der bastler

UEFA Euro 2004

HAHA! I won on my second bet too  biggrin_o.gif

500 NOK for me  biggrin_o.gif

*Back to reality

Oh damn! WHY WHY WHY GERMANY?!

mad_o.gifcrazy_o.gifsad_o.gif

Hello everyone! Long time no post (again  tounge_o.gif )  smile_o.gif

I just feel so good. Maybe because I just came home after watching a match with some energy - Germany-Netherlands did have its charm!

But probably most because the Swedish team has played the greatest art of football so far - now that everyone has played - IMO  smile_o.gif And I'm not the slightest surprised over the Swedes performance, rather relieved to see that they really are as good as I thought (after a mediocre first 10-15 minutes). I would indeed be very surprised if we don't see any more of that in this wonder of the (my) world - Euro 2004!  biggrin_o.gif

Underbart, härligt, WOW - swap swap!!!!!

And probably also since that bloody *********** Woolnough from the Brittish tabloid paper Daily Star got to eat some of his shit  tounge_o.gif  Here is a link to the first encounter between SVT commentator (and former IFK Göteborg goalie) Thomas Wernerson and him (in swedish) - and if you search for 'Woolnough' on this page you can see movie clips from their encounters (in english).

But I'm not really a Swedish patriot (and don't bet on results  - its hard enough trying to objectively enjoy all the wonderful football without it - football is not about results, its about beauty and joy IMO), and if the Swedish team,after all, manage to play bad and boring football, then they can piss off!   tounge_o.gif

May the ones who play the most beautiful and happy football win!!!  biggrin_o.gif

But GO FOR IT Henke, Zlatan, Kimpa, Ljungberg, Chippen, Svensson, Isaksson, Jakobsson........  crazy_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

hehe yeah Woolnough that ... um.. squirrel...  biggrin_o.gif

Edit: Not that any one cares but i made some changes to my "dream team" (I was allowed to make 3 changes)

Before:

Christian Vieri/IT

Dado Prso/KR

----------------

Pavel Nedved/TJ

Patrick Vieira/FR

Christian Wilhelmsson/SE

Cristiano Ronaldo/PO

----------------

Igor Tudor/KR

Jorge Andrade/PO

Christian Panucci/IT

Andreas Jakobsson/SE

----------------

Fabien Barthez/FR

____

Now:

Henrik Larsson/SE

Zlatan Ibrahimovic/SE

----------------

Pavel Nedved/TJ

Patrick Vieira/FR

Christian Wilhelmsson/SE

Cristiano Ronaldo/PO

----------------

Fabio Cannavaro/IT

Jorge Andrade/PO

Christian Panucci/IT

Andreas Jakobsson/SE

----------------

Fabien Barthez/FR

There was one quite talented German in today's game, the one who replaced Schneider .... Bastian Schweinsteiger (Would that not mean something like "Pig climber" translated? crazy_o.gif)

Anyway, regardless of his name, I thought he was quite good.

He did look promising indeed....i think it was his first full international....he is only 18.

Yeah, both teams suck IMO. Anyway, I get to keep my 50% prediction rate biggrin_o.gif

wait till sweden faces a real opponent. The players that holland had sitting on the bench doing nothing are actually each earning more than the entire swedish squad!  tounge_o.gif

There was one quite talented German in today's game, the one who replaced Schneider .... Bastian Schweinsteiger (Would that not mean something like "Pig climber" translated? crazy_o.gif)

Anyway, regardless of his name, I thought he was quite good.

He had his good moments on the offensive, but on the defensive side he (together with Arne Friedrich) left to much room for Overmaas. Due to this Friedrich had often to clear the situation at the cost of a corner.

I think Phillip Lahm did an outstanding job on the left.

I think Phillip Lahm did an outstanding job on the left.

But then again his direct opponent, van der Meijde, played really poor. He had only one good moment, or Lahm had one bad moment, just before the equaliser by van Nistelrooij

He did look promising indeed....i think it was his first full international....he is only 18.

