Sign in to follow this  
Mister Frag

Canada goes after u.s. frozen pizza

@ May 18 2004,05:13)]You kidding Akira? Midland is like the suburbs, only without a vibrant urban center to leech off of. Randall's was never out here, and the only grocery store HEB chased off was Albertson's  tounge_o.gif . But things are looking up- I'm going to be living in Georgetown come fall (attending Southwestern), so I'll be spending time in a part of Texas that doesn't suck.

No shit? My wife graduated from Southwestern. You'll be about 15 minutes from where I live as well. We'll have to hook up some time.

Awesome smile_o.gif

Anyway. Microwave pizzas are best. smile_o.gif

A nuked pizza is better than a crispy oven pizza?

Not in my books. wink_o.gif

i eat pizza occasionally thesedays, and last time i had a frozen one was about 3 yrs ago. although i followed the rule that pizza is college student's meal, after i came back to grad school, it just never got consumed that much.

Anyway. Microwave pizzas are best. smile_o.gif

A nuked pizza is better than a crispy oven pizza?

Not in my books. wink_o.gif

Indeed. I more or less always do the frozen pizza in the oven. It's IMO worth the extra 15 minutes of waiting.

Of course 'real' pizzeria pizza is far superior. Personally I actually prefer the American variety (pan pizza) rather than ultra-thin Italian ones. I'd probably say that Pizza Hut pizza is on the top of my list.

Overall however I'm not too much of a pizza fanatic. It's fine now and then but it's nothing that I would eat regularly.

I'd probably say that Pizza Hut pizza is on the top of my list.

ROFLMAO!!!.

i sincerely hope they do pizza better in Sweden. biggrin_o.gif

No, really, I like it. smile_o.gif The down side is that it's overly expensive. An Italian pizza goes for something like 4 € while in Pizza Hut you can't eat below 15 €. (Actually you can at lunch time when they usually have all-that-you-can-eat buffet for something like 8 €). Unfortunately most of my friends and collegues absolutely hate Pizza Hut so I seldom actually eat there.

I don't know about where you live, but the Pizza Hut near me makes a pretty damn good pie. Plus, since it's close, I can get it carryout instead of paying their ridiculous delivery charges.

Serendipity.

I had Pizza Hut tonight. biggrin_o.gif

I prefer something called 'Vern's Pizza' It is a smallish local joint that makes this pizza that weighs like 6 kilos when it is done. Like 3cm of meat and chease on a pan crust. it's AWESOME. But my cholesterol level just cant take it more than twice a year smile_o.gif

No, really, I like it. smile_o.gif The down side is that it's overly expensive. An Italian pizza goes for something like 4 € while in Pizza Hut you can't eat below 15 €. (Actually you can at lunch time when they usually have all-that-you-can-eat buffet for something like 8 €). Unfortunately most of my friends and collegues absolutely hate Pizza Hut so I seldom actually eat there.

I have a few freinds who work in and manage a 'Pizza Hut Express', so when they're on, VIP service for me! On the friday that just went, me and another freind paid 2 dollars each for two pizza's and two 600mL cokes.

In essence, we paid for the drinks only. biggrin_o.gif

What a wonderful world. tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I have a few freinds who work in and manage a 'Pizza Hut Express', so when they're on, VIP service for me! On the friday that just went, me and another freind paid 2 dollars each for two pizza's and two 600mL cokes.

In essence, we paid for the drinks only.

What a wonderful world.

Wish i was a Pizza hut VIP. sad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.giftounge_o.gif

My sis works at a small chain of pizza shops called Capones so I get a free small pizza everytime she works biggrin_o.gif

Exporting the American commodidty of fat! crazy_o.gif

Pizza Hut is pretty crappy. Of the chains my fav is Mr. Gatti's. There is a non-chain down the street from me called "The Flying Tomato". That is good pizza! Plus they have toppings one wouldn't see at the chains (basil, garlic, all kinds of cheeses, meats, and veggies), but it is also just as correspondingly expensive...

Another good place near me is The Parlour. Basically a punk rock pizzaria. Their crust is the best I've ever had. They also make damn good French Bread pizzas. Just got a pizza from them last week (Italian sausage, tomato, and gargonzzola).

There must be something special with the management of Pizza hut restaurants in the US, since Pizza hut makes really tasty stuff! But nothing beats a Kebab pizza with garlic sauce from my local pizzeria smile_o.gif

There must be something special with the management of Pizza hut restaurants in the US, since Pizza hut makes really tasty stuff! But nothing beats a Kebab pizza with garlic sauce from my local pizzeria  smile_o.gif

yea, the US pizza huts are more liberal w/ the fat they put in their pies. pizza hut pizzas are too greasy, they are good though. i perfer domino's, their crust and sause tasts better.

Pizza Hut, Dominoes, Frozen Pizza - YUCK!!!

Any New Yorker will tell you the best Pizza comes from a New York City Pizzeria (it's the water) and Bagels are the best here as well. I am going to miss them both very much when i move to Orlando in 2 weeks.

BTW,

The water in New York City (which comes from reservoirs upstate) is one of the cleanest & healthiest in the world.

When I got time, I buy ready made pizza crusts and load on my own toppings, usually lots of meats (start off with a full layer of good pepperoni, covered with pre-cooked ground Italian sausage, other meats I have laying around..), 4 different cheeses and lots of peppers, onions, mushrooms. When done, its so heavy that you got to eat it with a knife/fork, cause the crust can't support the weight of the toppings. Usually, I make it for supper, then I have next morning's breakfast and supper leftovers. One slice is enough.

Pizza Hut, Dominoes, Frozen Pizza - YUCK!!!

Any New Yorker will tell you the best Pizza comes from a New York City Pizzeria (it's the water) and Bagels are the best here as well. I am going to miss them both very much when i move to Orlando in 2 weeks.

BTW,

The water in New York City (which comes from reservoirs upstate) is one of the cleanest & healthiest in the world.

That's why there are places here in Los Angeles that make their pizza with New York tap water -- they have it trucked in. wow_o.gif

Fantastic topic!

I prefer using the owen for Frozen Pizza. And when eating lunch or just going out i usually take kebab rather then a pizza.

city_fritteria_tallrik.jpggrekiskagrillbaren_kebab.jpg

Little offtopic: I just got done washing a golden retriever, and when this thread made me lick my lips, I ended up with a mouthful of dog hair.

Nothing beats a traditional calzone:

calzone.jpg

Straight out of a stone bake oven offcourse wink_o.gif

Tex, I hate to ask, but what were you doing with dog hair on your lips?  crazy_o.gif

Pizza from Buffalo

pizza.gif

+

Chicken Wings from Buffalo

wings.jpg

+

Chicken Fingers from Buffalo

chickenwingsmall.jpg

=

All the food you could ever want! biggrin_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Tex, I hate to ask, but what were you doing with dog hair on your lips? crazy_o.gif

There's not a lot to do in Midland, Texas wink_o.gif