Sign in to follow this  
bn880

The Bastige Island 6

Last time I played this on Zeus (Pretty sure it was friday) we killed the server once and almost killed it a second time, with only about 12 people playing. Most of the humans were piled into the 1st squad (I was commanding... maybe that's why we died so much tounge_o.gif ) with the 2nd squad left to all AI with human commander (Jinef too), but yet while playing it eventually degraded to an unplayable point due to major amounts of lag and desync. Joni would blast a BTR 3 times and it'd still shoot, they're be invisible infantry and tanks all over, and lots of running in place as well.

Is beta3 supposed to fix all this?

Yeah, that was the feedback from Beta2, Beta 3 fixes all that biggrin_o.gif You can give it a shot again and see if it's all clear, I suspect it will be.

The shadow warriors tounge_o.gif FYI all of it was caused by overly agressive CPU usage on behalf of AI-OD, I was focused on making sure the system worked on the Zeus server, but it was a little too much. Now it is good, and if you do have desync and CPU framerate problems, it's the servers capability. wow_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Okay your Release Candidate 1 is available (see first post).

I am thinking about the UA version... UA 1.0

Cool. I installed it on our server and we will give it a try in the next days biggrin_o.gif

Hello there, I make missions for a UK based co-op squad called Volcbat. My attention was recently drawn to this thread by one of our members. First of all, may I just say that this is been the biggest thing in OFP for me, since Resistance came out.

Once I had found out what your work actualy does and watched a war break out on my PC (without the usual frame rate drop) I decided that we must use this system for our missions. The only problem was that we have a strict list of addons, that our mission makers must follow. As we dont use the WGL, Artilliary scripts or any US units (being British) I set about removing all 700 units and replacing them with UKForces units and standard BIS Soviets. It nearly killed me but I did it. I suppose I should of asked permision for this but I have made sure that everyone in the squad knows that the system is your work. I have also been using the system in my own missons now and what crazy missions they are. Objectives all over the map, patrolls everywhere ect.

There are one or two questions I would like to ask however.

1. How can I stop the WGL_* errors appearing as the missions start?

2. When I use the Resistance forces as the enemy, they don't come back to life, when they come into view distance. Is there a way of getting Ai on Demand to work on them too?

3. Is the view distance taken from only one player group leader or does it work on all player group leaders?

Cheers in advance for any help you can offer and many, many thanks from everyone at Volcbat for making this fantastic system.

Actually, one of my clan mates already did the same. I am not sure whether he modified the existing mission or started one from scratch, but he made a mission like this without all the wgl addons for all islands iirc.

try contacting bn880 via irc

#TheChainOfCommand @ quakenet

Hello there, I make missions for a UK based co-op squad called Volcbat. My attention was recently drawn to this thread by one of our members. First of all, may I just say that this is been the biggest thing in OFP for me, since Resistance came out.

Once I had found out what your work actualy does and watched a war break out on my PC (without the usual frame rate drop) I decided that we must use this system for our missions. The only problem was that we have a strict list of addons, that our mission makers must follow. As we dont use the WGL, Artilliary scripts or any US units (being British) I set about removing all 700 units and replacing them with UKForces units and standard BIS Soviets. It nearly killed me but I did it. I suppose I should of asked permision for this but I have made sure that everyone in the squad knows that the system is your work. I have also been using the system in my own missons now and what crazy missions they are. Objectives all over the map, patrolls everywhere ect.

There are one or two questions I would like to ask however.

Thanks for the compliment. biggrin_o.gif

Ok now to work

Quote[/b] ]1. How can I stop the WGL_* errors appearing as the missions start?
WGL_ errors eh, well first check description.ext for the weapon choices. Second check the mission.sqm for any WGL_ added weapons and ammo, while you're at it check mission.sqm for any units that may remain, and even look at the markers if any. (one of the init scripts does an addweapon WGL_throw etc, take that out too)
Quote[/b] ]2. When I use the Resistance forces as the enemy, they don't come back to life, when they come into view distance. Is there a way of getting Ai on Demand to work on them too?

Yep there is a way, in \CoC_AD\init.sqs modify a line to this: _guerEnemy=[west]

and it should work.

