Sign in to follow this  
bn880

The Bastige Island 6

NEW VERSION OF "BASTIGE ISLAND" POSTED

NEW MISSION "BASTIGE NOGOVA" POSTED

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Both are basically the same arrangement but on differing terrain, one exception is that Bastige Island Mission has the experimental regoup functionality to make AI groups join a leading player if possible.

Enjoy

(First post has DL's...)

WTG bn880!

Affraid I missed you tonight again over at Zeus but will try again tomorrow night and see if there is and Bastige action tounge_o.gif

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Thank you for the mission makers version of Ai on Demand, bn880. This will make things a whole lot easier for mission makers to use your sublime scripts. biggrin_o.gif

I finnaly maneged to get a group to spawn using a conditional. I used the variable name "o1" as you suggested and it worked. Here is the INIT line I used to get it to work.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> [this,{o1}]call loadfile"CoC_AD\addgroup.sqf"

There was a slight problem however. I used a group of 10 soldiers and used INIT code to get them to start up in a BTR 80. When Ai on Demand initialised, the group vanished as expected but 4 extra guys including an officer mysteriously appeared around the vehicle. When the conditional was set to true, the group spawned into the vehicle but the 4 extra soldiers remained where they appeared and just stood there while the orriginal group drove off in the BTR 80. There were no error messages and the nothing else seemed to go wrong. Any ideas as to what happened. I've tried it a few times and keep getting the same results. Something I may have done/not done?

Sounds like the dummy model/texture objects (which look like soldiers) are not being removed. I'll try to look into it, we had no such issues on BI/BN maps so far.

@KeyCat, there realyl were no games of BI/BN yesterday, I was actually too busy to start anything and people were playing FDF as well. Maybe today a little later...

Copy that bn880. Will keep my eyes open and I'm sure I will make it in time someday ;-)

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Try now. smile_o.gif

Zeus Addon server

WGL4.12

Join in

We had a pretty good game, thanks for coming KC, but here is the story of playing BI/BN:

You need at least 6 stable and serious players; 2 dedicated pilots and 4 squad leaders.

This means that an optimal start is with 9 people, so that 3 can drop out while not leading anything and you still have enough human leading power to challenge the enemy.

Pilots need to be serious, and understand what an LZ is, a SAM site, and what it means to secure an LZ. wink_o.gif You can really screw things up by being ignorant. smile_o.gif

Pilots get rewarded for their numerous insertions/transports by having the possibility of flying a soviet attack helicopter if all goes well. smile_o.gif

Hope to have a game during the week, maybe even today, certainly next weekend/friday.

Cheers

Yea, it was fun trying out Bastige Island and I fully understand that we where to few last night to really get som punch in that assault.

Thanks for an interesting mission and thanks to the Zeus guys hosting it. Will keep an eye open and definetly try to join next time Bastige Island is running smile_o.gif

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Aloha! (yeah right)

I have fixed the remaining AI-OD bug which was bugging Mani2, revision 31 of AIOD is available at first post in this thread.

New versions of the 2 Bastige missions, fixes/changes:

[*]small fix to support which sometimes meant it didn't come on Nogova mission

[*]updated AIOD to revision 31

[*]WGL Briefing launcher selection workaround; select the launcher and leave magazine slots free, the mission will give you ammunition once it starts wink_o.gif

[*]Diabled WGL rotor wash... ugh

Cheers,

PS: you can host these missions freely if you have a server with WGL4.12 and Editorupdate 1.02, the missions are working very well now with any number of players...

We had a game today, heh, but unfortunately people did not follow a master plan, the briefing plan, nor held a front. biggrin_o.gif

Jinef updates/makes 6 strategic MP missions utilizing AI-OD and other features by me

DOWNLOAD Jinef's Strategic MP missions

Quote[/b] ]These are strategic missions based on the AIOD system made by Bn880.

These missions are designed to be played on Zeus Addons in a serious environment where humans play as squad leaders.

Addons needed for most missions include -

CoC NS 2.0

CoC UA 1.0

Editor Update 1.02

USMC markers

Addons for FDF -

All above

PMC AEC island

Addons for Vietnam -

Seb nam pack 2

Footmunch F4

CoC UA 1.0

Jam_Magazines

BAS Weapons

WGL missions (WGL 4.12+)

Air Assault (1 hour) - The core mission type of this pack - a airmobile infantry platoon is tasked to take a strategic hill.

Breakthrough (2 hours) - Mechanised infantry platoon is tasked to launch an offensive across Nogova.

Op Eternal Virtue (2 hours) - Mechanised infantry platoon is tasked to take 3 key towns.

FDF missions (FDF 1.3+)

FDF Air Assault (50 mins) - Essentially same missions as WGL air assault with Finnish forces. Plays very differently though.

FDF Hill 238 (1 hour) - Essentially air assault with Finnish forces and a different hill.

