Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

Chance how improve graphics quality for ati owners

This new Antialiasing mode looks totally fantastic and smooth for Operation FlashPoint smile_o.gif ...!!!

it needs R9500>

it needs catalyst 4.4

it needs forced vsync on,

value 2 sets each 2 frames with diffrent AA pattern (1-2-1-2...)

mode 3 sets each 3 frames with different AA patter (1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3...)

so it abuse high refresh rate at monitor and high ingame fps to create better quality, at ultra low fps/refresh = flicker at edges ...

test urself

original thread on beyond3d is down so read this one and remember it's alpha/beta feature so buggy smile_o.gif

http://www.rage3d.net/board....umber=1

To give You idea how it looks / works :

AA 2x modes: 2x 2x2T (4x) 2x3T (6x)

2x.png

AA 4x modes: 4x 4x2T (8x) 4x3T (12x)

4x.png

AA 6x modes: 6x 6x2T (12x) 6x3T (18x)

6x.png

http://files.lasalas.net/pauls/b3d/TAA.JPG

http://files.lasalas.net/pauls/b3d/TAA2.JPG

for CRT monitors, forced vsync and high Hz it can still looks good with fps at 1/3-1/4 of monitor refresh rate

You can't use screenshots for compare , try understood it man ...

It uses programable AA pattern feature in chip, 2x mode swaps between two different patterns, 3x between three ...

for 3x u need very high fps and majority of cards will not deliver that FPS , but 2x works on r3xx cards fine ...

so if You do screenshot comparsion, you will see normal 2x,4x or 6x mode with bit different AA pattern (see pictures) ...

so you need compare it in video or by your own eyes ... no other way ...

Hmm. Second linked pic says it works best when the FPS is greater than refresh... because you'll be getting wiggles otherwise. Ah the shimmers of the mirage.

Looking at the first linked pic, basically in even number frames you'd use AA pattern 1, and odd frames you'd use pattern 2. Persistance of vision tricks you into thinking you're getting 4x, when you're really only getting a constantly switching 2x. I wonder how visible the flicker would be at FPS's less than double the display refresh. Since screen shots only capture a single frame, you'll only get normal(x) AA in screenies. Low refresh (high FPS) fraps movies may look better though.

arrr..i will try this ASAP

jesusthanks.gif

edit: no i´m not trying, in the 3drage forums they mentioned that it doesn´t rise performance but creates a slight flicker, which i already have enough of hence the missing w-buffer on ati9600

w-buffer is missing at any r3xx chip (so all 9500 and newer) ...

i dont see any flicker on my cards ...

w-buffer

ARGHHH, don't say the "BAD WORD"!!!

I hate that damned flickering and some ugly "shadow effects" on buildings.... etc.

MfG Lee mad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gif

edit: no i´m not trying, in the 3drage forums they mentioned that it doesn´t rise performance but creates a slight flicker,

I called it! biggrin_o.gif I'm sticking with my dual-headed GFX5600, until I can afford to get it replaced with a externally powered dual-head double dvi GFXnnn0 whenever, but that'll be after the next big upgrade, which will be after OFP2 of course.

This new Antialiasing mode looks totally fantastic and smooth for Operation FlashPoint smile_o.gif ...!!!

it needs R9500>

it needs catalyst 4.4

it needs forced vsync on,

value 2 sets each 2 frames with diffrent AA pattern (1-2-1-2...)

mode 3 sets each 3 frames with different AA patter (1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3...)

so it abuse high refresh rate at monitor and high ingame fps to create better quality, at ultra low fps/refresh = flicker at edges ...

test urself

original thread on beyond3d is down so read this one and remember it's alpha/beta feature so buggy smile_o.gif

http://www.rage3d.net/board....umber=1

I dont understand a shit of this rock.gif tell me more exact what I shall do plz

.Thx

it is ATI new and improved fake cheap AA......

"fake cheap"? Have you tried it? From what I've been reading there does not seem to be anything fake or cheap about it, it simply is an option to double, triple or quadruple the level of AA selected, so if you selected 2T and have 4xAA it appears you're running at 8XAA without the performance hit, seems fairly straight forward.....

Thanks for the tip you can defiantly notice it in flashpoint and it doesn't lag. biggrin_o.gif

"fake cheap"? Have you tried it? From what I've been reading there does not seem to be anything fake or cheap about it, it simply is an option to double, triple or quadruple the level of AA selected, so if you selected 2T and have 4xAA it appears you're running at 8XAA without the performance hit, seems fairly straight forward.....

seriously it is not even possible to see this effect in videos or screenshots. Sure it works fine, but it is just a driver feauture, nvidia will probably come up with something nice as well. (I aint an nvidia fanboy, I have an ati 9800 pro, I am canadian and I am just tired about ati evil marketing scheme). tounge_o.gif

It is fake. But it does work, due to "persistance of vision", and likely more so on LCD's. Here's how:

'Classic' 2xAA uses a two dot pattern in a certain pattern every single frame. 4xAA uses the four-dot pattern, and so on.

On this new mode, for example 2x->4x, you have two different 2x modes that alternate every frame. So the computer only has to calculate 2xAA every frame, but your brain is tricked into thinking it's 4x from how fast it switches, and the blurring from the display persistence.

Because your screenshots only snap a single frame, you will never see it in a screenshot, unless you could grab two back-to-back shots and blend them. You could see it in a video only if you had a hi-res hi-speed video capture system with forced frame sync.

Where the laggage comes in is that the AA patterns are different. You obviously can't use caching schemes from frame to frame, you'd have to write a mode to cache data skipping frames. Also, the differences in the patterns are sufficient enough to cause some gpu rethinking per frame.

The trick is to get a virtually higher AA level, with less load than actually implementing that higher level. It's actually a really neat trick, but that's all it is.

can anyone write EXACT what i shall do ? I mean like example put AA on 4X AF on 16 and blbalbalba on blbalbalba etc etc