Sign in to follow this  
SASR Sabre

Australian SASR

Looking good as per usual. I pitty the fools who payed Å30 for ADF addon pack for VBS1 tounge_o.gif

How about Oakley goggles too? See alot of goggles with oakley on in Iraq pics. Is their any chance we could get working smoke grenades too? I think FDF has them, but i never see any other units that do.

biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  Im so glad that people are liking the units we're putting together!! All goggles and sunnies are by Oakley, the goggle straps have the "O" on them and the glasses have the "Oakley" name in the middle, which is hard to pick up on but its there. The smoke grenade thing, i'm workin on it but with us being only a 2 man team its hard and a HUGE work load, Sabre's gotta work on the textures, and I (Skeg Man) work on everything else! But in saying that, where getting there. I've also updated the original ADF Soldiers, and Para's, so they mite be on there way out soon too!! biggrin_o.gif I'll tell ya all now, theres a boarding party on the drawing board and also the 2RAR squad (Guys that are in Iraq using the F88) too. But anyways, must be leaving, gotta get back to it.

Adios Dudes, keep the posts comming

wow looking great, maybe you should use INQ's M4's Earls are too cartoonie, just a thought.

Altho the model of the CS look more(If we look at the main body of the M4) like a real one than Earls his still looks more like the M4 than the CS M4(made after a airsoft model or so it apears).

STGN

I think these Aussie Units look the coolest! Please try to have at least one unit with a Steyr. It would'nt seem Australian to me without one. Also I urge those addon makers listed before to lend their support [ie models] to this important new addon. Let us work together in a spirit of cooperation that can mutualy assure the long standing survival and further growth of this great tactical simulator know to the free world as Operation Flashpoint! unclesam.gif Remember: WHO DARES WINS tounge_o.gif

Remember: WHO DARES WINS   tounge_o.gif

I thought that was the british SAS saying. rock.gif

very nice ...

question tho

A) does camo patterns get bigger and smaller on basgs and that? i thought they all stayed in the same proportion??

B) i see alot of ppl making camo and so forth for soldiers .. but not many "if at all any!?!?!" add detail to clothing material ... like the effect of clothes bending / folding ...

and there is very little shadowing ... i mean look at ppl wearing cargo pants ... they arnt tight straight fitting are they??? and if you can pull it off make the clothes look worn a bit .. dirty so forth "they look brand new"... if you add that to the textures i am sure you could make the models look more interesting/ indepth ... and i am sure others would follow..

i e-mailed BAS guys one time about this before they released ... but i dunno if the e-mail got to them .. .but in the end the models had a bit of what i explained just then when released...

maybe it's the angles of the photos, but if that's the new desert camo I'm gonna have to say I like the older version better, it's a lot clearer

it might be because there is a little to much dirt on them i will do my best to fix it up crazy_o.gif

what size textures are you useing?

**note i am not hi-jacking ya thread nor am i telling how to do your job =:P ** just a tip or 2 =)

here is a quick pic of a mesh and texture of my models head **major suckage UV map BTW** hehehe

http://minion2.iwarp.com/helmet-test.jpg

**now the texture**

http://minion2.iwarp.com/helmet-texture-test.jpg

how i did this was in photoshop

and all i used is dodge and burn

Burn settings " exposure = 9% , Range = Shadows"

dodge settings " exposure = 6% , Range = Highlights"

as i said just tips ... not saying you suck or anything or me telling you how to do things ...

actualy i am a n00b at texturing

but i am in a game development course and we did 2 weeks of looking at objects then trying to draw them =:d

look im sorry if my textures are ruining the SASR addons. These are my first unit textures and i know they arnt up to some of the standards set by others today.

4RARAware.jpg

Groupcover.jpg

these textures looks better. Looks more like there been in the mud more. Just the arms and legs look square. I dont know much about texturng but there most be some way to do it. smile_o.gif

as i said dude .. i'm not saying you suck .. you are doing great =) " i like what i see now!"

i'm just giving tips to help give ideas to make them your best ...

cozz i know when you make something you dont wanna have to redo it all again to make it look better .. and to make others happy .. i learnt that the hard way ... so i take my time and do a good job of things as best i can ...

again i am not saying you are a shit texture artist ...

art is art you can never make art shitty =:P hehehehehe

yeah your right mna it is just like you said i have had to go over these texs heaps lol tounge_o.gif

hehehe =) keep at it dude ... look forward to these being released ... i know there will be a fear few Aussie OFP players waiting for these! =)

now i have to look at maybe makeing some Kiwi uniforms ... unless there are some good ones already out there =tounge_o.gif

nps They are updating those troops as i type so there may be a new version around some time in the near future wink_o.gif

Skeg Man has altered Earls M4's with different sights and put Suchey's K-pot on the soldier models.

Just for the sake of it, I need to ask. Did Earl give you guys concent for that? smile_o.gif

Yes. I contacted Earl and Suchey and we have the ok to use what we wnat from there stuff wink_o.gif