Sign in to follow this  
IceFire

How about a forum night?

Well I mean the stuttering was intermittent, but when it came it was about 0.5 seconds or so. Weird. Only on the Winter missions.

dam i wish i had broadband this looks fun anit played mp in mounths sad_o.gif

the pics are great fun to look at guys smile_o.gif gives a nice idea of what happened

I've been meaning to join the last few games, but my PC has kept acting up once the server is on! crazy_o.gif

*Kicks PC*

Oh crap, now it's broken...

[Gareth Gates must die]

dam i wish i had broadband this looks fun anit played mp in mounths sad_o.gif

the pics are great fun to look at guys smile_o.gif gives a nice idea of what happened

It's all post action propaganda, Albert specializes in it. wink_o.gif Accuracy is not what makes headlines. tounge_o.gif

About teamspeak and squad communication:

If you have everyone speaking on TS at once you get info clutter and it isn't very helpful.

The leader should be speaking to his squad giving them Formation, ROE, ORBAT, next movement etc. The more information the squad has the more effective it is.

When moving the leader tries to move so his flanks and rear are protected so most contacts will be ahead and it's his job to see them.

If a subordinate team member has a contact on a flank or whatever the contact report should be roughly -

Contact, *unit type/s* *direction (compass bearing, point)* *range*

E.g.

Contact! BMP and 5 guys to our east south east about 300 metres.

You can try using the o'clock system but we find that situational awareness isn't good enough in ofp and it can get confusing.

Bn880: We use TS quite regurlarly and the quality is good enough for simple comms. Go to link below and get latest version of TS2 RC2 Client. It could be soundcard problems. I have OFP running of my main soundcard and OFP of my onboard soundcard, so however much shit is coming from OFP (Usually FDF secondary explosions crazy_o.gif )

http://www.teamspeak.org/_download.php

Teamspeak is incredibly useful for :

Increasing survivability of squad leader - less fussing with typing and command system

If everyone is on teamspeak you can replace the command system by using similar syntax and reffering to people via their number. - Much quicker flow of mission and transferral of information.

Quick reaction of squad to changing situation.

Leading in Multiplayer

Leading is quite a bit of responsibility if you do it properly. The squad leader in OFP is responsible for everything related to his squad and if he is a good leader he will allocate responsibility to others in his squad to relieve the load and increase his situational awareness. He could allocate people to carry a weapon system, operate artillery etc. instead of trying to do everything himself. I have been squad leader on quite a few occasions and I will happily let the new guy have a large responsibility, if they have a similar mentality to me they will appreciate the responsibility and feel more obliged to keep in formation etc. Yes they could quite easily screw it up and quite often do, however it's a learning experience. Good players in OFP have made the most mistakes.

Maybe you CIA guys should make a seperate thread where you explain in detail what you are trying to achieve. As currently if I am a public player and I go to your website I only get a list of rules that are hard to memorise, and quite honestly if you have a good squad leader most of those are defined by him.

If you have a communicative leader that expresses his wishes clearly and people follow then 98% of those rules are superfluous. Also you will probably find yourself breaking those rules quite regurlarly once you get a group of regulars who think like you and you get more relaxed about gameplay.

Just my thoughts and experience.

Well what can I say about TS, some people come across clear (from America) and others come across terribly (from EU and farther). Sorry, and why does anyone think you can just talk on TS when there are 8 people in a squad? For most things you have to ID yourself "This is 2..., 2 reporting..., 2 here...". If you think a squad leader can always tell who is talking in a team of 6 or 12 under fire you're nuts. smile_o.gif (and stop using peoples nicknames, they are not very clear across a radio)

What I have experienced on TS is piss poor radio discipline. I auytomatically stop using it when people start chit chatting too much during a mission; people talk while thinking why they are talking in the first place; no ID from squaddies; commanders just say things leisurly instead of making it clear something is an order by using proper tone and sometimes repeating it twice.

Sure TS can be used, but you have to make damn sure people understand you! smile_o.gif

Was away to the beach the last few days, so I'm affraid I couldn't join any of the games. I'll be up tonight and tomorrow night, and in for some serious action if anyone else's interested smile_o.gif

I could play few games too if you start a server soon. smile_o.gif

Probably not, try official night tomorrow. CIA guys must first put up the server. And lately they've been doing it almost every day, must be exhausting. tounge_o.gif

Bye, Berty Bubbles! See ya in a month! icon14.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

Okay, people, i guess I will be without Internet at home for a month..

..moving to Berlin sad_o.gif

(I remove my PC now)

Cya albert.. We will be missing you sad_o.gif

Good luck with the new job and hope you'll get the inet connection soon.

are you playing tonight guys cause i might actully be able to join in the fun smile_o.gif

ps if so what addons guess fdf is a definte but what else?

are you playing tonight guys cause i might actully be able to join in the fun smile_o.gif  

ps if so what addons guess fdf is a definte but what else?

Yep, tonight is an official night, so the server will be up I guess. As llauma allways post when the server launches:

Quote[/b] ]Read the server rules

You will need:

FDF mod 1.2

Kegetys' russian weapon pack 1.1

All get the hot fix for FDF posted **here**

It's not sure we will play winter nogojev but some missions still might need it.

Winter Nogojev 1.1

It's good if you get Kegs S&W revolvers as there are a couple of missions that uses them.

Kegetys' Smith & Wesson Revolvers

IP: ofp.ciahome.net

Port: 2302

PW: ciafdf

All join the Teamspeak 2 server at IP ofp.ciahome.net

The password is ciafdf

hope to see you tonight wink_o.gif

Server is up... Let's see if anyone joins

Read the server rules

You will need:

FDF mod 1.2

Kegetys' russian weapon pack 1.1

All get the hot fix for FDF posted **here**

It's not sure we will play winter nogojev but some missions still might need it.

Winter Nogojev 1.1

It's good if you get Kegs S&W revolvers as there are a couple of missions that uses them.

Kegetys' Smith & Wesson Revolvers

IP: ofp.ciahome.net

Port: 2302

PW: ciafdf

All join the Teamspeak 2 server at IP ofp.ciahome.net

The password is ciafdf

didn't went too well for me this time. I had a many crashes. It was only one ctd, the other times my comp just suddely restarted. After I installed winter Nogojev as llauma sugested I thought it went good, but that wasn't it I guess. I installed the hotfix this afternoon, anyone had any problems with that?

Sorry I quit unexpectedly, guys. I tried getting a screenshot using GCS, but when I pressed PrtScr, I got the 'Blue Screen of Death'. sad_o.gif I was really enjoying watching you all run around through the spectator script.

Good games, anyway. My favourite missions were the ones that I was in. biggrin_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

009.jpg

bn880 playing with fire

010.jpg

Jinef getting the last enemy trying to escape

011.jpg

Jinef with his crew minuts before they tries to surprice the enemy by driving into their base

Thanx for the games all.. It was fun smile_o.gif

"molotoved" tank

lobanak_0023.jpg

group pic

lobanak_0026.jpg

civs standing arround flag, what are they looking for?

lobanak_0027.jpg