gif Make sure you put plenty of descam on all the bottles, pouches and harnesses.

What weapons are u planning on using for the machine gun? And are you planning a javelin version?

If you want any refernce pics of shemags or pouches and harnesses let me know via a pm.

Please oh please include that goofy looking bush-hat...

Looking very good already. Textures really need some work, but I'm sure you'll adress it. Desert CAM looks like first pattern (which was way too light). Perhaps the second pattern is a better choise.

Perhaps you could contact Matthijs of Operation Lowlands Warrior (former Kmarnsmod). He has some nice C8's with Elcan sights.

i could be wrong so dont get mad crazy_o.gif bas said they dont care if u use their model iam not too sure

That's their infantry construction kit, which you can use adn the only thing they ask is that credit is given in the readme.

For texture work, i'd really like to recommend the Photoshop camoflage addon available here:

http://www.v-d-l.com/adrenaline_camouflage.html

I'm using this for work on the garment textures of our mod, and it really eases things up. Using photos for textures i've found doesn't work that good, so i go for this plugin, combined with several other filters. Results are quite good IMO. If you want some pointers, i'd be happy to assist! smile_o.gif

Right is camo straight from generator, left is good to go, but without creases, folds and weathering applied.

431_1087145725_untitled-2.jpg

U know, for those C8's with Elcan sights, theres a better alternative then E&S's M4's. The Lowlands Warrior mod has already produced high quality C8's, SFW's, etc, with really nice Elcan sights. The only problem is that there are no silenced versions, but its not too hard to add a silencer and change the sound config. smile_o.gif

I believe the SASR use the M4, and not Diemacos. At least, I've never seen any evidence that they use Diemacos rather than M4s. The presence of an Elcan sight on the weapon does not necessarily mean it is a Diemaco product.

Note the "step-down" in the barrel in the following image of an Aussie commando:

Link 1

And compare with this image from Diemaco's website of the C8A2:

c8a2.gif

So, the choice to use Earl's M4 as a base is quite correct, I believe.  smile_o.gif

The addons look great, Sabre. biggrin_o.gif

I would have thought M-4A5 with Elcan Wildcat scopes would be closer to what is actually used

@AgentFox2 -You are right the SASR use M4A5's not C8's and they have Wildcat sights mounted on them.

@Cpt.Frostbite - I will ask Skeg Man if he has one made i think he might

wink_o.gif

@thirtyg - The descam you see there has had nothing dont to it really that ones has just been slapped on the model to see how it is looking. Im doing the rest now.

you all plan on adding wrinkles do those textures right? Believe me its one thing all units should have now a days. Looking good so far. Might i suggest something? Dont model on the skimask on the player, use a really nice face and set them to those faces. Liquid snakes skimask faces are excellent ans they will look much better. Also everything is way to bright right now, more saturation and more darkness are needed, some better shadows wouldnt hurt eigther. Good work keep it up.

the textures you see on all these units are early the des textures dont have any kind of wrinkles on them yet. we have them on the units now tho they just arnt in the shots

tounge_o.gif

hum thats funny as from what i heard from a SASR officer (2nd Ltn grade i think) that he is using C8.........

Well the SASR is a Elite Unit so they should use what they find good for the job. smile_o.gif

Yes it is possible because thye are a special forces unit they have more of a choice so maybe they use a mixture of the two rock.gif

hey i like your models and everything they look really nice. Just a wild thought though popped up in my head when i was looking at them.

Im sure everyone has seen the trailer for VBS1 and that they have SASR in it well I really liked the one SASR model they have that has the boonie hat and sunglasses.

Now i Know it is close to impossible to make a unit as high res and a good as that in normal ofp but I think if you use the lbv you have maybe suchey&earls boonie hat model from the Marine grenadier retext it with SASR cammie patterns and make some bitching oaklies lol its should be pretty damn good looking.

But thats just a though tounge_o.gif

Yes it is possible because thye are a special forces unit they have more of a choice so maybe they use a mixture of the two  rock.gif

That is definitely a possibility. Although, I don't see the reason as they are basically the same weapon. An M4 by any other name would shoot just as sweet? Or something. biggrin_o.gif

The models are shaping up great, Sabre. One suggestion on that shemagh that I would like to extend; from the picture you provided, the shemagh seems very uniform and symmetrical, like a skimask. Shemaghs, kufiyas, and similar headwear are put together on the spot. My meaning is, the wearer assembles it on the head. Due to this, it's usually quite an imperfect and asymmetrical pattern. Perhaps a modification of the model and textures to emphasize a draping of the cloth? On the picture of the shemagh above, the absence of this draping effect is mostly noticeable around the eye-area, making it look like a retextured skimask.

Anyway, it's shaping up great. I hope you get permission from the various authors to use their work.  smile_o.gif