Sign in to follow this  
SASR Sabre

Australian SASR

Nice work Sabre - please don't get discouraged about the textures, I'm sure most people's comments were intended as constructive criticism. wink_o.gif

That's right.

Most of us are trying to help to make this addon better by sayin ghow it should look. Although this may sometimes feel like their aiming at you, it's really a strange way of supporting you in your efforts to create a good addon.

The models are awesome and the chest-rigs and vests look almost VBS1-like (that's good enough for me). I hope you get the textures right (and I'm sure you will) so this addon can become a really great one!!

Keep it up!!!!!

Edit;

you could also look at the textures in the BAS infantry construction kit to see how these were done. This way you get the textures right in terms of shadows and the aligning of textures (legs/arms).

yeh im alright guys biggrin_o.gif It just me frustrating myself because i also want them to look good and i have changed them so many time but it still dont look that way. mad_o.gif But these are my first units textures and im learning as i go along.

all gotta learn from somewhere ... and you will get better and better as you do more... smile_o.gif

yep, continue learning. As i said a pehaps a million times; textures are the real secret of addon making and are perhaps more important than a good model.

Don't be afraid to ask other texture-artist about their ways of making textures for soldiers. Perhaps they can give you tips or tell you something you didn't know.

They might also give you tips about the actual texturing of soldiers (not the making of textures, but the actual texturing of the model). There are different ways of doing this and perhaps they know a better/easier way for getting better results.

Hey SASR Sabre

Great work, your doing us aussies proud.

You might want to have a look for some pics from aus news papers of the aussies in Iraq.

especially the navy patrol and divers, they had some great upclose shots of them sitting on the docks and stuff.

Also my cousin is in the Aussie armed forces, has been for 17 years and he's in the solomans at the moment but he calls me reguarly so if u need any information, just give me a shout biggrin_o.gif

Looking great

Tim Pink

Ok cool thanks alot man. wink_o.gif

Also there is a newly formed ADF team which are going to make as many aussie ofp addons as we can. Please anyone with any skills contact me via PM or add me to your msn on Jakal0z@hotmail.com wink_o.gif

someone was making 2nd RAR (Royel Australian Regiment wink_o.gif ) Units awhile back. Seek his intrest in you ADF team smile_o.gif

Seems to me that no-one seems to read my posts. I've already made 2RAR units! Hmmmmmm, anyways Ill see ya all in a lil while! Hopefully ill get the units all together for release.

Unit completed include;

ADF Soldiers > Updated

ADF Soldiers Para > Updated

2RAR Squad

4RAR Squad

4RAR Recon Squad

SASR Patrol Team

SASR CQB Team

SASR Boarding Team > 2 different models, Pro-tech, and cap!

SASR HALO Team

TAG-E Team

Commando Squad

Sniper Team

Sniper Team (Suppressed)

Sniper Team (AW50F)

(DES) 4RAR Squad

(DES) 4RAR Recon Squad

(DES) SASR Patrol Team (Shemagh)

(DES) SASR Patrol Team (Half Shemagh)

(DES) SASR Patrol Team > 2 different models,Short-sleeve,cap

(DES) SASR CQB Team

(DES) Airport Patrol

(DES) Commando Squad

(DES) Sniper Team

(DES) Sniper Team (Suppressed)

(DES) Sniper Team (AW50F)

(Models by Selceted people, Textures by SASR Sabre, edited By Me)

Also currently working on SASR in Snow Camo.

Weapons Completed;

F88

F88/M203

F88S Elcan

F88S/M203 Elcan

F88 Carbine Size

(Models by DS, re-textured by Me)

All in Bush and Des Camo

F89S

F89S Elcan

(Models and Texures by ADF mod, edited by Me)

M4A1 Aimpoint

M4A1/M203 Aimpoint

M4A1 Aimpoint SD

M4A1/M203 Aimpoint SD

M4A1 Elcan

M4A1/M203 Elcan

M4A1 Elcan SD

M4A1/M203 Elcan SD

(Models and textures by S&E, edited by me)

Working On Descamo too

SR98 > Camoed

SR98 Suppresed > Camoed

AW50F > Camoed

M4A1 NV scope > Camoed

There a bunch of other selected stuff too, but i can't be bothered typing tounge_o.gif

Anyways Hope ya enjoy the lil list of stuff

Adios

ohh so you where the one making it. Glad your making some Aussie addons. Can you imagine world without Australians tounge_o.gif

ohh so you where the one making it. Glad your making some Aussie addons. Can you imagine  world without Australians tounge_o.gif

now now dont get too big headed there tounge_o.gif

if you need any help just pm me ..

i make models and i do a bit of texturing ...

but i use maya to make models ... not BIS's inhouse tool

i live in NZ but who cares, i am willing to help out.

I know you won't have time at the moment with the pack you're currently working on, but maybe an "Aussie Mercs" addon pack for the future (pics scanned from the Herald Sun newspaper):

pic01.jpg

pic02.jpg

pic03.jpg

ahhh the SASR mercs. Shit some good fire power. Fn Fals, AK47s. Guys in the middle got a AK as a side arm wow_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Alrity Boys, the Mercs are on the list! Maybe ill do em tonite and chuck em in the Dessie pack?!?! :P Also Im glad people read my post this time!! LoL

Adios

Here is the first pic of the Aussie Merc made up by skeg in a short time. Which i think turned out ok.

ausmerc.jpg

Skeg is going to add some guys with FAL's aswell wink_o.gif

ALRITE ALRITE!! So i put em on the list and then i basically ticked em off!! LoL, there not bad i think for a couple hours work. Yell out and tell us wot ya think.

Here is the first pic of the Aussie Merc made up by skeg in a short time. Which i think turned out ok.

http://www.rushworthp-12.vic.edu.au/home/you01/ausmerc.jpg

Skeg is going to add some guys with FAL's aswell wink_o.gif

Wow! You did that in a couple of hours...VERY impressive! smile_o.gif

OK, since you're so skilled, how about one with a beanie, too! tounge_o.gif

Seriously, great work there dude icon14.gif

unfortunatly the beanie version will have to wait two weeks. skeg man is going away for two weeks tomorrow. so that will give me time to work on textures lo they need. But im sure when he gets bac kthe beanie version can be done in 15 mins lol tounge_o.gif

Looks very good!

Now don't forget to add proper shadows and 'clothing effects' (is wrinkles the right word?) to the textures. You're doing great!