Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Nogova 2004

What Nogova needs is a railway  biggrin_o.gif

Using scripts from the guys at AEF Campaign (unreleased atm) and there site was last updated January  sad_o.gif

Oh and does the highway cross and rivers ?

Sorry no railway, suck at scripting and the project seems dead  sad_o.gif

And I hope these pictures answer your second question  wink_o.gif

Noe15.jpg

Noe16.jpg

I will change the ground textures near the bridge later wink_o.gif

Looking good smile_o.gif  

where on Nogova is that bridge?

On the same line as Skalice only 50 meters down vertically on the map wink_o.gif

will you increase the urbane areas some or not at all

didn't fully understand your reply  rock.gif

cause what i ment was a small business centre and urbane area. a couple of towers(or smaller offices) and some more houses in lipany, petrovice or modrova

to have some kinda urbane ops area on the island

will you increase the urbane areas some or not at all

didn't fully understand your reply  rock.gif

Will increase the urban area's of larger towns like Petrovice, Lipany and Modrava. I won't do it in villages since in real-life  they don't grow much  smile_o.gif

I agree with others that there should be some oil mechanisms (great enligish tounge_o.gif ) to have some sort of money making industry for nogova. I also agree with other that the road textures from the highways should be changed. Really promising work go on go on !!!! crazy_o.gif

I agree with others that there should be some oil mechanisms (great enligish tounge_o.gif ) to have some sort of money making industry for nogova. I also agree with other that the road textures from the highways should be changed. Really promising work go on go on !!!!  crazy_o.gif

Guess I can put some oil derricks in the desert wink_o.gif

I won't change the highway, since I think it looks good as it is now tounge_o.gif

Firefighters

I am planning a fire department including a fire station, but I will finish the island first wink_o.gif

The Our Weapons mod has some nice Ural/Gaz (?) fire trucks. smile_o.gif

Firefighters

I am planning a fire department including a fire station, but I will finish the island first   wink_o.gif

The Our Weapons mod has some nice Ural/Gaz (?) fire trucks. smile_o.gif

That's a possibility just put the Nogovan Fire Department logo on it and your done wink_o.gif

Some more pictures

Noe11.jpg

Noe12.jpg

Embassy type buildings (a few) that are walled in, have guard post and large gardens, garages, store rooms, seperate living areas from the main embassy. The one thing most islands lack. Could we get atleast one military base on the damn island? smile_o.gif

Hi,

looks really great smile_o.gif

Keep up the good work.

I like the idea of an highway... Some months ago i started building an island with highways, but i never finished it, so i'm looking forward to yours *thumbs up*

Every few hundred meters, put a break in the k-rail (or concrete medians, or whatever we're calling them today lol). That way if you need to turn around. (I have either had to, or been with someone that had to) Just makes it easier if you need to double back, so you can get into the correct lanes of traffic.

great looking island biggrin_o.gif love the highways and the more modern urban feeling it will get. About the skyscrapers i think i can put them in the island myself if i want to se the, there.

I think it would be very cool if you could modify a LSD or LST ship to a civilian version and be able to take vehicle cargo someday tounge_o.gif but anyways very nice island, this one will probably end up in my big islands mod folder smile_o.gif

Would it be possible to make the north island bigger to extend the north runway, makes it easier to takeoff and land from with bigger planes.

It would also be great to have one big civilian airport and one military, maybe the one in the north could be altered, so that they look different, the one in the north with military buildings and stuff.

maybe the one in the north could be altered, so that they look different, the one in the north with military buildings and stuff.

Plus a smallish dock smile_o.gif

Excellent!

This will probably become my favorite island!

OFP really needed a modern european style map.

Ironsight: If your interested I have modified the default nogova bridge and made it have two roads:

Double1.jpg

Double2.jpg

So far i have changed all four lods to match the first. And ATM i am re-texturing the supports (textures got stretched when modifying the supports)

Oh and i have one question to anyone that knows: Can two "Roadway" lods be used by AI on one object?

v nice how about a roadlink to the norhern island and maybe a raiseable bridge across the river. also making the remote towns less remote would be cool

Good Work!!!

A animated bridge would be so cool. You could have the controls in a little shack/house. It could make for some good missions. It is possible, but it would require some work. Great idea! Now, anyone up to the challenge of making it? It could work like the gate addon. Like you can activate it when you face the controls through the action menu.

Edit:

Also you could if you wanted to somehow connect the river to the top of the island (near the north airport). So that the rivers goes through the island (North to South). Is would be good to have access through the island via river. Or maybe make like a little canal at the top of the island so the river can exit through the top too, so we can have access. Just a thought.

Another idea. You could have some new roads, highways and buildings that are under construction. IE a big fenced off area with halfway constructed buildings, and halfway completed bridges and roads that are blocked off by barriers. You could possibly use them for shortcuts when racing smile_o.gif. A halfway completed road heading towards one of the isolated villages would be a good start. I also like the drawbridge idea, although that would mean recruiting a addon maker...

Also remember to put some turn around areas on the highways (IE breaks in the barriers where you can cross over and go the other way).

And will the AI use the highways properly (IE go in the right direction) or will they just treat each lane like a two way road?

Also I wonder if someone could write a custom config to replace the original Nogova with the modern one (Pappy I'm look in your direction hint hint wink wink) although this would probably cause problems with BIS missions and campaign because in an open field where a Russian base was positioned for a mission, there might now be a highway in the new Nogova.

Quote[/b] ]Also remember to put some turn around areas on the highways (IE breaks in the barriers where you can cross over and go the other way).

Noe11.jpg

I believe that's already implemented in there.

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]And will the AI use the highways properly (IE go in the right direction) or will they just treat each lane like a two way road?

errm - will you?  rock.gif

How should that clever AI  tounge_o.gif  recognize, wether they're on

the right side or not?

Have you ever seen AI behaving in real life style on the streets - i mean seriously real life behave - like halt at a stop

sign or keeping out of forbidden area marked by "no trespassing" signs?

This would have to be done by mission makers, and i can only

tell you that even the most perfectly arranged mission will

suck in the point to make AI use the right side of the highway.

Maybe i could try messing around with my barriers, so that

mission makers would have the feature to recognize what

side of the barrier they're next to, but that option is actually

really not on my list.

AI would still go their own way, even when using the most complex script.

These guys can only be controlled perfectly by use of

setpos or setvelocity, and this would make the missions

way unrealistic then.

~S~ CD