Nam Missions (Seb nam pack 2) (Work In Progress)

Nam Hill 430 - A Aircav platoon and a USMC section is tasked to take a big hill with air support and arty.

Edit: I believe you can host his missions on any server you please. smile_o.gif they are currently hosted on Zeus Addon server along with my BI/BN missions.

Okay, join us on Zeus Addon tonight for some coop, we are going to try a few of these missions if possible (BI/BN and Jinef's ones), we just need some serious players. biggrin_o.gif

If the game isn't on now it will be later...

New versions of BN and BI missions at same links.

I intend to put up even newer versions in about 30 minutes, and will not post again not to spam.

Ah by the way, we had some good games of Bastige Nogova today on Zeus, quite coordinated and people were much more responsible. Thanks to Zeus team for the games.

But and am I the only one who got a headache from it? biggrin_o.gif

hi BN880.

i played your 1st release of this and liked it alot, but because i play it solo the WGL pack is quite unfriendly. i looked into the mission files to remove the WGL addons but it is over my head smile_o.gif . would it very hard for you to release an addon free version?? i can use Y2K3 mod then and play it solo.

cheers

New versions up

Changes:

Quote[/b] ][*]Limited total player lives(respawn) to 60(veteran) and 90(cadet). AI deaths do not enter this equation. After all respawns used dead players get a controllable camera, if all players die, you have failed for good.

[*]Added 1 spare CH47D with lifting capability.

[*]Added several 5t trucks at base, to be flown in as transport for the assault on the rest of the island.

[*]Removed enemy SU25 as it was attacking the base too much.

[*]Increased player punishment on death.

[*]Expanded statistics.

@Sinister, I have no intention of spending time on a non-WGL version. Sorry. I am already maintaining 2 versions of the mission, and in all honesty I don't actually have time for either biggrin_o.gif (making time)

A screenie from todays mission:

BI1.jpg

That's Baz on the HM. biggrin_o.gif

Unfortunately everyone broke out in a spell of sillyness and started doing stuff like landing CH47's on wooden ramps.

New Versions of Missions Uploaded at same links.

Bastige Island (everon) 1.25

Bastige Nogova 1.08

Changes

[*] Removed: respawn no longer on remote island or airfield

[*] Added option: Unit leader sets the start (respawn) point for his unit, he must be disembarked, and hold his position 30s to set the start point. This avoids the long time spent for re-insertions, and it makes sure the SP is not in a very unsafe area. It should also allow for fortification of the start points throughout the mission progress.

I hope to freeze changes for a while, this should be quite playable without so much whining about re-insertions.

Thanks to Killswitch, Looz, Baz and others who helped to betatest and evolve the mission.

10+h ago. New Versions of Missions Uploaded at same links.

Bastige Island (everon) 1.26

Bastige Nogova 1.09

Changes

[*] Estimated time left now calculated for MP games. Will hold around 120 minutes until estimated time is less. (OFP Browser Limit of 120 minutes)

This time I seriously intend to do only bugfixing for a while, not more options. It's addictive though.

I notice many people playing Bastige Nogova but old versions, please check your download links if you don't have B.N. V1.09 and B.I. V1.25, the download locations have changed since the first versions of the missions:

<span style='color:red'>DOWNLOAD Bastige Nogova Mission V1.09 800KB</span>

<span style='color:red'>DOWNLOAD Bastige Island Mission V1.25 800KB</span>

BOTH REQUIRE WGL 4.12 and Kegetys Editor Addon 1.02

WGL thread

NEW Bastige Island (Everon) V1.3

NEW Revision of AI-OD (rev 32)

Changes to BI

Quote[/b] ]

[*] Reduced number of enemy snipers by a large factor.

[*] Introduced more AA gunners into APC's and so on.

[*] Reduced AI skill to prevent WGL snipering with small arms.

[*] Calling for support now requires double clicking, and will display who called it to everyone.

[*] Fixed bug which did not allow for weapons to be picked up from dead enemies. (AI-OD bug)

[*] Replaced some repair/refuel vehicles to make sure they are functional.

[*] Fixed insurgent equipment. (was useless before)

[*] Changed workout regiment a little.

Bastige Nogova will be updated to the same standard soon.

CoC AI-OD changes:

Quote[/b] ][*] Fixed bug which caused spawned unit's weapons to be unavaiable when it was killed or when the unit was viewed in map notebook.

[*] New: onSpawnUnit.sqf added

CoC_AD\onSpawnUnit.sqf can be used to execute commands on your newly created units, "_this select 0"

is the new unit object. Various properties like group and weapons may not yet be set upon entering the function,

therefore it is recommended that an .sqs is started from the .sqf waiting a few seconds. If not used,

leave the file CoC_AD\onSpawnUnit.sqf completely empty to save network traffic.

Enjoy, if you dare.

