Sign in to follow this  
red oct

Gta san andreas

does anyone know when the PC version gets released?

I think the PC version will be out in May of next year, as that was the case with GTA3 and Vice City.

Got to have a mess around with it on the weekend at a mates house.

I was simply blown away by the sheer size of the map! The 1/4 of the map I got to explore was simply huge! At least as big as all of Liberty City in GTAIII.

Rockstar gets two thumbs up from me. Although I do beleive that this game pushes the PS2 to the absolute limit. After a few hours of play, the game became very stuttery (for a console), and neesless to say, can't wait for the PC version to come out, where it shall bask in the glory that a decent view distance will bring.

I did however, manage to stumble across a couple of bugs. In the first mission on the pushbike, I was pushed down a set of stairs, and as I was trying to peddle and wheelie my way out, I somehow fell through the stairs into nothingness, and ended up standing in the middle of the road.

Also, when people chase you, if they're very close to you, they don't appear visible. Very annoying, especially if you think you've run away, only to be cracked in the back of the head once you've stopped.

If I had a PS2, I'd have bought it by now. On that note, does anyone know when the PC version gets released?

at first i was disappointed w/ the size of the map, but after having to shuttle cars around from city to city, im kinda glad its not quite as big as i thought it would be. its a lot of work getting around. the thing that troubles me is how crazy the people drive on the freeways. im just cruising in my slamvan one miniute, the next i know a freaking semi truck slams into me from behind and soon after theres a 40 car pile up crazy_o.gif

oh yeah, and the tow trucks are fun. you can lower the whinch and hook somebodies car and drive off w/ it. i kinda wish they made the A.I. able to pull trailers in the linerunners though.

did anybody find the big jumbo jet you could fly in Venturas?

I'm playing Vice City, cool game. But when you see a Lambo driving towards you, it disappears when you turn around. I think that the game vanishes the car when you don't look at it. It's a sad thing that you can't earn money with killing cops or civilians.

Is this the same in SA?

Are there any golf corses in SA? I loved driving around in the golf cart, those are impossible to flip over.

Info on the PC version in the German Mag GameStar

http://www.gtasanandreas.net/news/single.php?id=983

Quote[/b] ]German gaming magazine GameStar has secured a world exclusive first look at the PC version of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas by travelling to Rockstar's offices in NYC to preview the game. Their cover page preview consists of 8 pages and 12 screenshots of the never-before seen PC version. Having read through the preview, here is a summary.

<ul>[*]The draw distance is considerably higher in the PC version.

[*]Real reflections on buildings can be seen in a screenshot. [*]Real reflections will also be visible on cars and shiny floors.

[*]The German version will be censored of blood, you also won't be able to mug people for money.

[*]You can forget washed out textures from the PlayStation 2 version.

[*]The PC version will not be a 1:1 copy of the PS2 version, but a whole new graphical experience.

[*]It is not yet confirmed how the 2-player mode will work on the PC.

[*]The PC version will allow you to import your own MP3 for listening on the radio. You can even specify an MP3 folder on your hard disk, which the radio will play songs from between advertisements and DJ commentary.

[*]As of writing the preview, the game is 90% complete and ready to be released in June.

Also, the game will be released on DVD-ROM, like Silent Hunter 3.

Wonder if the xbox version will be improved as well.. rock.gif

xbox version probaly will be a improvement. although the current pics i've seen from the article look like crap. the textures on the cars look very dull (like in GTAIII and VC), were as the cars in the PS2 had a glossy and shiny texture. and the view distance doesn't look anybetter either. i think those pics are from a beta version of the PS2.

Some more info for the GTA San Andreas  PC and XBox versions (June 7 US, June 10 EU).

Quote[/b] ]<ul>[*]The draw distance will be considerably higher in both the PC and Xbox versions.

[*]The textures for the PS2 version of the game were scaled down from how they were meant to be. A higher level of polygons and detail will appear in the game, and the game will visually look like it was meant to look.

[*]Shadows and real-time reflections will be added to the game.

[*]Both the PC and the Xbox versions will allow you to import your own MP3 songs for listening on the in-game radio. You can choose either to play your songs back to back, or have them wrapped in a radio station format, with original San Andreas advertisements, DJ commentary and weather bulletins inbetween.

[*]A replay mode will exist, allowing you to replay the last 30 seconds of gameplay, save the replay, and play it later.

[*]The 2-player mode will be available in the Xbox version, but not in the PC version.

[*]In the Xbox version, you will be able to move the camera around your player or vehicle with the right ministick.

[*]The game audio will be upgraded, featuring Dolby 5.1 surround sound.

