Sign in to follow this  
Hit_Sqd_Maximus

Former president ronald reagan dies

Here is a picture I took from my office today as the hearse carrying Ronald Reagan's body went past.

Reagan.jpg

The light-colored vehicle at the bottom is a Secret Service vehicle, followed by the hearse, and a limousine carrying Nancy Reagan and her family.

Saying that Regan single handedly ended the cold war is like saying that Truman single handedly ended WWII. However it can be argued that Truman accelerated the end of the war by dropping the A-bomb on Japan, and likewise it can be argued that Regan accelerated the collapse of the USSR through economic, and pro-military policies that kept strong pressure on the Soviets. Had Carter seen another term, who knows, maybe the Soviets would have gone on for another decade or two... Anyway the world is a better place now that we aren't living life on the brink of a nuclear holocaust.

Thanks Ronnie...

Sure Reagan did contribute to the end of cold war but let's not forget what USSR did with Gorbachev as the leader. If there is one man who ended it then it is Gorbachev.

I'm just appalled by the gall of Gadhafi.

He would have sang a different tune had the airstrike been more accurate. biggrin_o.gif

Has anyone read "Nancy Reagan : the unauthorized biography • By: Kitty Kelley"?

I read it a couple of years back, it paints a very unpleasant portrayal of them both, especially allegations about something that Ron was alleged to have done in the early 50s.

especially allegations about something that Ron was alleged to have done in the early 50s.

McCarthy? rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]WARSAW, Poland (AP) - Lech Walesa, Poland's former president and founder of the Solidarity trade union that was instrumental in prying the country out of the Soviet bloc, said Tuesday he will attend the funeral of former President Reagan.

"There is a debt of gratitude for everything he has done, for what we have jointly achieved," Walesa told The Associated Press in a telephone interview from his home in the Baltic port city of Gdansk.

Reagan, who died Saturday at 93, was part of a stalwart group of Solidarity supporters that included former French President Francois Mitterrand and the Polish-born Pope John Paul II.

Reagan's state funeral is Friday in the Washington National Cathedral.

Quote[/b] ]Has anyone read "Nancy Reagan : the unauthorized biography • By: Kitty Kelley"?

I read it a couple of years back, it paints a very unpleasant portrayal of them both, especially allegations about something that Ron was alleged to have done in the early 50s.

She also wrote one about the Royals. Kitty Kelly is like the Jerry Springer of the literary world (though her books are hardly literary).

Here is a picture I took from my office today as the hearse carrying Ronald Reagan's body went past.

http://www.misterfrag.com/OFP/Reagan.jpg

The light-colored vehicle at the bottom is a Secret Service vehicle, followed by the hearse, and a limousine carrying Nancy Reagan and her family.

just realized that it's been awhile since i've been to Santa Monica. nice to see Metro Red line still not running properly tounge_o.gif

http://money.cnn.com/2004....cnn=yes

Quote[/b] ]NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Ronald Reagan's face could one day adorn the $10 bill or half the dimes minted in the country, if fans of the late president get their way.

USA Today reported Tuesday that Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) plans to sponsor legislation in the Senate to have Reagan's image replace that of Alexander Hamilton, the nation's first treasury secretary, on the $10 bill.

Meanwhile, an effort is underway in the House of Representatives, led by Rep. Dana Rohrbacher (R-Calif.), to put Reagan's face on the $20.

eh. California. land of fruits and nuts. tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]eh. California. land of fruits and nuts.

I was right about the hardcore Reagan fans are going to push the money issue now. Next, Mt. Rushmore....

I find it funny that Clinton had a higher average for public approve than Reagan (55% to 53%). Justed learned that from Gallop (well t.v.).

Nancy Reagan is opposed to putting her husband's image on either Mt. Rushmore or any currency, and I'm sure she knows what his views on that subject were.

I hope their wishes are respected...

Nancy Reagan is opposed to putting her husband's image on either Mt. Rushmore or any currency, and I'm sure she knows what his views on that subject were.

I hope their wishes are respected...

Doubtful.

Just saw this on FARK

5116052.jpg

Ray Gun - Star Wars, lol, it works on so many levels.  biggrin_o.gif

I read from the newspaper that after the assasination attempt he described the situation to his shocked wife: "Honey, I forgot to dodge" biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Jelly Belly Saddened by the Passing of Ronald Reagan

FAIRFIELD, CA (June 6, 2004)---The candymaking family and employees of Jelly Belly Candy Company were saddened to learn of the passing of Ronald Reagan and sent their heartfelt condolences to Mrs. Reagan and his children.

"I greatly admired Mr. Reagan and the leadership he brought to this country and the world. He leaves an unparalleled legacy in world affairs. His interest in our candy certainly had a profound effect on us," said Herman G. Rowland, Sr., chairman of the board of Jelly Belly Candy Company.

The company came to Mr. Reagan's attention during his term as Governor of California when he ate jelly beans to help him stop smoking. His love of Jelly Belly beans continued during his terms in the White House.

In his own words:

"You can tell a lot about a fellow by his way of eating jelly beans." -- Ronald Reagan

Jelly Belly

Link includes portrait of Reagan made out of Jelly Bellys.

The book says that Ronald Reagan raped a 19 year old woman when he was 42 and that Nancy Reagan had an affair with Frank Sinatra.

The book says that Ronald Reagan raped a 19 year old woman when he was 42 and that Nancy Reagan had an affair with Frank Sinatra.

But he DID kick Russia's ass!!!

I read from the newspaper that after the assasination attempt he described the situation to his shocked wife: "Honey, I forgot to dodge" biggrin_o.gif

I think it was to "duck" smile_o.gif

Live coverage right now of the caskets arrival in DC

I was just watching his funeral.

God that's broing...I bet Regan is saying "Hurry up and burry me already"

I can't tell if you menat to say boring or broiling. biggrin_o.gif

If he was standing out side yesterday in Washington, i'd say "broiling" too. Wasn't it like 90s and high humidity. Is the coffin airc onditioned or something?

lmao, lets hope not broiling  biggrin_o.gif

Anyway I feel more sympathy for the Marines that have to stand there like that for 6 hours. WOW thats gotta suck

lmao, lets hope not broiling  biggrin_o.gif

Anyway I feel more sympathy for the Marines that have to stand there like that for 6 hours.  WOW thats gotta suck

I heard on the TV coverage that there's a "changing of the guard" every 30 minutes.

Reagan Funeral Costing D.C. $2.3 Million

Wed Jun 9, 3:35 PM ET

WASHINGTON - City Administrator Robert C. Bobb said the cost of Ronald Reagan (news - web sites)'s funeral to the District of Columbia, as of Wednesday morning, was $2.3 million "and increasing."

I was just watching his funeral.

Imagine how Nancy feels. Hasn't had a moment to herself since.