FULL/Updated Bastige Island Specs:

Quote[/b] ][*] MP Coop 3-37 players (includes a mortar section, special forces unit, and airlift team)

[*] WGL 4.12 units/weapons

[*] Over 700 enemies to neutralize

[*] CoC AI on Demand system Revision 32 which removes un-necessary AI until needed (fixes all known bugs)

[*] Respawn at 90s, unit leader can move spawn point to his position via an option and holding for 30s

[*] Total player respawn for entire mission is 60(veteran) 90(cadet), after which you get a controllable camera

[*] Adjustable Terrain Detail and View Distance (for squad leaders only, not recommended above 1500m for server FPS)

[*] Difficult to predict enemy behaviour from run-run

[*] Projected time to comlpete entire mission in coop: 3-10h, depending on number of human players

[*] Enemy AI yells out differnt orders and screams when needed

[*] Enemy AI can surrender when in really bad situation

[*] Enemy AI can regroup to strengthen defense

[*] Fortification Suite which allows soldiers to build up defenses for battle (drop weapons to use)

[*] Unit markers move with each Unit for situational awareness

[*] Option to tie weapons to respawning players. (non-team player protection)

[*] Enemy AI will use flares during the night under some circumstances

[*] A small level of insurgent activity

[*] Revolutionary training/punishment system for human players.

[*] Estimated time left estimated by enemy and friendly losses.

[*] Enemy AI suffers shock when wounded just like you do in WGL.

[*] Enemy AI bleeds when wounded, according to size of wounds, bleeding may stop.

[*] WGL rotor downwash disabled.

Bolded are features not listed before.

Just back from a holiday and tried out the newest "Ai on Demand" for mission makers. I'm getting some problems with units not being deleted on initialisation.

Test: 3 default Sov groups, all set to spawn when a bmp blows up, setting a variable called o1, to true. I used this bit of code in the groups leaders init line <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[this,{o1}]call loadfile"CoC_AD\addgroup.sqf"]

Results: The first group in the mission.sqm has two troopers removed on init. Both the second and third groups have all units removed except each groups lowest ranked trooper. (1 unit per group) After the the variable o1 is set to true the removed troops spawn as expected. (and execute me for blowing up the bmp smile_o.gif)

Looking forward to trying out your latest BI on the Zues server again. Last time, I was having loads of fun, when my my connection went just as we captured the airport. *shakes fist at service provider*

Jinef updates 6 strategic MP missions utilizing revision 32 AI-OD and other features

DOWNLOAD Jinef's Strategic MP missions

Quote[/b] ]These are strategic missions based on the AIOD system made by Bn880.

These missions are designed to be played on Zeus Addons in a serious environment where humans play as squad leaders.

Addons needed for most missions include -

CoC NS 2.0

CoC UA 1.0

Editor Update 1.02

USMC markers

Addons for FDF -

All above

PMC AEC island

Addons for Vietnam -

Seb nam pack 2

Footmunch F4

CoC UA 1.0

Jam_Magazines

BAS Weapons

WGL missions (WGL 4.12+)

Air Assault (1 hour) - The core mission type of this pack - a airmobile infantry platoon is tasked to take a strategic hill.

Breakthrough (2 hours) - Mechanised infantry platoon is tasked to launch an offensive across Nogova.

Op Eternal Virtue (2 hours) - Mechanised infantry platoon is tasked to take 3 key towns.

FDF missions (FDF 1.3+)

FDF Air Assault (50 mins) - Essentially same missions as WGL air assault with Finnish forces. Plays very differently though.

FDF Hill 238 (1 hour) - Essentially air assault with Finnish forces and a different hill.

Nam Missions (Seb nam pack 2) (Work In Progress)

Nam Hill 430 - A Aircav platoon and a USMC section is tasked to take a big hill with air support and arty.

Edit: I believe you can host his missions on any server you please. smile_o.gif they are currently hosted on Zeus Addon server along with my BI/BN missions.

We've been trying to play the latest versions of Bastige and are finding a problem with the heli. For some reason you need to keep the UP key pressed to keep the engine engaged. Consequently releasing the UP key to land makes the heli fall out ot the sky! This makes the heli unplayable.

With the leader setting the spawn point, is all that is needed is for the leader to stand stationary for 30 seconds?

He designed it to where you have to be a pilot to fly. Pick the pilot spot.

We've been trying to play the latest versions of Bastige and are finding a problem with the heli. For some reason you need to keep the UP key pressed to keep the engine engaged. Consequently releasing the UP key to land makes the heli fall out ot the sky! This makes the heli unplayable.

What he said above. smile_o.gif (try autorotating ;p)

Quote[/b] ]With the leader setting the spawn point, is all that is needed is for the leader to stand stationary for 30 seconds?
Well yes, of course you need to actually select "Set Spawn Point" or whatever it is in the Settings/Options menu first.