Sign in to follow this  
bn880

The Bastige Island 6

Yesterday 10 guys and a couple of AI started out to liberate Everon "Bastige Island (Everon) V1.3", sadly we was defeated. After 4 hours the server [NoPryl] didn't respond any more, we may have pushed the OC to high. The server failed prime95 after 5 hours, when tested afterwards.

Until then this was the closest I ever have been to feel, "yes this is done right".

Once I sent my AI screening in front of me. Two min afterwards I followed and suddenly, where nothing should have been, I was surrounded by hostile solders. I wish peace and health to all the world, but playing this was very fun. Much closer to real combat compared to anything else I has been playing before.

Salute to you bn880 for your solid work, this is an 9,5 out of 10 smile_o.gif hopefully you will be around for long time to come.

Don't miss this mission, best coop ever smile_o.gif

Regards

Ps Ok I admit “I don't play Hexenkessel very ofen, so all players should maybe don't take my word to litterally.â€

biggrin_o.gif Glad to hear your feedback, I will be around, still have to upgrade the Nogova version, remember? tounge_o.gif

New versions of Bastige Everon 1.31, Bastige Nogova 1.1, CoC AIOD revision 34

All links at first post.

Basically Bastige Nogova was updated to the same standard as Bastige Everon, and in both missions there is AIOD revision 34.

AI-OD revision 34 restores unit ranks after respawn.

Thanks to Joltan for reminding me about the rank vs rating in cfgExperience. biggrin_o.gif

Once again Bastige Nogova updated to 1.12

New features, several, but most important:

Air assault team of 2xAH64

Armor support arrives by LST 60 minutes into mission.

We're about to try this out on Zeus Addon server, be there or be square. (WGL4.12)

Debrief:

We had a good mission yesterday, got quite a few people

Ended up killing 385 enemy soldiers before everyone got too tired or crashed biggrin_o.gif Approx 3h.

At one point we had a supply convoy of 12 vehicles, armor teams, commander, and initially air support squad. Only problem that still occurs is ramboing with one or two units, and this will be adressed by limiting respawn number per each player, not entire force to draw from. We want people who are irresponsible to dig their own grave, not ours... even if that's not 100% realistic. smile_o.gif

Bastige Nogova 1.15 is Up at same link

Features _many_ changes and some optimizations, and improved AIOD system.

I will post up an improved AI-OD soon, revision 35. (no post will be made, just check the first post until 35 is up)

If you are going toplay this mission with success, you will need some good Unit cohesion, and enough human leaders.

Internet.

Zeus Addon is in your gamespy list... smile_o.gif

EDIT: Yeah AIOD revision 35 is up ther. As always 1st post has links.

Sorry, just fixed filename inside .zip, redownload PLZ.

BN880

Are you guys playin on a local net or the internet

Zeus addon, check my signature for the ip if you want it. Also click the wee little picky in my sigy that says Zeus. Check ya later  biggrin_o.gif

On topic again:

Wow nice mission, real good fun Bn880  tounge_o.gif

*X hides in the shadows again where there are no moderators watching*

is there any chance you could release a small demo using the ai on demand (like 1 or 2 groups so I can see how it works) The bastige Island has a lot going on and I want to utilize only the AI on Demand right now (one script / tool at a time).

I'm also trying to figure out what the benefit of it is over say... scripts that delete a group at the beginning of a mission and respawn it with way points when triggered. It seems like a lot of code for what it does (although I am sure I am missing something). The only major difference I see that would save some cpu cycles is that the ai can turn on and off. Whereas a script that spawns them can only activate / not deactivate.

I looked around, I didn't see any threads dedicated to AI ond Demand and the COC website doesn't have anything related to it. But I appologize if this is talked about elsewhere.

Hi, the AI-OD scripts are located purely in the /CoC_AD folder. Inside is a readme for implementation. The other folders and so on are other things in the mission you do not need to worry about.

No demo will be made, the readme and mission is quite sufficient.

