Sign in to follow this  
DracoPaladore

Ground control ii

Is it just me or does This look like one of those tanks from Star Wars Episodes I and II?

Looks/sounds pretty cool but I'm not going to get it for a while. Already downloading Bradley Pack and Crews on my 56k so that will take long enough. Maybe this summer when i get my highsped though I can get it.

Is it just me or does This look like one of those tanks from Star Wars Episodes I and II?

Looks/sounds pretty cool but I'm not going to get it for a while. Already downloading Bradley Pack and Crews on my 56k so that will take long enough. Maybe this summer when i get my highsped though I can get it.

I'm pretty sure a CD in PCGAMER UK or NA will probobly have it sooner or later, maybe in june.

Actually Jakerod, I think it looks like a Wraith tanks from halo, but with a cannon instead of a plasma turret.

Ya I can see that too. Haven't played HALO in a long time but I think I know what your talking about.

Awesome!

*skips off to download it*

I pictured up the original (plus expansion pack) for NZ$25 a couple of weeks ago, and have thus far loved every minute of it.

Nice demo (as well as Soldiers of WW2). But I always felt more affection for round based tactical games (Silent Storm etc.).

At least you can't create buildings in GC 2.

Seb

Awesome!

*skips off to download it*

I pictured up the original (plus expansion pack) for NZ$25 a couple of weeks ago, and have thus far loved every minute of it.

Played the closed beta, it did not play anything really like th eoriginal.

unclegustaf.gif I just want to inform you all that this game is Swedish unclegustaf.giftounge_o.gif

unclegustaf.gif I just want to inform you all that this game is Swedish unclegustaf.giftounge_o.gif

So the Norwegians are the bad guys?

Yeah, so is the Battlefield series, but you don't see me saluting the flag because of that!  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]So the Norwegians are the bad guys?

No, no, Akira. In a Norwegian game, Swedes would possibly be the bad guys, but it's not symmetrical. We see them as lost children who one day will realize that it is time to come home and once again be the loyal citizens of the Kingdom of Sweden. wink_o.gif

I just finished the tutorial and the mission that was included in the demo. Pretty nice.. even though I'm not into sci-fi stuff. It'd be cool if you could construct buildings etc though.

GCII.jpg

The zoom is nice.

I have to say I prefer the original's grouping system, where all the units were in small groups (eight soldiers, four tanks, two artillery vehicles etc. etc.) when on their own, and would get into formation with other vehicles when you grouped them together. In GCII, you can get twelve soldiers in a group, and you can't add a single soldier, let alone an APC or recce vehicle to them!

I like the new features though, like concealment bonuses for troops in trees, secondary modes for all vehicles (getting your APC to pop smoke while your troops switch to AT launcher mode, fire a salvo into an enemy vehicle, then pile in the back is great), being able to use buildings, capture emplaced weapons, and the ability to call in dropships and use them to root out enemy forces with their cannons biggrin_o.gif

Plus, it's bloody gorgeous. There are action games that don't have soldier models to detailed as GCII. My only major criticism is that it doesn't have the posh English voice actress that was in the original sad_o.gif