He played crap! mad_o.gif

But then again his direct opponent, van der Meijde, played really poor. He had only one good moment, or Lahm had one bad moment, just before the equaliser by van Nistelrooij

It wasn't Lahm but Fabian Ernst (just substituted Thorsten Frings), who lost the ball to v. d. Meijde.

It wasn't Lahm but Fabian Ernst (just substituted Thorsten Frings), who lost the ball to v. d. Meijde.

oh, sorry about that wow_o.gifwink_o.gif

"Steig" means "to rise".

So I would assume the name comes from someone who had an occupation of raising pigs - a hog farmer.

As for the game, I couldn't care less. smile_o.gif

Greece just got its second vote smile_o.gif

France is getting nearer to England, and germany and the netherlands are doing both better, even after their poor performance yesterday rock.gif

Greece just got its second vote smile_o.gif

France is getting nearer to England, and germany and the netherlands are doing both better, even after their poor performance yesterday rock.gif

Jesus... what bad performance are you talking about. Just because the dutch were lucky to get through doesnt mean germany were performing badly as well rock.gif

Jesus... what bad performance are you talking about. Just because the dutch were lucky to get through doesnt mean germany were performing badly as well rock.gif

I said "poor", by which I meant slightly better then "bad".

You've got to be honest, Germany was playing crap aswell. The outcome was just, noone was "lucky", you could see that by the happines of the german players after the final whissle. Either way, at this level both teams, including germany, are not good enough to win this kind of tournament.

I think Germany showed great potential yesterday, with their multiple changes in pace and quick transversal passes. Too few attackers most of the time, though, and Schweinsteiger impressed noone with his outdated tricks, he should have passed the ball faster in quite a number of cases IMHO.

I must admit I had (and still have) a hard time figuring out what exactly the Dutch game is made of. Still, van Nistelrooij's goal is fully deserved IMHO, as I find Wörms' way of defending (by grasping strikers' arms and waists and preventing them from moving) purely and simply outrageous : Brisk should have at least yellowed him, they're playing football, not rugby FFS  mad_o.gif

I bet that Portugal and Spain wins, 250 NOK (36$, 30€, 20Å) on each of them.

What do you think about the swedish referee's job in the game?

Don't tell me this is a real match  rock.gif

I said "poor", by which I meant slightly better then "bad".

You've got to be honest, Germany was playing crap aswell. The outcome was just, noone was "lucky", you could see that by the happines of the german players after the final whissle. Either way, at this level both teams, including germany, are not good enough to win this kind of tournament.

You seem to forget something. This wasnt just an ordinary match, this was high quality dutch strikers (some of the finest in the world) against a famous german defense (known to be iron-like in competitions).

What did you expect, a nice beautiful game with lots of brasilian dancing. Sorry but this match was too important for that

You seem to forget something. This wasnt just an ordinary match, this was high quality dutch strikers (some of the finest in the world) against a famous german defense (known to be iron-like in competitions).

What did you expect, a nice beautiful game with lots of brasilian dancing. Sorry but this match was too important for that

I knew it wasn't going to be pretty. I expected 2 teams who tried to attack but got stuck on tight defenses, with the Netherlands having most of the field and the germans having the best in defence. But it wasn't like that.

Let me put it this way: We played absolutely terrible. We were falling over the ball, couldn't make descent passes and hardly got further than 3/4 of the field with a setup attack. If in the end the score is a just 1:1, the only conclusion I can draw is that germany wasn't playing very well either.

true true...but maybe both teams did their homework well and knew how to confuse the opponent and to prevent him from building up a strategy.

I just found an old version of FIFA and played it. (Both me and fifa sucks at football  tounge_o.gif)

Anyway, i collected some video footage of the game Sweden -  Denmark (~10mb) The Quality is quite poor, and movie maker crated some strange lag at two or three places.

This is also my prediction for that game. (Next Tuesday)

smile_o.gif

hihihi i'm french and we have the best team with Zidane, Henry, Thuram, Barthez etc.....

England go home ahahaha