Sign in to follow this  
robbo

Vbs1 release

From OpFlash.org

....VBS1 the Tactical Trainer used by military and law enforcement agencies around the world has been released for public use at the new

The total package price is over $US500 but if you don't want particular addon packs this can be reduced.

Some of the addon packs include Special forces, USMC, Terrain 1 and 2, OPFOR, ADF, and Animal, along with After Action Report and Observer Module 1.VBS1 website

VBS1 Homepage

80 frikin quid for a "game" then Å30 a piece for the "addons" waaaaaay over priced when you see what the community are doing for free, and you just know ofp2 is gonna be a cut down version of this

Yep its sweet as heaven...

I think it uses the OFP 1.5 engine cause:

Aircraft carriers ( working )

C130J With double working Guns and KC-130

Fast rope

Animals

http://virtualbattlespace.com/store....ce2e070

I baught it its awesome biggrin_o.gif

See movie here:

http://files.ogn.com.au/ftp2/vbs1/VBS1_trailer.mpeg

btw:

I think they stole all our ideas and if i am not wrong: I can see BAS Bikes BAS MH60 and BAS little birds there....

And more... But nothing we can do against that cause we agreed on the statement from bis

hahaha some moders told us that it never will be availavle to public! it said it TADAY!!!! mvuhahaahahaa! tounge_o.gif  ghostface.gif

EDIT:

After watching movie + looing at screen shots it is looking for me as our lovely OFP with few new anims. There were BAS rangers + blackhawks+littlebirds and standard easters units. And CoC's Tamahawk  smile_o.gif

Oh My GOD... Just look at this... i have heart strike

Quote[/b] ]

Key features:

The ability to import your own customized units for specific training.

Wide range of tools available to create new models, worlds and scenarios.

Fully customizable avatars, vehicles and aircraft.

Application of doctrinal templates.

Development of geo-specific maps.

Supports large mapping areas.

High resolution photo realistic textures.

Dynamic daytime and weather effects.

Life-like smoke effects.

Advanced Level Of Detail (LOD) system renders far away objects in increasing detail as you approach them.

Advanced real-time simulation of wind, rain, fog, clouds, time-of-day, sunrise/sunset, tides, stars and moon.

Night navigation is possible with the real-time star mapping feature.

3D Engine supports large number of high-resolution photo-realistic textures through advanced texture management techniques for highly-detailed environments.

Realistic unit and noncombatant character movement modeled using a new human motion-capture System.

Inbuilt Unit voice communications using the new DirectXâ„¢ 9.0+ Direct Voice feature set.

Support for dedicated LAN servers.

Commandeer and drive over 30 vehicles including cars, tanks, helicopters, aircraft and boats.

Create mixed squads of human and advanced AI-controlled players in any combination.

Command up to 11 other soldiers in a squad.

Dynamic mission templates allowing users to drag around mission elements such as opposing forces and objectives to any location on the map.

Wide variety of environments: operate in desert, snow and subtropical environments based on true satellite imaging.

I think they stole all our ideas and if i am not wrong: I can see BAS Bikes BAS MH60 and BAS little birds there....

And more... But nothing we can do against that cause we agreed on the statement from bis

I don't think they "stole" the idea, since those modules were designed for US Specialforces and Marines and beat me, but I doubt they would use the program if it didnt have the actual units used by them in it.

That the choice of models used there shows many similarities with the selection of BAS addons just shows that both teams were working accurately on the same topic (US Special Forces).

Lol this is verry weird cause:

Yesterday and the week there fore i was thinking on stoping with OFP and going on with my life cause ofp didnt gave me the feeling any more i had with it....

And now VBS1 biggrin_o.gif ( ofp 1.5 )

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Yesterday and the week there fore i was thinking on stoping with OFP and going on with my life cause ofp didnt gave me the feeling any more i had with it....

ban him!!! mad_o.gif

lol, j\king biggrin_o.gif

Too damn expensive for OFP gamers! They definitely need to lower their prices! tounge_o.gif

freakin avensome

Wow wow_o.gif

Is the AI noticeably improved? Also did you say something about 2 gun positions waffen? wow_o.gif

From OpFlash.org

....VBS1 the Tactical Trainer used by military and law enforcement agencies around the world has been released for public use at the new  

The total package price is over $US500 but if you don't want particular addon packs this can be reduced.

