Sign in to follow this  
DracoPaladore

Wish me luck, eh?

In about an hour and half I'm going to go see "Jen" at Tim Hortens and get my first job. Either going to button pusher, dohnut killer, or maybe table cleaner.

Well, boy. This is going to be a big change in my life! Means that I'm going to have to get my license too soon. That way I don't have to rely on my parents to drive me.

biggrin_o.gif

It's like de ja vou. I go from the Northstar forums onto this and its exactly the same! tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]This is going to be a big change in my life!

Yeah, i mean button pusher! remember me when you're in that leather chair ontop of the "Paladore Tower" tounge_o.gif

I'm only kiddin. Good luck!

well i think you should plan this in stages-

Stage one will be the hardest - finding the front door to your house.

-ZiRo

[edit: wow tim hortens has never ending jug's of coffee]

[edit: wow tim hortens has never ending jug's of coffee]

Actually, thats true in a way. Coffee I beleive is made every ten minutes.

I guess you will find out soon Draco. Good luck with your new job. Keep the coffee coming

Your first job, eh? Congrats, and don't spend the money too quickly tounge_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]That way I don't have to rely on my parents to drive me.

I bike to my job. It gives me a good workout, considering that it's an eight mile route that includes a small mountain biggrin_o.gif .

Lol, everybody starts with a crap job...I did wink_o.gif

The key is not to work too hard and get a reputation as someone the managerial staff can count on...I made the mistake of doing just that and what did I get for my trouble? A raise? A promotion?

Nope, just more work and responsibility crazy_o.gif

Anyway, best of luck unclesam.gif

From Tim Hortons site;

Quote[/b] ]What's so great about working for Tim Hortons?  

competitive wages

flexible shifts

fun, fast-paced environment

great new uniforms

comprehensive training system

locations close to home

full and part-time positions  

male.jpg

You will make the ladies collapse with lust in that sexy beige uniform!!

Great, does that mean now I will have inside connections to Tim Hortons, mmm donuts.

I still preferred Dunkin...

I bike to my job. It gives me a good workout, considering that

So do I, at 4:30am crazy_o.gif Then a few hours later Im walking around for 2 hours with a few heavy bags (normally in the area with the most uneven ground) tounge_o.gif

My first proper job and I love it wink_o.gif

Just came back.

Luckily, the manager was young, female, and had worked with my brother as well she was quite relaxed and easy going.. Asked me routine questions, put me through the ropes.

I think I did good overall. She said that I will be contacted by Friday. Went mainly over policy and stuff like that. Asked me the few odd questions. Describe three things about yourself, wether or not you have reliable transport, told me about 3 month training period thing.

Overall, I feel good.

As for that weird ass uniform, I won't be wearing it. Instead, I'll be wearing a white dress shirt with tie, hat, and black pants. So, I won't look like a rubber fetish.

biggrin_o.gif

Did I just see a moderator quoting an image!?!  tounge_o.gif   biggrin_o.gif

Very nice! I have been searching for a job for quite some time now aswell, but it seems as though noone wants to hire a person whose main source of joy in life is sleeping the entire day. Avast ye floor blubbers! Be glad that you landed a job and don't sleep too much! smile_o.gif

And what kind of a hat will you be wearing? Nothing too "shoutish" I hope smile_o.giftounge_o.gif

And what kind of a hat will you be wearing? Nothing too "shoutish" I hope smile_o.giftounge_o.gif

Actually, it's a greenish visor.

Well, I like the coffe there, but now that I know someone "on the inside".... try to be a bit less creative with the rollup prizes eh?!? crazy_o.gif

rollup.jpg

tounge_o.gif

As for that weird ass uniform, I won't be wearing it. Instead, I'll be wearing a white dress shirt with tie, hat, and black pants. So, I won't look like a rubber fetish.

instead you´d be looking like that  rock.gif

blues.brothers.jpg

i wish you good luck  blues.gif  wink_o.gif

Good luck draco.......

I need a new job now. Casual nightfill can only get you so far. tounge_o.gif

TIMS!!! biggrin_o.gif

I had the displeasure of trying a Starbucks coffee today and that crap tastes like mud.

IMO Starbucks coffe is pretty good, but I could buy two full meals at some places at a cheaper price than one of their cups of coffe. tounge_o.gif

Having been forced to work at a Cafe run by Starbucks, I urge you all to avoid the stuff. It's got so much bad shit in it that it's amazing anyone's still alive. crazy_o.gif

I've heard some horror stories about Timmy's as well, mostly about the doughnuts and Tim Bits. Apparently a single Tim Bit has more fat than a doughnut. I think the best story I heard was about a group of employees who were "let go" with a severance package and a non-disclosure agreement after taking some liberties with a block of lard...

tim hortons is ok for coffee. for donuts it is all about Krispy Cream