Sign in to follow this  
der bastler

UEFA Euro 2004

*hidingbehindhisdeskthatplacebocantseehim*  biggrin_o.gif czech rep is gonna loose this match!  tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

No way...we beat greece as many other teams in this euro(Sorry Ex-Ronin wink_o.gif )

The final will be played between Portugal and Czech Rep as i say long time ago, and it will be a great show and the better team will win  biggrin_o.gif  The better team will be Portugal , of course  biggrin_o.gif Nothing can stop us now!!!!

Holland went where Germany has no chance in hell of getting to in the next few years tounge_o.gif

We'll see - Holland has to qualify for the next World Cup, where Germany as host is already set tounge_o.gif

Otherwise, for tonight it is going to be a tough bet - piss of BIS' or Ex-Ronin biggrin_o.gif

Well, my bet is on Greece for tonight, 1 : 0

Otto is pulling another surprise, just as when he took over Kaiserslautern in the 2nd League and led them straight to the Championship two years later.

And then, the greeks stop working for Olympia, flatten Acropolis and build a biiiiiiiiiiiig monument to worship him biggrin_o.gif

Portugal deserved the win last night and played much better, I noticed slightly less diving but perhaps the fact RVN played evened things up on that score.

Czech Republic will win tonight and beat Portugal on Sunday smile_o.gif

If not then I hope Greece beat Portugal on Sunday, but I think Greece's journey will end tonight, of course I said that before Greece v France and we saw how that ended, but I somehow feel that the Czech Repulblic will have a better mentality for the match than France did.

I read that the Czech coach would get free beer for the rest of his life if he won this game.

Despite our progress, everyone still doubts greece. Tsk tsk tsk mad_o.gif We will see...

I wasn't able to see all of the game last night, because of a dinner with my girlfriends family crazy_o.gif. But saw the rest later. It was quite a good match, altough we didn't quite get to play our game. We were obviously outclassed by Portugal, but the ref helped too, slowing things down in the end.

For tonight, altough I really dig the enthousiasm of Greece, I'm affraid the Czech are far better. If they win the final will be exciting, Czech being the better team but having trouble playing against teams with sideplayers (wings?), as was seen in Czech-Holland and Czech-Denmark. With great individual players, Portugal might just pull it off. But then agains Czech is already so much focused on the final, they might be suprised by Greece smile_o.gif

As for Holland, we played a great tournament, mainly because my expectations were really low. An improvised team (didn't play a single game together before Holland-Germany) managed to get to the last 4, and the young players making a good entrance are a promiss for the future. Now, with the leaving of experienced but old players like Stam, Overmars, de Boer and probably van Hooijdonk and Cocu there's room for the new talent, who are definately gonna win in 2006 wink_o.gif (or atleast kick Germany's ass out of the tournament tounge_o.gif)

8 hours to go. If we win it tonight, there will be the biggest party ever, all over Greece. MAKE US PROUD BOYS!!!

From a pure football perspective ,i rather would have the Czech win than Greece.Czech play a very offensive game wit lots of nice actions and goals ,Greece plays enourmesly defensive wich makes a game more slow and boring IMO.

But afcourse like others i hav easily symphaty for the underdog ,then again something tells me that Greece should be very content of already reaching the half-final.

HELP;

I have to work soooo hard... I didnt even have the chance to watch the last 2 matches...

I wake up with a headache, sleep with work on my mind and go to bed with a headache..

it's quite interesting to see that the germans now all think that the coach of a team is such important... biggrin_o.gif

in german tv nobody speaks about "the national team of greece" it's just "otto's team" or something like that which is in the half finals. crazy_o.gif

From a pure football perspective ,i rather would have the Czech win than Greece.Czech play a very offensive game wit lots of nice actions and goals ,Greece plays enourmesly defensive wich makes a game more slow and boring IMO.

But afcourse like others i hav easily symphaty for the underdog ,then again something tells me that Greece should be very content of already reaching the half-final.

Well, personally I won't mind if anybody of the remaining teams win. I wanted Denmark and Holland out, and so it was.

The most 'harmonic' result would probably be:

Bronze - Czechs (it would be cruel for them to lose in the finals, a repeat of '96)

Silver - Greece  (has done extraordinary well already, silver would be overall an amazing achievement)

Gold - Portugal (host country, big party etc)

Personally I think I would however slightly prefer Greece or the Czechs to win overall. Portugal didn't play too well in the group games.

Objectivly I think the Czechs will win today.

Bronze - Czechs (it would be cruel for them to lose in the finals, a repeat of '96)

Hey, that would be a "shared" bronze with Holland! mad_o.gifwink_o.gif

In my humble opinion I'm prepared for the match tonight.

We will have Gyros with rice and Retsinas for dinner and additionally I bought a bottle of Pilsener Urquell...

biggrin_o.gif

Pilsener Urquell home

Hey, that would be a "shared" bronze with Holland! mad_o.gifwink_o.gif

That's right, there is no game for the third place. Forgot that. Yeah, in that case, shared third with Holland...

..unless you look at the previous encounter where the ČeÅ¡ki boys kicked the crap out of the Dutch lads wink_o.gif

..unless you look at the previous encounter where the ČeÅ¡ki boys kicked the crap out of the Dutch lads  wink_o.gif

If you close your eyes for the first 60 orso minutes that is...

it's quite interesting to see that the germans now all think that the coach of a team is such important...  biggrin_o.gif

in german tv nobody speaks about "the national team of greece" it's just "otto's team" or something like that which is in the half finals.  crazy_o.gif

Wait up buddy. First of all it is the coach who picks the team. As you might have seen those decisions are crucial to the outcome of a game.

Secondly, the german coach of the greek team did one good step. Greece is a huge football nation and it was therefore always surprising why it performed so embarassingly bad. The reason was the governance.

football in greece is also somewhat a Mafia thing, lots of people with power, some even with underground connections to criminal organisations... and so was the way those teams are managed. Each greek Capone and Don who had money or influence in any of the clubs tried to interfer with the national coach in the past. The national team was a platform for each and every man to show that HE too was powerful enough to interfer with the coach and to give advises and orders.

The german coach isolated the national team from such influences and had a tough time doing so, he was actually often involved in quite heated discussion but succeeded. Noone else than he himself was training and organising the team. And yes he succeeded. Dont downplay this! The players have been there for many years already and we know how they performed during the worldcup.

Also, anyone who knows football noticed that the team structure was well adapted to the opponents style of playing.

Well done coach!

That's what I heared too; previously the trainer had to go with either the AEK playstyle and players or the Panathinaikos one. For some reason, this coach managed to get them on one line and combine forces.

Heh, well, I consider Sven-Göran "Svennis" Eriksson the coach of the English national team to be a traitor, but for some reason it seems to be a minority view.

I think it is outright wrong to have a foreign trainer. It's supposed to be a national team. What's next? Can we hire foregin players as well? Hell, why don't we just pay another team to play it all for us? crazy_o.gif

Quite funny reading foreign analysis of our football biggrin_o.gif

You are all somewhat right, and somewhat wrong of course. But, things are changing and hopefully we will soon see more teams than just PAO and the national team doing well outside of our Alpha Ethniki smile_o.gif

Btw, I collected the IPs of all Czech ISPs, just in case blues.gif

Can we hire foregin players as well? Hell, why don't we just pay another team to play it all for us?  crazy_o.gif

Kuranyi, Deco et. al. spring to mind....

That's what I heared too; previously the trainer had to go with either the AEK playstyle and players or the Panathinaikos one. For some reason, this coach managed to get them on one line and combine forces.

I like your style, completely ignoring the red scum wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif