Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

Upcoming lost brother addons

Comment to the little "Airport assault story" pics...

The 3rd and 4th - If I were the civs, I wouldn't stand there.

wink_o.gif not jerking anyones chain or anything but did u mention too state the BMPs thextures were orignainaly by OPGWC in their desert strom armour pack i realsed bout  mayb 2 years ago using their textures from the Desrt storm desert sheild mod the first mmod for ofp ever its easy too forget im not acusing u of stealing enything

heer is the link

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=4382 wink_o.gif

You might want to check out the OPGWC thread.  Their members are working with us and other mods to further develop what they had.  We will be using alot more then just their textures but with their permission.   Don't worry. Proper credits will be given.   Most of the LoBo mod is based on other addons that we edited to suit our mod in order to save time.  That's how a small team like ours is able to produce a massive amount of addons.  We could only do it with the help and cooperation of the OFP community.

If you look through our entire mod you will find tons and tons of stuff based on other mod's and addon maker's stuff.  But we also try to make sure that everything is credited to the proper people and mods.  There's always a chance that someone might get left out, but I try very hard not to leave anyone and out and to try and make every effort to get permission to use particular models and/or textures.  

If we had never decided to do that, then we would have never released very many addons.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Comment to the little "Airport assault story" pics...

The 3rd and 4th - If I were the civs, I wouldn't stand there.

Have you ever seen Palistinian gunmen fighting? Civilians (including little kids) are usually always standing next to them cheering them on or ready to pick up their weapon if they fall fighting (as well as to take the wounded or dead away).

So actually its not that unusual in the Middle East to see crowds hanging around gunbattles. I've seen the same type of behavior in Iraq from videos showing militants in action.

To LP4life: The Syrians are coming later, but we have not begun work on them aside from the early betas originally by NoOne. The Syrian forces will be a MAJOR project. Right now we have enough on our plate still finishing the Israelies and Egyptians, and now well into getting the Jordanian forces done. We also have a great addon maker working in his spare time, on some Iranian forces.

But yes, eventually Syrian forces will come along. But before that happens we'll need a map with Syria or at least Lebanon on it.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

--CUT--

Avon Darling? Just a question: would you lend me a helping hand in creating a hebrew voice pack? My ivrit is too rusty to handle something like that alone. Besides I have no military experience in the hebrew language.

I already created a very complex german voice pack during my army time. Yet, still don't have a release date for it  tounge_o.gif

But would you mind helping me with hebrew?? I though about a arabic pack aswell - but i guess there are better people for this task avaible biggrin_o.gif

Great Idea mate. If you or AVON send me exact text or a beta sounds I can try to record my own ashkenazi voice biggrin_o.gifblues.gif

P.S. Good to see you back Vipersheart

Quote[/b] ]But would you mind helping me with hebrew?? I though about a arabic pack aswell - but i guess there are better people for this task avaible

And what about the arabic voice pack that I'm recording ? rock.gif

Ok , no problem , that'll be intended only to the IM:UC mod or if the Lobo mod agree that should be a nice idea to do both voice packs , each side'll have its own voices pack smile_o.gif that 'll make the game more realistic ..

Quote[/b] ]

You might want to check out the OPGWC thread. Their members are working with us and other mods to further develop what they had. We will be using alot more then just their textures but with their permission. Don't worry. Proper credits will be given. Most of the LoBo mod is based on other addons that we edited to suit our mod in order to save time. That's how a small team like ours is able to produce a massive amount of addons. We could only do it with the help and cooperation of the OFP community.

If you look through our entire mod you will find tons and tons of stuff based on other mod's and addon maker's stuff. But we also try to make sure that everything is credited to the proper people and mods. There's always a chance that someone might get left out, but I try very hard not to leave anyone and out and to try and make every effort to get permission to use particular models and/or textures.

If we had never decided to do that, then we would have never released very many addons.

sorry lads thot u mite have forgoten where it came from or sumthing jus checking i have addons with OPGWC edited textures but its mostly 1980s us desert stuff an unrealsed sorry bout the misunderstnading guys sad_o.gif

Yo Thunderbird, that's agreat idea. It should be managable with the voices to have either side speaking their language!! biggrin_o.gif

Firefly, I can send you list of the orginal flashpoint comments in miltary english ( I'll improve some) and then a rar archieve with example voices. Then you'll just have to translate the list into hebrew. I know, that might be some work. But it'll be worth it :-) I'll post a tutorial on creating those voices soon!

Quote[/b] ]But would you mind helping me with hebrew?? I though about a arabic pack aswell - but i guess there are better people for this task avaible

And what about the arabic voice pack that I'm recording  ?  rock.gif

Ok , no problem , that'll be intended only to the IM:UC mod or if the Lobo mod agree that should be a nice idea to do both voice packs , each side'll have its own voices pack  smile_o.gif that 'll make the game more realistic ..

Yeah Thunderbird we DEFINITELY want to use those voices you are recording. They are very good. The more OFP voices we can replace, the better. smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Mo' Pics!  This time of our Ruger 10/22 .22LR short-range sniper rifle.  Its also refered to by the IDF as the "Hush Puppy" as its used to silence noisy dogs.  For a period it was used for crowd control, but the problem was that the tiny .22LR bullets turned out to be suprisingly lethal.  Now it is used for noisy dogs as well as for close range sniping where high accuracy but also very low noise is needed to quietly take down a target with a head shot.  Currently however we're still having problems calibrating the sights and getting the AI to shoot accurately with it.  But we should have it all figured out soon.  Anyways here's the pics:

LoBoIsraeliRuger1022_1.jpg

LoBoIsraeliRuger1022_2.jpg

Real life pic:

ruger-2.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

For more info on the Lost Brothers Mod, Uziyahu got us registered on the Mod database now here:

http://mods.moddb.com/4522/

Also, thanks to Orson, Swift88, and OPGWC for the assistance with some of the new models we'll be using for our Jordanian and Iranian armor. Here's a beautiful one that is going to be great: The EE-11 Urutu APC:

LoBoJordanUrutu1.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I think it's great you guys got that extra boost using their models...it'd be a shame not to see them used.