Quote[/b] ]3. Is the view distance taken from only one player group leader or does it work on all player group leaders?

In that mission it works for the 2 group leaders, I believe it should work for all then.

unfinished resistance-only conversion here

no way i can work on it within the next weeks, but may be usable as a template for some of you.

scripts changed: progress.sqs, initclient.sqs, description.ext

no intro/outro, respawn. hardcoded viewdistance.

mission is playable but needs sane objectives.

thanks to bn880 for creating this fine work of art.

Thank you, and insane objectives eh, thanks again! biggrin_o.gif

I am surprized at how many people have started using the AI on Demand system so quickly for their own missions. So far not really any bug reports after the kinks were ironed out during Bastige Battlefield betas. Anyway enjoy it if you like that kind of stuff, I sure do.

I most say i loved the mission, the AI drove me nuts but guess thats the respawn for. Planning on making a mission my self when some good marines vehicles come out.

Seems im the only one thinking this. But i was suprised when the Chinooks just brought vehicles, and no other squads. Because taking over this island with just two squads is insane smile_o.gif

I made the mission and I too am surprized that they only bring vehicles. tounge_o.gif I was actually too lazy to script more stuff which would have actual AI support plus it adds a lot more CPU strain once they would guard/fight. The mission really is meant to be difficult where you get to plan and execute various attack tactics in one setting, and they are fairly dynamic so it kind of puts you in a sense of real chaos.

If the mission was balanced then there would be less to do, and you would not enjoy the weapons and tactics as much.

An Update:

Some issue is still present with the respawn position of team mates, this I will attempt to fix for next update.

Also in the next update there will be an option to tie weapons to respawning corpses, so that "noobs" do not steal your weapons when you are dead. (but this is such a typical training example in terms of teamwork wink_o.gif ) This option will affect the team leader's team, not everyone.

There seem to be various people making missions with this AI-OD system but none are really "done" or advertized here, anyway Killswitch is working on one with UA 1.0 and some changes. I will see if he made more changes which can be put into this non UA update. smile_o.gif

Cheers, and have insanely long battles. PS: Zeus Addon server can handle this mission very well now.

Edit: Forgot to mention, the mission will now be called "The Bastige Island" due to a lot of "special" people being attracted to the "Battlefield" title. biggrin_o.gif you know who you are, or maybe not.

NEW VERSION UP

<span style='color:red'>DOWNLOAD 1.1 RC1 1.1MB!</span>

V1.1 RC1 Update (actual V1.093)

Quote[/b] ][*]Added option to tie weapons to respawning players. (non-team player protection)

[*]Respawn point synchronized better across groups.

[*]Boats loaded out with ammo and 2 60mm Mortars

[*]Removed binoculars from team members. (AI problems)

[*]NSV ammo added manually

[*]Special feature set 1 (discover on your own)

[*]Special feature set 2 (discover on your own)

[*]81mm Mortar HMMWV added to reinforcements

[*]Mission should work with WGL 4.11 and 4.12RC3

[*]Renamed to Bastige Island at request.

[*]Some changes to enemy behaviour.

[*]AI night fighting feature added.

Special thanks to Balschoiw for some fun content in mission.

If people need help using this system in mission making I can also try to help.

I currently have 3 or 4 testbed missions with this system, I will maybe put one here.

You're welcome to post some of your work with bn880 AI system.

I would like to see more mission using this CoC AI system , as bn880 had not the time to write a documentation .pdf yet (that was very usefull when i tried to understand his great Enemy Stack)

The more mission i can give a look into, the easier it should be for me to understand how to integrate this system for some mission i have in mind smile_o.gif

Thanks for any possible reference i can study on that

Unfortunately the readme.txt in /CoC_AD and the mission are the only reference materials at the moment. Thanks for your support though. smile_o.gif

I am going to revise the mission more today, and maybe AI-OD vehicle groups which don't seem to like being forced into the different vehicle positions.

Thanks for this AI system bn880 , anything that can improve my OFP experience is a good thing ;)

Thanks Jinef for those missions, more material to give a look for me , to have a better picture on how to implement this AI system in my missions ideas .

And V1.095 of Bastige Island is up, check the first post. A lot of improvements.

It is actually a 1 to 35 coop now.