Sign in to follow this  
MEDICUS

New stars and moon

Found this on Gamezone.cz

Hit_Sqd_Maximus released his very nice new sky-addon. The stars and the new moon looks just sweet! Excellent work!

moons.jpg newskys.jpg

newstarss.jpg skyws.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Put stars.p3d into your data3d.pbo and all the other files into your data.pbo........ use depbo/makepbo or kegety's installer, whichever suits your needs.

Download: Switch to Gamezone.cz

Mfg MEDICUS smile_o.gif

Very nice addon, I love the moon in this!!! Why is it everytime I extract the DATA3D.PBO the strela_proxy.p3d seems to always be corrupted??? This is frustrating as I can't play multiplayer with such mods as the Strela in the game always CTDs me out of the game. Gah! crazy_o.gif Anyone else have this problem?

The moon indeed is a must. The celestial sky is pretty to look on, but is it useful for the realism in night march exercise missions ? Have reinstalled the original stars.

Can I use the hisky installer to get the "new stars" working?

Like with the new sea textures?

MfG Lee

Can I use the hisky installer to get the "new stars" working?

Like with the new sea textures?

I'm not sure atm. I think the moon can be included this way, but the stars.p3d has to be moved into the data3d.pbo, so i think you'll have to unpbo and repbo this manualy.

But just as i said, i'm not really sure.

Mfg MEDICUS

I got myself a new water texture and now this amazing night sky addon.

I love it as it creates a different kind of atmosphere now.

(By far my favorite skies have to be from Morrowind with the original Unreal coming in at 2nd place).

PH

Can someone post detailed instructions on how to install this?

I edited the install.bat from kegetys hisky pack.

It seems to be ok, but I am not sure if I really get the new stars.

In which data3d.pbo must the stars.pbo be copied to?

\dta\data3d.pbo

or

\dta\hwtl\data3d.pbo

MfG Lee rock.gif

\dta\data3d.pbo

or

\dta\hwtl\data3d.pbo

MfG Lee rock.gif

I've really no idea. tried to put the stars.p3d into the Res\dat?data.pbo (and installed the rest with llaumas sky). The moon works fine, but the stars are still the same. Atm i triy to put the stars.p3d into the Re\dta\hwtl\data3d.pbo. Perhaps that will work.

MEDICUS

\dta\data3d.pbo

or

\dta\hwtl\data3d.pbo

MfG Lee rock.gif

I've really no idea. tried to put the stars.p3d into the Res\dat?data.pbo (and installed the rest with llaumas sky). The moon works fine, but the stars are still the same. Atm i triy to put the stars.p3d into the Re\dta\hwtl\data3d.pbo. Perhaps that will work.

MEDICUS

it should work, if u dont use a hisky mod folder and use the modified sky in original ofp Dta\hwtl folder.

Personaly i used install bat to install all textures and dpbo'ed my ofp\llauma\dta\hwtl folder manualy, repacked it and shazzam! it works, and i must say this is a very nice addition to the ofp dimension tounge_o.gif

Res\dta\hwtl\data3d.pbo & Res\dta\data3d.pbo are the files (depending on if you have HW T&L on or off).

I am using HWTL turned on.

I first copied the stars.p3d to the data3d.pbo in the hwtl folder, but I do not have the new stars.

Do I really have to replace the original data3d.pbo? It does not work with a modfolder?!

MfG Lee rock.gif

It works in MOD folder for me.

Same for me .... works fine and looks outstanding smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]It works in MOD folder for me.
Quote[/b] ]Same for me .... works fine and looks outstanding  

So what did you actually do ?? did you unpbo data and data3d.pbo files in hisky mod folder and then put the *.paa & stars.p3d files there and then depbo... or did you just put *.paa and stars.p3d files in hisky\newdata and excuted the install.bat ...like water texture files were installed ??

Reason i'm asking this, is that i wouldn't wanna mess up original ofp files.

If you run HWTL you have to put the stars.p3d inside of your mod/dta/hwtl/data3d.pbo file, if you are not running HWTL then you put the stars.p3d into your mod/dta/data3d.pbo file.

If someone can make an installer for this I would really appreciate it. smile_o.gif

As for the moon textures, you install it just as you would the water textures, or sky textures, or any other texture replacement pack. Just simply put it into the newdata folder if you are using one of kegety's installers(the install.bat) or depbo your data.pbo file and put them in there manualy.

Very nice addon, I love the moon in this!!!  Why is it everytime I extract the DATA3D.PBO the strela_proxy.p3d seems to always be corrupted???  This is frustrating as I can't play multiplayer with such mods as the Strela in the game always CTDs me out of the game.  Gah!  crazy_o.gif   Anyone else have this problem?

i had that problem when installing the nvg's i finnaly changed the strela model to the stinger model for my soldiers. so all 3 sides have a stinger launcher  crazy_o.gif  but i have no other option at this point  sad_o.gif

questoin at what date and time would the full moon be visable? so i can check out the moon too

May 4th at 0:30, the moon will be almost straight south of you.  wink_o.gif

thanks. i should mention too

i did it the old fashioned way depbo and repbo. took the textures (data.pbo) 6 hours to repbo all the textures (compresson :OFF)

Do not compress the textures or models, it takes me about one minute if I dont compress and I dont notice a difference.

Got the stars and moons working but...

Ahh...running into the same problem with the Strela sad_o.gif

I get a message saying its a bad p3d file or something.

Any way to solve?

Thanks -PJ

Hmm, have you tried this: replace strela with the file depboed from regular (not Resistance's!) data3d.pbo?

Hmmm...well

What I did was use unPBO and place the star.p3d right into the created fold.  After that I then dePBO'ed it and use lleuma's HiSky installer to make it work in a mod folder...well the lleuma folder that is.

So I should try and grab the StrelaXXX.p3d from the reg DTA/HWTL folder and place in the compiling folder?

Thank you

-PJ

Has anyone made a russian AA weapon to replace the old strela? I just replaced the strela with the american AA rocket launcher for the time being so I dont get that CTD. Is there another way to depbo data3d.pbo and repbo it and make it work properly?

Has anyone made a russian AA weapon to replace the old strela? I just replaced the strela with the american AA rocket launcher for the time being so I dont get that CTD. Is there another way to depbo data3d.pbo and repbo it and make it work properly?

this is very strange, ive dpbo'ed my data3d.pbo with Amalfi's PBO Decryptor1.5 and repacked it with Amalfi's Make PBO with Res pbo default compression countless times and ive never had any problem.