No other system out there does specifically what AI-OD does, as you will find out. It does not delete groups after they are re-inserted, as that breaks possible AI plans. The main feature of this system is a conditional re-insertion of the groups, not something based on system related triggers or waypoints, but anything you wish.

Okay people, finally both versions of Bastige missions have been updated, and are at about the same level.

Same links as usual. The briefing in Bastige Nogova is a little for more serious gameplay, if you like that sort of thing you may try it. smile_o.gif

What to expect in these versions:

[*]Better insurgent effects and assaults, much more random too.

[*]Lowered the level of the screaming etc. Decreased chances of screaming from wounds, it was too common.

[*]Removed some objectives in both missions, enemy is more concentrated for nicer battles ;p

[*]LST brings in a load of vehicles 60 min into mission.

[*]Support call broken up into 4 separate calls, to avoid any sort of overload iwth all that AI.

Etc.

Had a pretty good mission today, some players were actually serious ;p

BI2.jpg

Once people reached 5 deaths, they were out... (depends how many players are there)

Jinef

Do you have to have the CoC network services to play this?

does this have to run on a stand alone server or can I use my machine as the server and play.

You need the CoC NS2 Addon yes.

You can run it via your local server yes, to play on your own (you won't get far).

Further up the thread some guy was wondering if he could test the mission with just himself and you said it was possible. Me and my friend are trying to play and all that happens is that it initializes everything, then we end up sitting in the choppers, nothing happens. So we kill the pilots, no gas in the chopper. So we're just stuck in the island, know of anyway to fix that??

Me and my friend are trying to play and all that happens is that it initializes everything, then we end up sitting in the choppers, nothing happens. So we kill the pilots, no gas in the chopper. So we're just stuck in the island, know of anyway to fix that??

Well the mission is designed for multiplayer, so there will be AI pilots in the chopper, unless someone picks that spot, and they will not fly away as they have no waypoints given. So unless your chosing a chopper spot in the player setup screen, your going nowhere. Or you can kill the pilots, but you'll have a hard time flying as this is scripted that way. Players that are not pilots are not able to fly just in RL.

For the choppers having no fuel. As far as i know that's a WGL feature. You wait a few secs and the chopper goes through a procedure (all kinds of text appearing in your screen) and then you suddenly have full fuel and you can start up your engine. If the above is not true then i suggest you have a good talk with bn880.

@bn880

Sorry bn880 i was only trying to help LOL  tounge_o.gif

Yes, as you say Warrior X, that's exactly right.

You need to control the western forces yourself, the enemy however is there to oblige. wink_o.gif So, you can even take the boats that are near ASLT.

Jinef

I have been playing Breakthrough with some folks that are new to ofp and we have been having a great time with it. It gives a good opportunity to show the capabilities of ofp using coc arty system and wgl's mortar and laser system. I modified it a little by adding a littlebird helo to insert the sniper team because the hill 146 is a tough place to be :-). Since I cant find 40+ people to play the mission it makes it a little more fun for 4 of us to get in the thick of things. Great job and hope to see more missions from you.

HI guys I have set up a dedicated windows server for ofp and when I run the Breakthrough mission it crashes the server. I get the following error

Preprocessor failed on file mpmissions\_cur_mp.noe\description.ext - error 1.

Any ideas? I can run the mission on my own system as the server but not on a dedicated server.

By the way guys, there is a different mission type from me ready for download. It is a Coop, and looks the same initially as BI, but it ends up being a Capture and Hold operation more than a free for all that Bi always became.

Bastige Everon Capture and Hold rev.1.07

A combined arms operation to capture and hold an airfield.

We have had a few runs of the mission on Zeus Addon and it plays a lot better than the old Bi/BN stuff, heavy emphasis on fortification and patrols of the southern part of the airfield. The AI counter attacks in coordinated operations, making defense much more difficult than it would be in a random mayhem.

New version on Zeus gunterland - get it from our server as it works there.

Will also try to get it uploaded.