Some of the addon packs include Special forces, USMC, Terrain 1 and 2, OPFOR, ADF, and Animal, along with After Action Report and Observer Module 1.VBS1 website

VBS1 Homepage

Looks like my company is going to make an unscheduled software purchase :-)

At least if I do it that way the missus won't find out!!!

:-)

The video and some of the "special details" like animals and other, are simply AMAZING!

I believe, OFP2 will be amazing too!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Some important notes you should understand concerning VBS1:

- VBS1 is a low cost simulation system based on Operation Flashpoint engine. So far, it was succesfuly adopted by various US military organization and we extend its usage to other users worldwide. One of the important new customers for VBS1 is now Australian Defence Forces.

- VBS1 is not a game and it has not intention to replace Operation Flashpoint for home entertainment.

- VBS1 uses modified Operation Flashpoint 1 engine.

- using our new online store, it will be now very easy to start using or evaluting VBS1 by various military and other customers around the world which will help VBS1 to be more recognized in the simulation industry

- in North America, VBS1 is still exclusively distributed and supported by our partner Coalescent Technologies.

We're going to release more detailed information about VBS1 new release later today at www.bistudio.com

Quote[/b] ]- VBS1 is not a game and it has not intention to replace Operation Flashpoint for home entertainment.

c'mon... it is game for big buddies eh? tounge_o.gif

I played many games but all of them become boring after while. But flashpoint R and cold war crisis are the only games you can play them all time and you don’t feel is the game boring. I never thought that bbs1 uses ofp simulation system:p.

Ofp2 will be great then. rock.gif

- ...has not intention to replace Operation Flashpoint for home entertainment.

- VBS1 uses modified Operation Flashpoint 1 engine.

But some "removed engine limitations" and features like animals would be very nice to see in OFP1. (Also the updated Engine)

I would pay for such an update for OFP1.

MfG Lee

Holy shite!!!!

after seeing that ingame movie im speechless...

So many engine limitations removed!

and...the Boxing Kangaroo Mod will also become a reality!  biggrin_o.gif

*and now excuse me while i go off to rob a bank*

Quote[/b] ]I would pay for such an update for OFP1.

same here

I would pay for such an update for OFP1.

MfG Lee

Same here. In fact I am seriously considering buying VBS1 - only twice the cost of a conventional game.

PS the sub title says 550$ - on the link it says 140$ for just the VBS minus addons

i cant efford it ATM. i'd better wait month or 2 till it gets cheaper blues.gif

Guest major gandhi

If it's really true that they removed such engine limitations as, this one-gun-only-issue and added better anims, better AI, animals, ertc. than vbs1 is a real revolution for ofp1. But the price is simply totally exaggerated. A price of 100$ would be appropiate, and such a price could possibly trigger of a new wave on interest for ofp. But 550$, NO WAY!!! crazy_o.gif

I don't think that it will get cheaper, as it's a simulation not a game.

And I don't think it makes big sense to buy VBS1 for us, since you most probably are not able to make custom addons for it. I don't know really anything about it, but it would make sense not being able to modify it in a way like we can with OFP1.

I really hope, that BIS removes the engine limitations from OFP 1, I'll pay for it, too, rather than waiting 2-x years for OFP 2.

Btw. nice fighter pilot...

I am going to spend a lot of money on comp games this summer biggrin_o.gif .

Also, I hope everyone noted the system specs:

Quote[/b] ]Hardware Requirements

Recommended System

* Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, or XP

* DirectX 8

* 1.7 GHz Pentium 4 (or better)

* 512 MB RAM

* NVidia GeForce 4 video card with 64 MB Ram

* 16-Bit Direct Sound Compliant Sound Card

* 24x CD-ROM Drive

* 700 MB Hard Drive space

Minimum System