[*]You will once again be able to play GTA in the widescreen mode.

Quote[/b] ]<ul>Minimum System Requirements

[*]1GHz Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon Processor

[*]256MB of RAM

[*]8x DVD-ROM Drive

[*]3.6 GB of free Hard Disk space for a minimal install

[*]64MB Video Card with DirectX 9 compatible drivers ("GeForce3" or better)

[*]DirectX 9 compatible Stereo Sound Card

[*]Keyboard & Mouse

Recommended System Requirements

[*]Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon XP processor (or better)

[*]384(+) MB of RAM

[*]16x DVD-ROM drive

[*]4.7 GB of free Hard Disk space for a full install

[*]128(+) MB Video Card with DirectX 9 compatible drivers ("GeForce4" or better)

[*]DirectX 9 compatible Surround Sound Card

[*]Game pad with twin axis analog controls (USB or Joystick Port)

[*]Keyboard & Mouse

Info from here

Can we drive tractor-trailer rigs in this one??? If not I'm not buying it. lol.

Can we drive tractor-trailer rigs in this one??? If not I'm not buying it. lol.

yea you can but unfortunately AI can't. they can drive the truck, but they won't be pulling any trailers except for certain cut scenes and missions. you'll have to find a semi and hook up to a trailer. there are also 3 different trucks, the linerunner, tanker and another one that has grill guards on the front.

PC version has been out for a week or so.

Anyone got it?

i know somebody already released a mod that uncensors the game. originally Rockstar had planed another mini game were you could actually see CJ go in to one of his girlfriends house for "coffee" and a minigame would start thats similar to the dance and lowrider minigames.the mod is even available for the consoles through X-port.

I got it, I like it, but I remember why I've never actually completed a GTA game thus far - those frigging missions can get hard. confused_o.gif

Guest The Cobra

Seems to be nice to just cruise around in the three citys..

Well, it's high up on my buy-list biggrin_o.gif

For those who do have it, do the graphics compare to other "free roam" city games such as Driver 3 or Mafia? One thing which has always put me off about the GTA series has been the graphics.

I like the free-form environment of Boiling Point better, I think. The difference is that Boiling Point has a little bit more of an RPG feature going than GTA (even though GTA has a pretty hefty RPG portion too). I like in Boiling Point that I can drive to a small town and get a mission to do something and can avoid the entire storyline if I want to - in GTA you HAVE to follow the storyline. Which kind of sucks.

For those who do have it, do the graphics compare to other "free roam" city games such as Driver 3 or Mafia?  One thing which has always put me off about the GTA series has been the graphics.

Never played 'em, can't compare. confused_o.gif

Dang, Boiling point looks quite good - how come I haven't heard about it (apart from the fact it's quite new). Okay, if you haven't played Mafia before mad_o.gif (I did love that game so much tounge2.gif ), have the graphics improved compared to GTA3 and GTA VC?

GTA SA graphicly doesn't come close to Mafia, but GTASA has alot more depth and a much larger map and imo, has a lot more replay value than Mafia.

Driver 3 was beyond awful. Hell, even GTA:SA took some jabs at it. nener.gif

True crime was pretty awful too, also mocked in GTA:SA. tounge2.gif

So far the only other decent gta-like game I have seen so far has been Mafia and only because it had a strong plot and good gfx.

The getaway is supposedly decent but I haven't played it.

Guest The Cobra
For those who do have it, do the graphics compare to other "free roam" city games such as Driver 3 or Mafia?  One thing which has always put me off about the GTA series has been the graphics.

Maybe Driver 3 has better graphics but GTA:SA just takes a plane and fly away...

I got GTA as well, I've been stuck at the "lowride" bounce mission for a few days, so just been driving around doing taxi and vigilanti missions, as well as finding all 100 spray paint tags.

Driver 3 was beyond awful. Hell, even GTA:SA took some jabs at it. nener.gif

True crime was pretty awful too, also mocked in GTA:SA. tounge2.gif

So far the only other decent gta-like game I have seen so far has been Mafia and only because it had a strong plot and good gfx.

The getaway is supposedly decent but I haven't played it.

the Getaway was 10x worst than True Crime. the combat system was only slightly better than Driv3r, you couldn't move the camra to left or right when you were in the car, and the car physic's were awful.

anyway, i've been looking for this GTA video of this very awsome stunt gone wrong you really have to see it to believe it

http://daemlich.net/4956

Dang, Boiling point looks quite good - how come I haven't heard about it (apart from the fact it's quite new).  Okay, if you haven't played Mafia before  mad_o.gif

Ditto!

Mafia is truly.. titillating.