Your Ruger 10/22 looks real good but would it be possible to cut down on the shine?

Man, I'm blinded from it.  wow_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Your Ruger 10/22 looks real good but would it be possible to cut down on the shine?

Man, I'm blinded from it.  wow_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

I agree. Make it more dull. Looks like you waxed the hell out of it crazy_o.giftounge_o.gif.

Firefly, I can send you list of the orginal flashpoint comments in miltary english ( I'll improve some) and then a rar archieve with example voices. Then you'll just have to translate the list into hebrew. I know, that might be some work. But it'll be worth it :-) I'll post a tutorial on creating those voices soon!

Although, I'm not familiar with israeli army slang, at least I can try. In case of doubts I'll ask smile_o.gif

Also, thanks to Orson, Swift88, and OPGWC for the assistance with some of the new models we'll be using for our Jordanian and Iranian armor. Here's a beautiful one that is going to be great: The EE-11 Urutu APC:

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

LOVELY STUFF Miles!! That's one of the things to make Khafji battle mission!

The shine on the Ruger 10/22 is partly due to the fact that I hightened the brightness and contrast on the pic in photoshop. The real life pic shows a duller 10/22 partly because 1. the sniper is in a shaded area. and 2. they most likly sand down their rifles or order them from Ruger with a dull natural finish.

In OFP if we dull down the textures, people will complain that it looks crappy. The shine is there because the textures were taken from an actual photo in which they probably used artificial lighting.

At any rate, I don't want to mess with the shine because it will likely screw up the quality of the textures. In otherwords you can either choose between pretty wood grain and shine, or dull wood and no shine. That is unless a really good texturer steps forward to help us make some better textures.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Jordanian armored recon units and Jordanian Security Forces in digital urban camoflage uniforms.

LoBoJordanScorpion1.jpg

LoBoJordanSpartan1.jpg

LoBoJordanJSF1.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Do this jordanian security forces really have jordanian flag on their chest? They look just like shooting targets with this colour flag.

Yeah they do actually.

LoBoJordanJSFreal.jpg

The pic above is them without kevlar helmet and kneepads acting as VIP security. He carries an HK .45 cal UMP silenced submachine gun.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Very nice! Going to be really cool addon I am sure...

I am wondering though why did you choose to make jordanian army instead of syrian one? rock.gif

In a future conflict between Israel and arab states Syria is sure to play much bigger role than Jordan.

Not a complaint just asking. smile_o.gif

Very nice! Going to be really cool addon I am sure...

I am wondering though why did you choose to make jordanian army instead of syrian one? rock.gif

In a future conflict between Israel and arab states Syria is sure to play much bigger role than Jordan.

Not a complaint just asking. smile_o.gif

To quote Miles 2 pages back wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]To LP4life: The Syrians are coming later, but we have not begun work on them aside from the early betas originally by NoOne. The Syrian forces will be a MAJOR project. Right now we have enough on our plate still finishing the Israelies and Egyptians, and now well into getting the Jordanian forces done. We also have a great addon maker working in his spare time, on some Iranian forces.

But yes, eventually Syrian forces will come along. But before that happens we'll need a map with Syria or at least Lebanon on it.

Thanks Ironsight.

Yeah...really the main reason we haven't started work on the Syrians yet is because it would be pointless without a map showing that section of Israel that borders Syria and Lebanon.

But Syrians will eventually come, and actually they'll be ALOT easier to do because most of their equipment we already have in our mod and it would only require some minor editing to turn them into Syrian vehicles. But still they have so much stuff that it would be a major project.

We're having alot of fun making the Jordanian units because they have a lot of very cool SF units, and nice armor and helis. They are also one of the few Arab forces that put up a pretty good fight in past wars with Israel due in part to their Western military training and structure.

While they likely will not fight Israel anytime in the near future, we thought it would be fun to make fictional battles either against Israel or perhaps joining Israel to fight against terrorists.

I might also make some fictional Egypt vs. Jordan missions. Egypt would probably win, but still, the Jordanian military is lean and mean with some good equipment.

Right now I'm working on a fictional Jordanian incursion into Israel to liberate a refugee camp and seize the industrial section of Eliat.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

While they likely will not fight Israel anytime in the near future, we thought it would be fun to make fictional battles either against Israel or perhaps joining Israel to fight against terrorists.

How about some Black September II? That would be interesting.

As for those flags on the chest, nice picture smile_o.gif

Hah! I couldn't believe it, when I first heard it: LoBo is still alive and kicking??

I see.. i've simply been away for too long wink_o.gif  seems as i have missed really a lot of details, hah?

Miles, your work looks pretty good! I like the way my former babe is handled by you biggrin_o.gif

Keep up the good work!!

--CUT--

Avon Darling? Just a question: would you lend me a helping hand in creating a hebrew voice pack? My ivrit is too rusty to handle something like that alone. Besides I have no military experience in the hebrew language.

I already created a very complex german voice pack during my army time. Yet, still don't have a release date for it  tounge_o.gif

But would you mind helping me with hebrew?? I though about a arabic pack aswell - but i guess there are better people for this task avaible biggrin_o.gif

wow what a suprise

the hk pack maker!!!!!

anychance of it being jam compatible? or updated